PDA

View Full Version : Hairstyles for all lengths

et--cetera
May 14th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Is there a chart somewhere or a list for hairstyles (buns, braids, etc.) for different lengths? If not, could we create one? I'm trying to figure out what do with my hair that's about an inch away from BSL and no matter what I search on here I can't find something that says.

Aderyn
May 14th, 2014, 07:14 PM
There is a bun/braid reference thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=112682), though it's not arranged by length of hair.

A few recommendations for buns: nautilus, disc bun, LWB, knot, cinnamon, orchid, hypno. Can be a bit tricky getting the bun "just right", don't be afraid to practice, practice and practice!

et--cetera
May 14th, 2014, 07:18 PM
my hair is still too short for most of those. I had to be at mid back length for most of those to work and from my time here that seems to be the norm, which is why I was thinking it would be beneficial to have a chart to arrange styles by hair length.

Larki
May 14th, 2014, 07:41 PM
my hair is still too short for most of those. I had to be at mid back length for most of those to work and from my time here that seems to be the norm, which is why I was thinking it would be beneficial to have a chart to arrange styles by hair length.

I think it also depends on hair thickness, people with thinner hair can do styles that people with thick hair can't at the same length. It would be a pretty complicated chart.

LightSabr
May 14th, 2014, 10:50 PM
I'd kind of like that too. Or just a list for shorter hair styles. It's hard to keep it up when you're starting out.

florenonite
May 15th, 2014, 04:01 AM
I think it also depends on hair thickness, people with thinner hair can do styles that people with thick hair can't at the same length. It would be a pretty complicated chart.

This. You know how many times I've looked through threads for suggestions for hairstyles at APL and seen things like LWBs and been like, 'Nope, can't do that'? :lol: I'm only a couple inches shy of waist and I *still* can't do a LWB.