PDA

View Full Version : I FINALLY have halfway decent hair!

ebba
May 7th, 2014, 01:21 AM
So my story starts after a horrific haircut Feb 2013

I went to my local Aveda salon and got a teacher (not a student ugh) and actually paid $50 for this monster.... I don't know what they were smoking because dear god lol

:(
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y327/Sunbeeemz/8b0e8f7b-8815-4174-9ef6-462bbffede06.jpg

After that I went and tried to get it fixed and they snipped off the wannabe rat tails lol but it still looked like poop and was sooooo uneven. I refused to have it professionally cut and it slowly sat in a claw clip and grew super slowly. I didn't really look after my health and at the time i had some nutrition problems so my hair barely grew at all. It was a nightmare but it has finally started to grow normally again

yikes.. so bad and mullety. All the thickness is up at the very top in layers so it looks sooooooo stringy and gross. Needless to say I /never/ wore my hair down
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y327/Sunbeeemz/maximumcringe.jpg

I have had a stubbornly slow regrowth progress. I micro-trimmed the bottom layers to try and remove the mullet but i finally bit the bullet and I just got a much needed trim and the back is finally mostly even-ish. I took the picture to show my sisters my sunburn(a rarity in canada this time of year) and figured it doubled as a decent length picture, hence the weird oversize dress thing.

http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y327/Sunbeeemz/HairMay1st2014.png

This picture was taken on 3d day hair which is quite "flippy" so I guess its at the "can i call this shoulder length" haha

Also here is a slightly older picture of my hair right after a wash, before it flattens after sleeping on it haha
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y327/Sunbeeemz/IMG_4926_2.jpg

Anyway, I know its not much but I am just glad all my obsessing has finally given me a bit of a payoff.

Has anyone else had a nightmare haircut similar to this? I would love to hear stories so I don't feel like im the only idiot here lol

MungoMania
May 7th, 2014, 01:34 AM
I've always hated mullets. Don't know why anybody gets one cuz the longish ends always end up looking thin and awful.Your story has a happy ending anyway. Viviscal will help your hair to grow longer faster. Before you know it, you'll be feeling like your old self.

robijntje
May 7th, 2014, 01:35 AM
it looks so much better now! you must be thrilled. i always get bad haircuts.. so i dont go to hairsalons anymore :)

ebba
May 7th, 2014, 01:40 AM
I've always hated mullets. Don't know why anybody gets one cuz the longish ends always end up looking thin and awful.Your story has a happy ending anyway. Viviscal will help your hair to grow longer faster. Before you know it, you'll be feeling like your old self.

Thank you! And yes, I got a similar local hair supplement, Hair Force by Prairie Naturals but when i'm done them I will look into Viciscal :)

it looks so much better now! you must be thrilled. i always get bad haircuts.. so i dont go to hairsalons anymore :)

Thanks, I definatly am thrilled! & haha yeah, I am so wary of them now :/

ErinLeigh
May 7th, 2014, 02:10 AM
Your hair looks really nice now. ugh I hate bad haircuts. Seeing yours makes me so mad for you. I cannot believe some of the stupid things that happen in salons. I have been butchered myself and it is not a good feeling. I am so glad you are back on the other side and things have taken a beautiful shape. YEA! :)
Good luck on the rest of your growing out process.

This happened to me a few years ago. I was livid. I fixed mine right away since it was too short to put up. Who in the world looks at these cuts and declared them "finished!"
Here is mine so you don't feel so alone lol
http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af244/coconutcraze/389e4984-b8b3-4282-bee7-217a077d0f47_zps0785ae4c.jpg (http://s1012.photobucket.com/user/coconutcraze/media/389e4984-b8b3-4282-bee7-217a077d0f47_zps0785ae4c.jpg.html)

jacqueline101
May 7th, 2014, 02:12 AM
Your hair does look good now. I'm glad you made it out of the mullet stage.

Federica
May 7th, 2014, 03:14 AM
First I'm gonna say that your hair IS emproving, a lot!
It's really frustrating, I know, to get past some bad haircut, I think my lesson is: never allow anyone with scissors to get close to your hair - ever.
I've been trough this, I had this horrid layered haircut 5 years ago that brought me from past classic lenght with blunt hem to a layered wannabe rat-tailed BSL. I'm growing it back and it sucks, everytime you get rid of a layer there are many more to grow out.
For the future I warmly recommand you to trim your own hair, or make a trusted one (your mother/husband/dear friend) do it for you.
The majority of hair stylists just want to extreme makeover you, even if you don't want to.
Happy growing!

longhairedlady
May 7th, 2014, 03:45 AM
I have had a bad haircut and yes it was borderline mullet. My sister did the cut, and she is a licensed cosmetologist! I swear to this day I think she did it on purpose.

