PDA

View Full Version : Length chart image

Katyusha
May 14th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Hey everyone, I'm new here so I had minor problems with visualising my hair length with LHC abbreviations.

I found this image chart that I found really useful:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sufzxIw6wGo/Un0dByFNzzI/AAAAAAAAAl4/PelHnOReIG0/s1600/Hair+Length+Image.jpg

divinedobbie
May 14th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Anyone else under the impression that BSL is where APL should be, and MBL is where BSL should be?

Welcome to the forum! :D

florenonite
May 14th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Anyone else under the impression that BSL is where APL should be, and MBL is where BSL should be?

Welcome to the forum! :D

That's what I was thinking :p

I don't actually have a proper MBL, though, as I'm quite short-waisted. There's 2-3" between the bottom of my bra band and my waist.

divinedobbie
May 14th, 2014, 10:31 AM
That's what I was thinking :p

I don't actually have a proper MBL, though, as I'm quite short-waisted. There's 2-3" between the bottom of my bra band and my waist.

I never really understood MBL. I've seen it described as the middle mark between APL and waist (which in my case ends up being exactly the same as BSL), and also the middle between BSL and waist (which would be nice to have, since I have about 6" between). :shrug:

florenonite
May 14th, 2014, 10:35 AM
I never really understood MBL. I've seen it described as the middle mark between APL and waist (which in my case ends up being exactly the same as BSL), and also the middle between BSL and waist (which would be nice to have, since I have about 6" between). :shrug:

Me too. It's sometimes used as a male equivalent to BSL (so roughly halfway between APL and waist), too.

Long_hair_bear
May 14th, 2014, 10:38 AM
To me, MBL should be MBA (mid back abyss) Took me forever to grow through it! I'm at solid hip at the moment. I think with APL, its just how she's wearing her shirt on her arms. :)

Katyusha
May 14th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Thanks for welcoming me :D

If this chart is not correct than please correct me, it's just something I found and taught it should be right :)

door72067
May 14th, 2014, 12:38 PM
the marks all look a tad high to me as well

jeanniet
May 14th, 2014, 12:45 PM
I think APL and BSL are a little high, at least on me, but otherwise it's pretty accurate. I think BSL is pretty subjective anyway, because obviously it hits differently depending on your bra. On me, BSL and MBL are pretty much the same. I do like the idea of having a visual chart like that, and whoever it is, nice hair!

Anje
May 14th, 2014, 01:21 PM
:) I think I recognize that longhair.

hikarilu
May 14th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Armpit length is translated as "shoulder blades length" on the right side. Weird. I don't think my shoulder blades are at the same place my armpits are (goes to check :D)

Katyusha
May 14th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Well I found this image and tried to find author but no success. If you guys want I can make new chart if someone is willing to take similar picture than in chart below, and I can move marks as you want.

roseomalley
May 14th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Hey, Katyusha, welcome to the board!

Katyusha
May 14th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Thank you rosemalley :)

Kina
May 14th, 2014, 02:50 PM
I think it's a great chart. Problem is her clothes are sort of baggy around the shoulder area, so it's not clearly defined. Welcome to the board :)

woodswanderer
May 14th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Hmmm, I think I know who it is too. You know you spend a lot of time on LHC when you can recognize someone from the back. Glad you're here Katyusha! :blossom:

Katlette
May 14th, 2014, 03:00 PM
To me it doesn't look like the markers are wrong, but rather that her baggy sleeves start lower than where her armpits actually are.

swearnsue
May 14th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Well I found this image and tried to find author but no success. If you guys want I can make new chart if someone is willing to take similar picture than in chart below, and I can move marks as you want.

I volunteer for the photo, just give me 50 years to grow my hair that long! LOL.

The hair does look familiar but I don't remember who it is.

Cowgirl16
May 14th, 2014, 04:02 PM
JJJlonghair!

hypersensitive
May 14th, 2014, 05:29 PM
This isnt a good chart simply because hair lengths are determined by body markers yet you can hardly see her body outline. Don't go by this. Use something else.

Katyusha
May 14th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Thanks everyone for welcoming me :blossom:

Maybe I'll make new chart tomorrow from appropriate picture if I find one.

