PDA

View Full Version : Favourite kind of hairtoy?

Periwinkle
September 16th, 2008, 12:28 PM
What's your favourite kind of hairtoy?

Apologies to the mods if there is already a topic like this - I'm the first to admit that I'm hopeless when it comes to the search feature.

For me, it's elastics: ponytails, braids and buns all in one!

Nightshade
September 16th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Going to have to go with sticks on this one, though Ficcares and forks are a close second.

AJoifulNoise
September 16th, 2008, 12:54 PM
For me it was a draw between tiny claw clips and sticks. I chose sticks because they are, in my eyes, more unique. And I can do more with them.

kunibob
September 16th, 2008, 12:59 PM
I love sticks because they always seemed to exotic and magical to me -- how on earth did people keep their entire hair up with just one little stick? Now the mystery is gone, but the "magic" is still there. :)

Suitsuki
September 16th, 2008, 01:06 PM
I used Ficcares for more than a year (a maximas and ficcarissimos), and only recently started using forks and sticks. I really underestimated them! If I put a stick the right way it holds better than any ficcare I have, without pulling my scalp.

I voted sticks, they're cuter than forks and easier to find around in shops. :D

Medvssa
September 16th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Definitely hairsticks, they are the most versatile.

Samikha
September 16th, 2008, 02:34 PM
I still think that learning how to use hairsticks is a mark of sophistication. It's like I'm a member of this special club...which I am, in fact:D So hairsticks it is!

Stacy_E
September 16th, 2008, 02:37 PM
It was tough, but I voted elastics. Versatile (pony, braid(s)) and secure. Not pretty, but practical, especially for when you're physically active. Some can do buns with these, but I have not got the hang of that, without tangling the elastic in my hair.

Pins were a close second--those Good Hair Days pins work great for securing a bun when I workout.

But I admit, when I want to be decorative, forks, slides, ficcares, and sticks are special.

BlueMeezer
September 16th, 2008, 02:39 PM
My favorites are forks and Flexi 8's.

SweetPea88
September 16th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Hmm...deciding between forks and sticks was pretty hard, but in the end sticks have it for me. They offer so much versatility and can make a bad hair day turn into magic! :magic: Though I still love forks as well!

Silver & Gold
September 16th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Sticks, I love the simple elegance of a single stick and all the different designs and materials that can be used.

bunnii
September 16th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I chose none because I like my haiar down and because it hurts to have it up at the moment. but I do like hairstick and elastics :D oh and some clips

Reptilia
September 16th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Pins. I have bangs I'm growing out, and I like pinning them to the side. I also like doing half updo's with just pins.

I've never liked sticks, my hair is too fine and slippery. Even jaw style clips just slide right out!

CountessDeJager
September 16th, 2008, 03:23 PM
The kinds in bright colors and lots of sparkles! :p (Because then they at least look pretty when I've bought them and never get around to using them.)

freznow
September 16th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Going to have to go with sticks on this one, though Ficcares and forks are a close second.

Ditto :cheese:

Shanarana
September 16th, 2008, 03:51 PM
I voted cheese :cheese: I just love them all..... :cheese:

Islandgrrl
September 16th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Forks for me. Ficcares are a close second and sticks come in third.

xrosiex
September 16th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I have to say sticks are great. But I also really like my flexi 8's.

Gumball
September 16th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Ah I couldn't pick just one. If only there were choice boxes instead! I like a lot of hairtoys and it really depends on the mood. Claw clip is a fan favorite just because it's replaced an elastic at securing the end of my braid. I use sticks if I decide against braiding and securing with a claw clip. Sticks win when most buns are concerned for me! Every once in a while I just need some pins to hold something up. The more rare elastic can come into play sometimes, too.

may1em
September 16th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I chose ficarre because my individual favorite hairtoy is the ficarre my DBF bought me for my birthday. I also like how it can hold my bun without providing antenna to get stuck on things.

I do really like my sticks, though (I have quite the collection now - only 4 plastic sticks remain but I have several wooden ones now and some metal ones I made out of double pointed needles with beads glued to one end).

CurlyNinja
September 16th, 2008, 05:23 PM
I have to go with sticks, although forks rank in right behind those.

yogachic
September 16th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Elastics, but sticks are quickly becoming a favorite.

