PDA

View Full Version : Figuring out a good deep treatment to do together with BF

LadyCelestina
May 13th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Hello!:p
Long story short my bf told me a while ago that he would like to try doing a deep treatment on his hair.
He is almost clueless when it comes to hair care and asked me a lot about it,so I'm now a bit of a teacher :D We agreed on doing a hair treatment together when we see each other again,which will be in around two weeks time.

Since I know he is really is attached to his hair,I would be really sad if he was unhappy with the result.Then again,with the almost-benign-neglect routine he has,I think the right dt would really show on his hair and satisfy him.

A bit of info about his hair:
He has fine/medium,loose curls,probably gets weighed down easily (but I'm not sure). He had issues with ends sticking together after using conditioner.Didn't use any conditioner until recently (he bought it himself,so no I didn't force him to).He knows I use honey,eggs,coconut oil,various rinses and lots of conditioner so he probably expects to do a DT containing these things.
He has scalp issues (psoriasis and possibly SD) I don't want to aggravate.

I thought about just doing a simple oiling and scalp massage with coconut oil.Would this be okay to use on his scalp?Is there a way to avoid crunchy ends some report (note the above that he had sticky ends from conditioner) ? Any other suggestions?

Thank you all in advance and please excuse my english :flower:

Nadine <3
May 13th, 2014, 10:51 AM
My boyfriend has psoriasis on his scalp too, and we do weekly treatments together. All I do is put a very generous amount of olive of coconut oil into some conditioner (usually just suave) and I spend time massaging his scalp with it. Then I wrap it, and do mine. Then we sit down and watch a movie or a show we like together. before we get in the shower I use a fine tooth comb to scritch his scalp to really get the scaling up. It keeps his head flake free for most of the week. Then we shower together. :blossom:

Have fun!

LadyCelestina
May 21st, 2014, 10:26 AM
Thank you Nadine ! It looks like scalp oiling might even work well for his issues... I just wanted to be sure.I know mixing the oil with conditioner will make it easier to rinse,but he knows I didn't have good results with conditioner on scalp,so that will make him suspicious xD We'll just use less.

Leeloo
May 21st, 2014, 11:26 AM
Some report increased shedding when using oils on scalp, it is totally normal and ok just thought you might want to warn him in advance.:)

LadyCelestina
May 21st, 2014, 12:08 PM
Is it in such amount that the shedding is visible -in other words,loss of thickness? Or just more hair in the shower? I doubt he really notices the latter,but he is balding slightly.