Weewah
May 14th, 2014, 06:29 PM
I'm striving for taille length right now, then maintain there until my bleach is grown out. Then it's on to my long term goal of hanches length! (Sorry, I just get a kick out of foreign words :cool:)

Bagginslover
May 15th, 2014, 04:15 AM
This isnt a good chart simply because hair lengths are determined by body markers yet you can hardly see her body outline. Don't go by this. Use something else.

^this.
I actually intend to take a photo of myself at some point, with my hair tied up, so I can compare my length shots to it :) As everyones markers are different, perhaps we should all do this if we're unsure where our milestones are ;)

Katyusha
May 15th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Ok everyone I present you my custom made length chart made only for LGH ;)

I decided that it's best if I find vector image instead of photograph. So I found this woman sketch from front and back and give her little colour,face and underwear ( you know poor girl can't be naked on public forum :rolleyes: )

And voila! This is what came out. I hope you like it and find it helpful for visualisation.

http://i.imgur.com/Xu54CMZl.png

Please comment if you want to move markers, add some or something else. It's vector so I can change anything you want.

lapushka
May 15th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Ok everyone I present you my custom made length chart made only for LGH ;)

I decided that it's best if I find vector image instead of photograph. So I found this woman sketch from front and back and give her little colour,face and underwear ( you know poor girl can't be naked on public forum :rolleyes: )

And voila! This is what came out. I hope you like it and find it helpful for visualisation.

http://i.imgur.com/Xu54CMZl.png

Please comment if you want to move markers, add some or something else. It's vector so I can change anything you want.

Nicely done. The markers seem about right! To me, at least. :D
Welcome, BTW.

neko_kawaii
May 15th, 2014, 09:05 AM
LOL, looks like she needs "high heel length"

Katyusha
May 15th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Thank you lapushka ;)

Yea I know. I wanted to add floor length but couldn't decide if I should put it on her heel or on floor. Well I think floor length is pretty obvious for all :P

gus
May 15th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Love it! I'd recommend perhaps adding "fingertip length," since that's a marker a few people use in the long stretch between "classic" and "mid-thigh" (and in fact fingertip length is my personal goal).

Katyusha
May 15th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Sure gus no problem I' can make that marker. I'll just wait for more comments and then add all at once ;)

jacqueline101
May 15th, 2014, 01:37 PM
I wonder how my buddy on here jjjlonglocks is doing. I love her chart I wonder how she made it. Anyways I think the problem is her hair hides the body markers therefore they look off.

harpgal
May 15th, 2014, 01:50 PM
One little correction. Your tailbone marker is a bit low. Hope this helps.:)

Katyusha
May 15th, 2014, 05:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YzI6Gaql.png

Here you go guys. I hope it is right now, if not you know what to do ;)

Dessi
May 15th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Nice chart (the one you made) and welcome! I think that Hip length starts a little bit higher? If anyone else agree you can change it if you want to, but if It's only me - don't do anything :D It's okay the way it is.

MissPetite2010
May 15th, 2014, 10:06 PM
It was me from the chart, I just wore a wig! lol jk Wish my hair was that length. lol But, as for my height of 4'7, definitely not me. Would definitely be a different chart. I've got 5 more inches to go to waist length. Can't wait. Not much longer. Just exercise, vitamins, plenty of sleep, plenty of water and plenty of patience, until goal! Anyway, thanks for the chart and welcome to LHC. A lot of interesting topics and tips on hair growth :)

Bagginslover
May 16th, 2014, 02:52 AM
One little correction. Your tailbone marker is a bit low. Hope this helps.:)
I wasn't off for me ;)

Tini'sNewHair
May 16th, 2014, 03:26 AM
I only follow this chart because its easy for me, I like that its a scheleton better :)
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm242/MayasMommy7nov/esHairLengthApproximationChart-vi-1.jpg (http://s298.photobucket.com/user/MayasMommy7nov/media/esHairLengthApproximationChart-vi-1.jpg.html)

Katyusha
May 16th, 2014, 07:37 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4xwBjsfl.png

Hip little higher, tailbone little lower :)

Thanks Dessi :)

Tini'sNewHair I like your chart too.