PDA

View Full Version : Scalp feeling tender and sore

Neon Gloss
March 19th, 2008, 05:02 PM
So, I came back home and put my hair down a few hours ago. I know that my scalp is feeling this way because I've had my hair up for 10 hours (I didn't have it pulled back -tightly-), but is there anything I can do for it aside from just letting it be? =)

embee
March 19th, 2008, 05:05 PM
I've never found anything other than washing. Some folks say a massage would help. I hate that sore scalp thing, it's really nasty. If my hair is in a high updo that's what I get afterward. :(

Hope it dies away soon!

Caldonia Sun
March 19th, 2008, 05:11 PM
It might help to soak in a tub (head and all) and gently massage under water. That feels so good to me!

spidermom
March 19th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Glass of wine, shot of tequila, Percocet, Advil - take your choice. O.k., o.k. so I'm substance dependent. Sue me! haha I've never found a scalp massage to be particularly helpful in this instance, unless somebody else does it and adds in a neck massage and shoulder massage also. But a glass of wine and a good night's sleep, that's the ticket.

*Wednesday*
September 3rd, 2017, 10:11 AM
I've had this issue at times too. Recently with a new hair stick which is a little heavy. I take it out and am relieved. Makes me worried it will injure my scalp. It is so pretty and I don't want to wear it anymore.

Ophidian
September 3rd, 2017, 11:07 AM
I'm tenderheaded too and getting it wet is usually what fixes it for me. If I catch it early enough just letting my hair down and a light massage can be enough, but past a certain point that doesn't work. If I don't want to do a full wash I've found that spritzing my scalp with water from a little spray bottle or something like that and rubbing it in lightly usually works just as well. Not sure why this helps but I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation :)

Jo Ann
September 3rd, 2017, 12:35 PM
I've found placement is everything when one is wearing their hair up. My "sweet spot" is when my bun is centered about the top of my ears. Some have their buns centered higher, some have it lower.

Sometimes brushing out my hair helps ease the ache somewhat, or tossing my hair over the back of the couch after I let it down on that rare occasion when I wear a ponytail; I will admit, though, I do like Spidermom's approach :p

daywalker
September 3rd, 2017, 02:13 PM
I have this problem a lot. A tylenol and a short scalp massage helps but only time and leaving it down makes it go away completely.

Obsidian
September 3rd, 2017, 03:13 PM
I get this when first starting a new type updo. I've found heat helps a lot, either a hot water shower or a heat pack directly to the head if I don't want to get wet. I have some of those rice bags you microwave, just plop one of those on top of my head.
I use the same thing when I get a tension headache.

Aredhel
September 3rd, 2017, 03:23 PM
Sometimes I get this when a few strands of hair gets pulled tigher than the rest in an updo... I often don't even realise until an hour or two into wearing it. I just have to keep re-bunning my hair until it feels comfortable. :)