PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else just get perpetually irritated with thier hair in the summer?

Nadine <3
May 11th, 2014, 09:26 PM
It's heading into that time of year where it's HOT outside. I ALWAYS chopped my hair to at least shoulder. Usually shorter, with layers. This year, I'm trying really hard not to cut, but already I'm so hooot. I run hotter than most people and I'm really heat sensitive. We do not have AC, so in the summer I end up laying on the kitchen floor on the cool tiles. I have no patients for hair touching me, at all...I plan on getting some aloe gel and trying out a bit in a mister so I can spritz my head and body with it to help stay cool, but any other tips and super easy fast ways of getting my hair off my neck without damage?

elsieivy
May 11th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Gibson tucks are a pretty good way to get hair off your neck and back. Buns are good too if your hair is long enough. I actually think longer hair is cooler than shoulder length since it can be put up.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 11th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Just put it up and forget about it, a peacock twist, French or Dutch braid....

Natalia
May 11th, 2014, 09:33 PM
My hair has been BSL or longer since i was d s its very easy to get up and out of the way. I dont have thick or dense hair though so wearing it up is enough for me. Also no AC but im not in an area that regularly hits 80F. This year my challenge is bangs as they tend to wilt int he heat. Good luck!

neko_kawaii
May 11th, 2014, 09:43 PM
At APL can you do a disc bun?

You could probably do Fridah Khalo braids where you braid a scarf into twin braids and then use the scarf to wrap the braids up and keep wrapping the scarf around and tie it at nape.

I hate having hair on my neck in the heat, and having it long is so much easier to get off than short.

jacqueline101
May 11th, 2014, 10:04 PM
I just bun mine and forget it. The forget it is the main part. I oil my scalp bun and forget it. When I did this it grew and was happier.

Nadine <3
May 11th, 2014, 10:14 PM
Yeah, today was 80 degrees with 90 percent humidity. My hair, even though it was stuck up in a top knot ended up floating all over the place. I have about a million baby hairs and they're all different lengths. They stick out everywhere and make me look like I got electrocuted. My hair likes to wiggle it's way out of anything and everything...once I have 3rd day hair it stays where I put it all day with no fly aways and craziness, but day one and two after a wash I cannot get it to stay in anything, not even a french braid will stay. Hopefully adding Aleo will help give it some hold... otherwise a stick or a fork is like a missile just waiting to take someones eye out.

The best thing I've found so far is a sock bun right on the top of my head with my bangs pinned up and out of the way, but I'm not sure how protective that is, since it needs a hair tie...I'm sure that's why they stay so well tho.

Larki
May 11th, 2014, 10:45 PM
Nope. And I live in California, it gets really hot. I just throw it up in a bun or ponytail usually, but having it down doesn't usually bother me either.

MadeiraD
May 11th, 2014, 10:51 PM
I find that wetting my hair with cold water keeps me wonderfully cool in summer

bubbalouey
May 11th, 2014, 11:09 PM
hahahah I live in Queensland Australia, and it gets stinking hot here in summer. The middle of summer is probably the only time I truly hate my tailbone length hair hahahaha.