PDA

View Full Version : How Does Everyone Deal with Warm Weather Greasies?

animetor7
May 13th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Hey everyone. This thread is pretty much what the title says. I'm curious as to how everyone deals with the extra greasiness that Spring and Summer can bring on. I always have to add in an extra wash during the week, only a CO, but I still would rather not have to add one in to my schedule. How does everyone else combat the warm weather greasiness?

HintOfMint
May 13th, 2014, 09:29 PM
I actually get the cold weather greasies, but in any case, I add on the extra wash but I try to blunt the effects of overwashing by doing a pre-wash (or even overnight) oiling with either coconut or olive oil.

JS09
May 13th, 2014, 09:46 PM
I use a cocoa & cinnamon powder mix as a dry shampoo and it works beautifully (plus, my hair smells pretty!). I use it to stretch between washes- I really hate having to wash more than once a week!

Nadine <3
May 13th, 2014, 09:47 PM
I just wash my hair. When it's warm (humidity especially) I go from washing ever 4 days to every other day. I stretch it, but only if it doesn't look bad or feel uncomfortable. I don't really like to set myself to on a schedule. Basically I just wash if I feel I need it.

meteor
May 13th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Yes, it's an annual problem for me. Now that I know how to do scalp-only washes and my hair is long enough to justify them, it's much easier!
Generally, I'd recommend:
- scalp-only washes;
- WO;
- CO;
- dry shampoo.

spidermom
May 13th, 2014, 10:46 PM
I wash my hair whenever I think that it needs to be washed no matter the season, unless I'm unable for some reason. I wear my hair up in some way if it's not presentable, maybe even wrap in a scarf.

MungoMania
May 14th, 2014, 12:50 AM
I just wash my hair. When it's warm (humidity especially) I go from washing ever 4 days to every other day. I stretch it, but only if it doesn't look bad or feel uncomfortable. I don't really like to set myself to on a schedule. Basically I just wash if I feel I need it.

This is my summer routine too.

LadyCelestina
May 14th, 2014, 01:00 AM
I can stretch my washes up to one week in cold weather,but in warm weather,it is oily around day 3 and I don't like using dry shampoo (though I do use it sometimes on my bangs ) ,so I wash.

What helps is that I figured out a way that shrinks my wash/dry time to around half an hour-wash, quickly detangle with conditioner,rinse,get out,towel dry a bit then blow dry on low heat.
Then it's around 70% dry and I can go on with my day.Warm weather helps speed up the process.

MissBubble
May 14th, 2014, 04:08 AM
I use a dry shampoo.
It also helps me to brush it with a bbb, too simple, but my hair looks good and shiny again.

soothsayer
May 14th, 2014, 06:34 AM
I do dry shampoo or, if I can get away with it, I keep my hair wet and pulled into a swim-friendly style. That way it looks like I just got out of the pool/lake/ocean. Since I live in a crazy, always-humid, hot place (Florida), I sometimes just have to wash my hair more often. Humidity is one thing, but straight-up sweat-soaked roots are another.

rigato
May 14th, 2014, 06:43 AM
I just wash it whenever I feel the need.

florenonite
May 14th, 2014, 06:48 AM
:shrug: I just wash my hair when it needs it year-round. We don't have severe temperature differences between summer and winter here, though, and it's invariably damp, which affects my hair way more than temperature.

LongHairLesbian
May 14th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Southern Ontario is ridiculously humid in the spring and summer time, everyone has a sheen of sweat on them if they are outside for more than 5 minutes. To combat this, I just wear my hair in a bun more often, so I don't make myself more uncomfortable from having a braid near my face, neck and hands. Dry shampoo/baby powder are my best friends during these months. In fact, I put powder all over my body, I even put it in my bra. It's not just the hair that needs to stay non-greasy! :lol:

ravenreed
May 14th, 2014, 07:42 PM
I wash every day during the worst of the heat.

AmyBeth
May 14th, 2014, 10:24 PM
I put it up and revel in the fact that my hair is being protected even more by the extra oils in it. I have no shame!:p

Larki
May 14th, 2014, 10:38 PM
My hair actually tends to get drier in the summer - I guess it's the sun/heat. I just go heavier on the leave-in conditioner.

Natalia
May 14th, 2014, 10:44 PM
Thne weather is usally pretty mild here so its not often an issue. I usually end up needing to wash the pollen out before the greasies. I am just switching to poo bars so who knows how this summer will go

Flor
May 14th, 2014, 11:59 PM
I wash it ;)