PDA

View Full Version : Lush Karma Komba- holy wow does it strip color!!

Blue Mermaid
May 10th, 2014, 01:16 AM
So as some of you may know, I am a blue-nette wanting to go henna red, unfortunately my hair color is very stubborn and not budging. I did oil soaks, which faded it slightly, clarifying treatments which were super effective at first, then suddenly, no more color was washing out no matter what I did. I picked up the Karma Komba shampoo bar at lush simply because I LOVED The fragrance! Lathered it up, and whoa, blue suds EVERYWHERE. When I rinsed there was dark blue water just pouring out of my head, almost as much as when I washed it for the very first time. shudder: I thought it must be a fluke, so I washed my hair again a few days later with it, and again, bright blue suds when lathering and a lot of color wash out in the tub. A co-worker even commented, "Whoa, your hairs turning white!!" (she had no idea I was trying to fade the blue out). Guess it'll be my most used shampoo until all this blue is gone, or at least until I stop getting color wash out.

Looks like I might be able to henna before all this color gets grown/cut off after all!!! The smell is lovely..I wouldn't recommend this if you like your hair color, however...I do like how light it makes my hair feel, like it's floating! Also, smell is a LOT less strong second usage, seems to have lost some potency. That makes me sad, I really like this scent!! If anyone knows of a hair shampoo/conditioner/leave in product that smells comparable, PLEASE let me know!!!

Loviatar
May 10th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Lush do (or did) Karma perfume for a while. You may be able to find it on ebay? Or do what I do, use the Kk bar as body soap (I love Jungle but it doesn't love my hair so I use it as a body oil bar.

Blue Mermaid
May 10th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Yeah I dont think my scalp likes it that much. Flakes everywhere! :o It's doing such a lovely job of taking out this blue hair dye though...Guess I'll use it only once a week. I really wish I could have a hair product that smells the same that I could put in my hair and the smell would stay.

Ruzovy
May 11th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Well of course it does I'd be surprised if it DIDN'T remove hair dye lol. It's a lush shampoo bar, those things could probably strip paint off the walls if you let them. They have a ridiculous amount of SLS in them. I understand you're trying to get rid of the colour, but keep in mind that this will also dry out your hair a lot so keep it nice and happy with some coconut oil and try to stretch your washes! And once you're done getting all the dye out I'd recommend demoting the shampoo bar to a body-bar instead since you like the smell so much :)

VanillaTresses
May 11th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Ha, yes that is why I use Seanik as a heavy duty clarifying shampoo! It gets rid of the hard water build up on me, and that is almost impossible to get rid of, even with really strong acid rinses!!

Blue Mermaid
May 11th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Yes I was getting some build up, my hair is so soft, and my curl pattern came back! But Ruzovy is right all of a sudden I have splits. :confused: It's been 2 months since my last dusting, and I'm usually in the trimming every other month club or my hair has a fit. Not sure if its the high sulfates, I've only used the Karma Komba twice and had a ton of product build up, and followed with lots of oil and conditioner after. To dust or not to dust? I have a great hair dresser who will take only the tiniest amount off.. I was going to try going 6 months without a single trim, but my ends have been bleached 3 times, so do you ladies think It's better to take care of them now when they're just starting or just go 6 months and ignore?

bunnylake
May 11th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Ooo I love Lush hair products. I know they arent entirely kosher by LHC standards but they work wonders on my oily easily-weighed-down hair. They certainly smell amazing so I second the suggestion to use as body/hand soap if they don't work for your hair on a regular basis. :)

Loviatar
May 12th, 2014, 12:40 AM
I use Seanik and Big shampoo for clarifying, Vanillatresses! Seanik is such a good one. I have hard water too.

The neat thing about some lush scents is the 'forum special' perfumes. Sometimes they pop up on ebay. I'm hoping for Rose Jam at some point.

I was also SO pleased to discover that Prada Infusion d'Iris perfume smells like Big shampoo!