PDA

View Full Version : Ficcares on sale in Norwegian shop

CastaDiva
May 12th, 2014, 06:07 AM
Just wanted to let my fellow Norwegian members know that a shop called myjouels.no now has a mid season sale. They offer a 30% discount on a variety of items. They have a selection of four different colours of Ficcares in S, M and L and they are now on sale. I discovered this shop last week when I was browsing for Ficcares. :)

Nini
May 12th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Auch, I couldn't resist the price...

CastaDiva
May 12th, 2014, 06:54 AM
Me neither. I bought a Honey Marble Ivory and a Silky Opal, both in L.

Sherri
May 12th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Would it be cost effective for me to get someone to buy from this site and send it to me in US or just for me to buy from here in US

eadwine
May 12th, 2014, 10:33 AM
No paypal.. *sigh*

CastaDiva
May 12th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Sherri, the small Ficcares cost NOK 244 which is about $40, the medium NOK 265, about $44 and the large NOK 279 about $46.5. On Ficcare.com a small one is priced at $50, a medium at $52 and a large costs $54. You would save between about $7.5-10 on one Ficcare. Then there is the shipping costs. So you would probably not save much or anything at all from having someone buying from this site and ship to you in the US.

CastaDiva
May 12th, 2014, 10:48 AM
eadwine, this shop offers PayPal and free shipping http://www.justhairclips.dk/?_store_switcher_=switch and the prices are about the same as the sales items in the Norwegian shop.

eadwine
May 12th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Shipping to the USA is rather pricey.. at least from here it is. It starts with 18 euros for a box, no insurance nothing on that.

CastaDiva
May 12th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Shipping is pricey here in Norway too. I have never shipped other than domestically but if those prices reflect the international shipping costs then it would probably be very pricey to ship to the US from Norway...

Hargalaten
May 12th, 2014, 02:21 PM
eadwine, this shop offers PayPal and free shipping http://www.justhairclips.dk/?_store_switcher_=switch and the prices are about the same as the sales items in the Norwegian shop.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw the pics of the Primaveras listed there! But they are out lol
They do still have some medium innovations and pearlized left. Thanks for this!

Nini
May 13th, 2014, 12:41 AM
You can easily send a Ficcare in a padded envelope, and if you don't add insurance it doesn't really cost that much, all things considered.

CastaDiva
May 13th, 2014, 02:40 AM
My heart skipped a beat when I saw the pics of the Primaveras listed there! But they are out lol
They do still have some medium innovations and pearlized left. Thanks for this!

I'm sorry...Hopefully they will restock their sold out items.

You can easily send a Ficcare in a padded envelope, and if you don't add insurance it doesn't really cost that much, all things considered.

Thanks for the info. I thought shipping from Norway was relatively expensive.

KittyBird
May 13th, 2014, 04:25 AM
I've sent a few ficcares to the UK and USA recently, and it cost around 65 NOK to UK and 79 NOK to USA. That price includes the padded envelope. With tracking and insurance, it would be terribly expensive.

eadwine
May 13th, 2014, 04:41 AM
You really want to send something as expensive as a Ficcare in a padded envelope??

What happens if it breaks en route? Tough luck? :/

magda
May 13th, 2014, 05:25 AM
I hope it is ok that I spreaded this information in our German Forum too ;)

CastaDiva
May 13th, 2014, 06:03 AM
I'm pretty sure it's ok to spread the word :)

magda
May 13th, 2014, 06:34 AM
I'm pretty sure it's ok to spread the word :)

I will spread it in Belgian/Dutch forum as well :)

KittyBird
May 13th, 2014, 08:03 AM
You really want to send something as expensive as a Ficcare in a padded envelope??

Well, the ones I sent were wrapped in quite a bit of bubblewrap too, seems pretty safe to me. Many of the hair toys I've bought arrived in padded envelopes, nothing broken so far. I don't think I would have been able to sell anything if I shipped the items in boxes, because that's quite expensive.

CastaDiva
May 13th, 2014, 08:31 AM
I have sent an email to justhairclips and asked them if they will restock the sold out Ficcares. If/when I get a reply I will let you know what they said.

Nini
May 13th, 2014, 03:07 PM

I have sent and I have received most of my second hand hairtoys in padded envelopes with no insurance. Of course it's a small risk, but as I've done this for so many years without problems I figure I can afford it if somethings should happen once. In addition to the envelope itself they're wrapped in either bubblewrap or newspapers.

There was a pair of LittleSeven spirals (earrings) that disappeared a few years back, but he was nice enough to replace them for me at no extra cost.

eadwine
May 13th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Well.. that was from a store ;) The risk is the store's then after all :)

But yeah.. with proper padding things should be ok.. I just don't know if I'd dare for something that cost THAT much :)

Nini
May 16th, 2014, 12:45 AM
My Max arrived yesterday, so that was fast shipping. And it came with a handwritten note, so that was a nice touch:)

I'm not quite sure about the Max itself though. I thought the color was a bit dull, and it's got quite a bit of green to it. I'll keep it around for a while and see if it grows on me, if not I'll put it up on the Swap board.