PDA

View Full Version : Yuk!

thetokenlady
March 19th, 2008, 05:37 PM
After a long day at work I took my hair down from the twist it's been in all day. It's garbage day tomorrow, so I'm wandering around collecting various trash bags, brushing my hair away from ny face every once in a while. It's also time to change the catbox. Not just scoop it, but dump it out completely and change out the litter. (Y'all can see where this is going, can't you?) So I bend over to pick up the catbox and.....

<sigh> and I'm now headed upstairs to wash my hair, even though it's not wash day and I never wash at night.

All right, so it wasn't damage at least. Anyone else's hair get into something yukky?

spidermom
March 19th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Oh my goodness - YES! I took the dogs for a walk one day, had to pick up a deposit one of them made, and learned never to wear my hair down while I'm walking the dog because a strand of hair was caught by the breeze and blew right across the surface of what I was picking up. Eeeeeewwwwwwwww!!!

Keiera
March 19th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Cleaning the toilet. Hair was in a low pony tail, and it fell over my shoulder and into the bleach filled bowl... Some water splashed out onto my face... That was a pretty disheartening cleaning day...

Poolsoflaughter
March 19th, 2008, 06:00 PM
The other day, I was getting ready for school with my hair down, went out, and came home late that evening. When I got home and glanced in the mirror, I noticed that there had been a big glob of toothpaste in my hair since that morning! :(

Anje
March 19th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Eww, yes, toothpaste hair. I've been known to walk around all day with that.

For the record, I make a special point of putting my hair up for litterbox duty. Sometimes I cover it with a bandana, too, to keep out the dust.

Ellswyth
March 19th, 2008, 07:48 PM
:rollin: I love this. And here I thought getting thrown up on bad.... kitty litter and the like trump that any day IMO

amz1998
March 21st, 2008, 11:58 AM
Ah yes, the dreaded dip. I have dipped my hair in just about anything it could be dipped in. Coffee, soda, food, doggie wee (the worst!), paint, toilet bowls, sinks, oh, and yes the wonderful toothpaste hair.
It is amazing the things we do to our hair unintentionally.

Tapioca
March 21st, 2008, 12:53 PM
My daughter threw up bananas on me when she was a baby. And it got in quite a bit of my hair. And I was wearing satin pajamas. Ew. Wet satin banana-vomit smelling jammies.

Kittee
March 21st, 2008, 12:55 PM
Yep.

Toilet bowl hair: Check
Litterbox hair: Check
Dirty sink water hair: Check
Cooking pot of soup: Check
Plate of food: Check
Car door slam: Check
Painting pallet: CHECK

List goes on and on...

For the litterbox now, if I have my hair down, I quickly tuck it into the back of my shirt collar to keep it away from danger now. =)

Kirin
March 21st, 2008, 12:59 PM
Making dniner one evening (last time my hair was bsl) a wind came in the window, blew my hair and lifted it up.... and i got caught on the fly tack strip hanging near the stove..... OMG ripped out a bunch of my hair.

AquaViolet1973
March 21st, 2008, 01:50 PM
I'm certainly glad I'm not eating while reading this thread. Some of the above posts are like :puke:
I'm glad that my DH cleans the cat box.

Islandgrrl
March 21st, 2008, 01:54 PM
For me I think the worst was getting my knee-length hair caught in the car door and driving something like 60 miles on the freeway. I got wherever it was I was going and had muddy, greasy, wet, nasty hair.

I've never had a cat so the litterbox doesn't count.
Toilet: yep.
Stuff I'm cooking: uh-huh
Dog mess: yes.
Barf: yeah.