Its the entire reason I cut my own hair now. Never again will anyone touch my hair.

Your hair now is looking much better! I love your curls so much!

Rosa Harris
May 7th, 2014, 03:45 AM
It's looking really cute now!

I went in for a pink grown out mowhawk about 15 years ago and ended up with a pink Jimmy Carter or Elvis instead.

restless
May 7th, 2014, 04:12 AM
I dont have any pictures of old nightmare hairstyles of my own to share (if there are no evidence they didnt exist, right? :p). However I just wanted to jump in and say I rememer when you showed pictures of that haircut a long time ago when it had just been done and Im glad to read that things are starting to get better for you. It looks very pretty now and those wurls are lovely :D

eva888
May 7th, 2014, 05:22 AM
Woohoo! Your hair looks great now! :disco:

What a horrible hair cut :( Curse that hairdresser!

momschicklets
May 7th, 2014, 05:42 AM
Good grief that first picture! shudder: Did that stylist have her eyes closed??? Anyway, what an incredible transformation! I was slowly scrolling down thinking, "boy I hope this gets better" and it's beautiful! Awesome, spunky curls and so healthy looking! Looks to me you have the worst part behind you. It looks really lovely now.

georgia_peach
May 7th, 2014, 05:51 AM
Ebba, your hair looks so nice now. Congratulations! And that first picture...there simply are no words. :disgust: So sorry you had to go through that.

It's looking really cute now!

I went in for a pink grown out mowhawk about 15 years ago and ended up with a pink Jimmy Carter or Elvis instead. Rosa Harris, your posts always make me smile. But this one is the best. I would love to have seen some pink Jimmy Carter hair!

Symphony
May 7th, 2014, 05:57 AM
Your hair looks so cute now!! I feel you t bad haircuts... I'm 3b/c, and I tried getting haircuts up to the age of 15, and then I gave up and haven't stepped foot in a salon since. So tired of people butchering my hair, so I take matters into my own hands now.

Arwenlily
May 7th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Your hair looks beautiful but can I just say you're gorgeous!

xoChesleyy
May 7th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Ironically, I have always heard that Aveda does a nice job.. But that hairdresser was just horrible. I'm glad that you made it out of that 'mullet stage'! :p I love your curls and think your hair looks quite wonderful now.

P.S. I think that learning to cut your hair on your own pays off, so you have no more worries about hairdressers butchering your hair. (:

blue_eyes
May 7th, 2014, 01:06 PM
I can relate to your nightmare unfortunately, although it was sort of my own fault. I had tried to go from black dyed hair to blonde a bunch of times. Last August was my last attempt and my hair broke, in chunks. Literally chunks. I'd run my hands through my hair and it would just break off, it was so weak. My hair was waist length when I walked in, and some sections of hair broke as short as 4 inches long, others were 6 inches long, and others were about 8. The longest pieces that survived were still waist length, but it was so obvious that most of my hair had broken because my ends were so thin. The stylist had no choice but to chop it and the longest pieces were cut to APL. They sort of hid the short sections, but the amount of short/broken hair I had was significantly more than the "long" (APL) pieces that it looked awful. It's still a mess because I haven't touched it since...I'm just waiting for all the short hair to get longer and then I'll cut the long pieces to match it. I know how horrific these experiences can be, and it takes so long for your hair to recover. I'm really glad you're starting to feel better! :)

Sharysa
May 7th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Congratulations! Whoever gave you that horrible cut needs to go back to school, dear lord.

Edit: Ugh, I'm so not used to my sister's computer. Your curls are fabulous and envy-worthy!

lapushka
May 7th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Pretty curls in that last picture! I'm sure it will only get better from here on out! Happy growing and congrats on what you've accomplished so far. :)

FallingDarkness
May 7th, 2014, 02:47 PM
I actually winced when I saw that first picture. Ouch. I'm just going to avoid the hair dresser's for a loooooongggggggg while because of that... *ducks down to hide hair from evil monster hair cutting demons*
Your hair has improved soooooo much and it looks gorgeous now. I love love LOVE your curls. :)