Akiko
September 16th, 2008, 06:52 PM
I like hair sticks, especially Kanzashi. They are so pretty.

Buddaphlyy
September 16th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Claw clips. My hair is too short for me to try anything else.

twilight_faerie
September 16th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Hmm, what category would Flexi-8's fall under?...

mooglewoo
September 16th, 2008, 07:42 PM
I choose sticks, but I would have also gone with Flexi-8's. Elastics are close too though cause I have to have those for braids....

Shelacious
September 16th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Flexi-8s for sure. I really like sticks, but they don't always stay (I'm inept).

LisaButz2001
September 16th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Chose cheese since scrunchies were not up there.

sahiba
September 17th, 2008, 12:11 AM
I am fond of all my hair toys but my scrunchi and stick are my favourites.

ChatoyantLocks
September 17th, 2008, 02:34 AM
I chose sticks for their versatility, with forks a very, very close second.

Sceleste
September 17th, 2008, 02:57 AM
For me it's elastics, claw clips and sticks, in this order.

shrimp
September 17th, 2008, 03:26 AM
I voted sticks, but forks come a very close second!

saracuda
September 17th, 2008, 12:57 PM
I voted fork. I love my forks! I guess elastics are a close second, though, followed by the small barrettes I hold up the sides with.

ClareDee
September 17th, 2008, 02:01 PM
My favourite isn't in the poll... such is the extent of its shunning and excommunication from the world of long-hairs :(

French-style barrettes!

Perfect for my length, accessible, affordable, available in a huge range of designs, and even easy to make for myself! I just ordered a small batch of blank wooden ones that I'm going to have great fun painting. Can't wait!
Anything I can paint silly pictures on gets a :thumbsup: from me.

lora410
September 17th, 2008, 02:09 PM
I voted ficcare because I seem to be using them alot lately, but my sticks come in at a close second.

cindy58
September 17th, 2008, 02:15 PM
I'd be lost without at least one stick, but I also have a giant collection of barrettes. They are a fun thing to use and collect.

Still, a hair stick is usually the first thing I reach for in the morning after my eye glasses. Gets the hair up and out of the way to face the morning.

LadyMoon11
September 17th, 2008, 08:33 PM
I voted sticks. Aesthetically, sticks are my favorite.
Forks, however, are my stand-by. I USE forks more often on a day to day basis, so efficiency-wise, my favorite would be forks.

paper
September 18th, 2008, 04:23 AM
I voted for jaw style clip. My hair is only SL so not alot I can do with it. I also like wearing headbands and flexi-8's.

Duchess of Erat
September 18th, 2008, 05:12 AM
I picked forks, because the ones I use most are a pair of 10cm metal forks from Claire's with a little flower at the top, as they work best in a cinnabun. For figure-8/infinity buns and wrapbuns I use a hairstick usually (sometimes 2 or a (bigger) fork).

Finoriel
September 18th, 2008, 05:18 AM
Deciding between sticks and forks was very hard. I picked sticks because they are a tiny tiny bit more versatile, but actually I like them both. Equally.

carolineb
September 18th, 2008, 05:44 AM
i have been wearing sticks for about five years now, and i love them, they are so comfortable... they are number one. i guess elastics come second (for my braids)

Molster
September 18th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Sticks! Sticks! Sticks!

They are beautiful, functional, can be unique works of art, and I find them so versatile.

Forks would have to come a close second, although not quite as versatile as a good old stick!

akka naeda
September 18th, 2008, 06:44 AM
I chose elastics because I wear one virtually every day to keep my hair plaited.
Sticks would come second,
Forks, Ficcares, Flexi-8s - they're all 3rd

Unlike a lot of you who live in towns having my hair up in a unplaited bun is not secure enough for everyday for me, so it's kept for occasions when I know I'm not going to be running after something:)

mararie
May 3rd, 2014, 07:12 PM
Just regular hair elastics without any metal parts work best for me. Preferably in my own hair color!

Johannah
May 4th, 2014, 04:12 AM
Sticks for the win!