All easily remedied. But the greasy nasty muddy mess took a while to resolve.

jojo
March 21st, 2008, 09:03 PM
when my hair was longer and my daughter a baby we were both having an afternoon nap on the settee, i woke up and could feel her tracing my face with her fingers, my eyes still shut i thought aww how cute. I was suddenly brought back to life with a smell, she had not only taken her nappy off but was using its contents as a crayon, yep you guessed my hair, my face was covered, as was she! end of together naps for us!!

khyricat
March 22nd, 2008, 07:57 AM
I had a glider with diarrhea decide my head was a safe spot to go to having been spooked.. (she was recovering from Giardia), and needless to say I washed as soon as I got her back in her cage even though there is no other way I'd wash my hair that late at night and have to go to bed with it still wet!

Carina
March 22nd, 2008, 08:36 AM
When my son had the stomach flu he threw up all over me.It came all over the back of my head and shoulders and this happened in the middle of the night.I had to do a cwc after that.

angelthadiva
March 22nd, 2008, 09:10 AM
I'm allergic to animals (so no cat litter or dog poo accidents for me)...

I have closed the door on my hair more times than I care to remember, and rolled the window up on it (dang drive thrus)...

Probably the most embarrassing thing that has happened to me was waiting in line at the DMV to renew my driver's license, hair was down and loose (for my picture) :D and a lady behind me says, "Excuse me ma'am, but you have a sticker in your hair, and I didn't want to just yank it out." Me to the lady, "Oh, thank you for telling me!" I pull my hair around to find a neon green sticker that says REJECTED on it! I was on my lunch, and probably had been walking around at work all morning w/this dang sticker in my hair and nobody told me!

I can only imagine how my DL pic would have turned out!

Sarahmoon
March 22nd, 2008, 09:14 AM
I always put my hair up before I start cleaning! But once i flipped my braid behind me and I forgot I put my plate behind me. Braid tassel all covered in tomato sauce :(

aisling
March 22nd, 2008, 09:55 AM
The problem is, it doesn't always have to be loose to get into things. For me, a braid isn't a safe style, I friend my braid tassel the other day when I bent over to taste the dish I was making and my slippery braid slipped over my shoulder and into the frying pan. Duh... :D Should teach me to a) bun my hair and b) not bending over so much!

Bloodflower
March 22nd, 2008, 10:08 AM
The most disgusting thing that has happened to me was a bird pooing on my head while waiting for the bus. I had been on my way to uni and had already an one-hour-long train ride behind me. Needless to say, I didn't continue my way to uni, but went back home immediately. Which meant another train ride, all the time hoping no one would notice ... Most disgusting about this was the amount that bird dropped on me ...

truepeacenik
March 22nd, 2008, 11:01 AM
loo: check
cat box: check (with ill cats, of all times)
hairball barf: check
kiddo barf: check
kiddo wee (boy) : check
adult wee from transport accident: check
murphy's oil soap while washing the wood floor : check
cooking accidents: check
candle flames/ incense: check
recumbent trike tyres/tires: check (oooowwwwch)
seatbelt/ door car window: check

recently on any? check.

am I clumsy: check
am I wearing it up around any foreign substances from now on? check

Patrycja
March 22nd, 2008, 11:05 AM
Only baby spit up here,but everyone gets that if they have kids.Amongst other really nasty baby excretions :puke:

LifeisAdventure
March 22nd, 2008, 11:44 AM
I'm allergic to animals (so no cat litter or dog poo accidents for me)...

I have closed the door on my hair more times than I care to remember, and rolled the window up on it (dang drive thrus)...

Probably the most embarrassing thing that has happened to me was waiting in line at the DMV to renew my driver's license, hair was down and loose (for my picture) :D and a lady behind me says, "Excuse me ma'am, but you have a sticker in your hair, and I didn't want to just yank it out." Me to the lady, "Oh, thank you for telling me!" I pull my hair around to find a neon green sticker that says REJECTED on it! I was on my lunch, and probably had been walking around at work all morning w/this dang sticker in my hair and nobody told me!

I can only imagine how my DL pic would have turned out!

LOL!! :D Sounds like a day in my life. Irony wins again!