PDA

View Full Version : O'Connor Wooden Pens -- Hairsticks??

Willowyn
May 14th, 2014, 06:43 PM
While traipsing around on Etsy (oh the hours I have lost....), I came across this seller, and I was immediately enamored of the work (although I do think their prices are a bit high). I sent a note to the seller, who apparently the apprenticing grand-daughter of the woodworker, and mentioned that they might find some fans in the Long Hair Community if they expanded their product line to include hairsticks. Their designs are so unlike any of the others (TT, Elymwold, etc) that I didn't think it would be a conflict for the artisans we already love. I'd be interested to hear what others think. Here's the link to the shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/OConnorWoodenPens?ref=shopsection_shophome_leftnav
:confused:

Aderyn
May 14th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Ooh, those are pretty. I'd love to see what they could do with hairsticks. :D

slynr
May 14th, 2014, 08:14 PM
I agree. I would also love to see them do a stick or a fork. Have they responded to your inquiry?

Sterlyn
May 14th, 2014, 08:37 PM
I concur with the opinions here, would love to see some of those designs used on hair toys.

Larki
May 14th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Very pretty, but oh my gosh, the prices! If their hairsticks end up being even a third of those prices they'll be out of most peoples' budget ranges.

mouse2cat
May 14th, 2014, 09:00 PM
I feel like pens are more complex objects... These are lovely

Weewah
May 14th, 2014, 09:45 PM
I like the classy pen look, I'd totally get a classy pen looking hair stick. I'm a fan of RoundtheWoods for having that style.

Rosa Harris
May 14th, 2014, 11:07 PM
he should be able to go significantly lower for hairsticks because a huge part of his cost is actually the penworks to go in the items - I am guessing he is using high quality penworks for them.

truepeacenik
May 15th, 2014, 12:16 AM
She.

Lots of wood turners near Highlands Ranch. Very popular there. Took a lot of photos of them for the paper.

The issue I see would be us all asking for 6 inch and above.