DollyDagger
September 9th, 2015, 10:31 PM
My flexis are most comfy so far..second is just a plain old clip..hair fork and stick I've only just gotten my hands on and I need to work on my technique:) so theyre unclassified for now.

restless
September 10th, 2015, 03:12 AM
It was a tough choice between sticks and forks because I love them both, but in the end sticks won because this:

I love sticks because they always seemed to exotic and magical to me -- how on earth did people keep their entire hair up with just one little stick? Now the mystery is gone, but the "magic" is still there. :)

kunibob describes it perfectly :)

Savvyhorsez
September 10th, 2015, 03:57 AM
I had to pick hair sticks, they are the easiest, and no doubt the fastest way to put up your hair. :)

parkmikii
September 10th, 2015, 07:51 AM
Definitely hair sticks, forks give me some troubles :/

Groovy Granny
September 10th, 2015, 10:28 AM
#1 - forks...specifically carved antler forks from 'antleradornments' on Etsy; they have a super hold!

#2 claw clips

#3 beak/ficcare clips

#4 sticks

Christine_O
September 10th, 2015, 12:19 PM
I had to pick cheese this time around. Still just barely ponytail length, so I'm wearing my hair down these days.:cheese:

Caraid♫
September 10th, 2015, 02:03 PM
Forks all the way for me!!
I'm surprised that sticks are such a favourite! (I just thought sticks and forks would be closer!)
Sticks are beautiful and I love mine of course, but forks always worked better for me :D

Belle Paix
September 15th, 2015, 12:01 PM
I love my Ficcare's!! But I know as my hair gets longer I'll love being able to use my hair forks and such again too!

Robi-Bird
September 15th, 2015, 12:57 PM
I chose forks only because they hold my hair better than sticks but I love my sticks.

missblueeyes
September 15th, 2015, 12:58 PM
There's no option for flexis but those are my favourites. :)

AutobotsAttack
September 20th, 2015, 11:57 PM
As my hair gets longer I'll definitely switch to sticks and forks :rockerdud:

Red.
September 21st, 2015, 12:36 AM
I'm with the majority on this, sticks! It's really all I wear. This is reminding me to put my forks to better use.

Margrit
September 23rd, 2018, 07:24 AM
I prefer sticks.

Doreen
September 27th, 2018, 02:39 AM
I chose sticks because they work better for me, but I prefer the look of forks.

Crystawni
September 27th, 2018, 04:19 AM
I have to pick a favourite? But, but, but... :no: My tresses would have a hairsplosion if it had to choose. :silly: It's moody, and has needs and wants that straddle the hairtoyosphere, from all to none. Even cheese has its place (protein and calciumnumnum for growth and strength, and stinkiness to keep the ferals away). :cheese: So, I haz a confuddlement and just. can't. choose. That could also be why I have a rather large stash of hair accessories to play with, too... Maybe... :wannabe:

Henrietta
September 27th, 2018, 11:22 AM
There's no option for flexis but those are my favourites. :)

Same! And they don't really fit into any of the categories, I think.

xoAshley
September 27th, 2018, 01:00 PM
I love my ficcares!

lapushka
September 27th, 2018, 04:23 PM
LOL, this poll is so old that I still voted jaw clip because that was what I was wearing at the time. These days a 2-prong fork, especially an aluminum or titanium one, is my favorite to use.

Alex Lou
September 27th, 2018, 04:55 PM
Spin pins all day, every day.

daisy rei
September 27th, 2018, 10:28 PM
Sticks! I still can't believe that a tiny little five inch stick can hold all of my hair up way easier and for way longer than an elastic ever could. So much knowledge obtained from LHC. :agree:

Yoiko
October 7th, 2018, 05:21 AM
Ficcare and Senza Limiti <3

blesseddamozel
October 7th, 2018, 11:00 PM
I mainly use hair sticks but I'm dying to try out a ficcare :)

MusicalSpoons
October 8th, 2018, 07:29 AM
Forks - some posters have said about the magic of sticks, that one tiny thing can hold up all the hair, and I agree with that. Just I find forks allow me to do slightly looser buns and are just super comfortable :cloud9: oh! And they show off the material (usually wood, for me) better :D

Maple
October 14th, 2018, 06:54 AM
I voted for forks. Holds my hair up better than sticks. I also like the look of ficcares pretty much, but they often give me scalp pain because of their weight :(

GoatLady
December 26th, 2022, 09:24 AM
I think sticks are my favorite... but I love them ALL!