PDA

View Full Version : TBL by Christmas/New Year's Eve 2015

mariakatija
May 6th, 2014, 04:52 PM
I don't think we have one of these so I thought I'd make one because these are oh so fun!

I am scheduled to be reach TBL in 19 months! (9.5 inches)

Come join me!!

Sarahlabyrinth
May 6th, 2014, 04:59 PM
I'll be in this thread! I have 8 inches to go!

lapushka
May 6th, 2014, 05:01 PM
Actually, there is already a thread on this here. It's been here for a *long* time as well! ;)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118691&highlight=christmas

mariakatija
May 6th, 2014, 05:02 PM
This is for Christmas 2015, not Christmas 2014!

lapushka
May 6th, 2014, 05:03 PM
This is for Christmas 2015, not Christmas 2014!

Oops, my bad. Sorry. :)

mariakatija
May 6th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Haha no problem! I wish I was in that thread!

Aderyn
May 6th, 2014, 06:32 PM
I think I'll be TBL when curly/wavy by this time. Probably going to be about TBL stretched by the end of this year, though.

LongCurlyTress
August 6th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Oh can I join this thread? Pretty please?? I hope to be at tbl by next summer... but more realistically it will be by Dec. 2015. I measured my hip length hair, at 30 inches and the bottom of the u hemline is about 6 inches from the chair seat when sitting down. So, I am hoping this means 10-12 months from now I will be at tbl, pending any half inch trims to even off my layers. Hoping so, anyways! How nice to be on this thread! :):magic:

Éowyn_GreyEyes
August 6th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Yay I'm so joining! Was going to join the 2014 one but that's not realistic hahaha TBL 2015 December here I come!

I'm currently at an inch or so past WL so solid hip by this December means TBL by next Dec should work perfectly :D so excited!!!!

leilani
August 7th, 2014, 03:09 AM
I think I'll drop out of the xmas14 thread and come play here, as I'm a microtrimming addict and can't help frequent 1/8" trims to keep my ends super fresh...

Sarahlabyrinth
August 7th, 2014, 03:11 AM
Now have about 6.5" to go, so I'll be there!

AmberJewel
August 7th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Looks like I'll be joining you all as well! With 6" to go till tb, I don't think I'll be there this Christmas. But next year looks so doable. Can't wait to get there, but in the mean time it'll be fun hanging out here with you all. Pass the chocolate!

leilani
August 9th, 2014, 08:35 AM
I have about 6 and a half inches.... http://i59.tinypic.com/dnepvc.jpg
next summer maybe!
Looks like this is my group!

bunzfan
August 9th, 2014, 08:37 AM
I think if i don't trim i could make it by the end of the year, that would be a awesome Christmas pressie.

Rushli
October 7th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Oh the joys of being tall. Unless I get several growth spurts, I will miss this by a few months. Based on my average 1/2" growth I can make it to BCL! And if you are really lax on your TBL definition, BCL could count. Haha. I will enjoy following all your progress anyway.

Nebulae
October 8th, 2014, 05:51 AM
I had to give up on the hip by christmas 2014 thread due to my poor ends, but this.. this should be doable! This gives me a whole extra year and a bit of a length challenge. :D I'm quite tempted by TBL, or at least BCL depending on how "functional" it is (I want to wear it down at times). Hopefully I'm not over-estimating my growth (or under-estimating the scissor happy trimmer in me), it would be great to have this goal!

:chocolate: :cookie: & :gobblecheese: to you all! ;)

leilani
October 8th, 2014, 08:23 AM
I wanna wear mine down almost always so past hip is not for sure in my future but let's see!!

Agnes Hannah
October 8th, 2014, 10:59 AM
I'll give this a go, not sure if I can get there but I'll try. I'm currently 29" and TBL is 35" so 6" so its possible with minimal trims. What a lovely Christmas present.

hanne jensen
October 10th, 2014, 02:45 AM
I think if i don't trim i could make it by the end of the year, that would be a awesome Christmas pressie.

I know you can do it, bunzfan. Being a petite lady it is very probable.

alishaxmarie
November 5th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Oh the joys of being tall. Unless I get several growth spurts, I will miss this by a few months. Based on my average 1/2" growth I can make it to BCL! And if you are really lax on your TBL definition, BCL could count. Haha. I will enjoy following all your progress anyway.

Apparently, there are those who consider BCL and TBL to be one and the same so reaching BCL would meet the "requirements" of the thread though it's really up to you if that counts or not.

As I began microtrimming in March 2014, there's no way I'll make it past JTL this year so TBL by the winter holidays of 2015 sounds doable to me! :D
This thread needed to be bumped so that others could join anyways!

alishaxmarie
November 5th, 2014, 05:09 PM

Apparently, there are those who consider BCL and TBL to be one and the same so reaching BCL would meet the "requirements" of the thread though it's really up to you if that counts or not.

As I began microtrimming in March 2014, there's no way I'll make it past JTL this year so TBL by the winter holidays of 2015 sounds doable to me! :D
This thread needed to be bumped so that others could join anyways!

Arete
November 16th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Currently a couple inches shy of BCL. I think TBL by Christmas next year is a reasonable goal.

lapushka
November 16th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Currently a couple inches shy of BCL. I think TBL by Christmas next year is a reasonable goal.

Welcome to the thread, and good luck with that! :D

mariakatija
November 16th, 2014, 05:00 PM
I don't know if I will make it to TBL in time. However, my hair has surprised me and is much longer than I projected it would be now, 3 months after my trim. Also, I consider TBL as a rough halfway point between BCL and Classic. I am quite certain I will make it to BCL but I don't know about TBL. My hair only grows .5 inches a month.

nakima
December 29th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Hi all, I just made my tbl goal for 2014 but just barely and so at the end of this month I will will cutting back abt an inch so I will be joining you for a short while then hopefully on my way to classic in the next year to year an half. So anyway happy growing to you all in the next year and with all the support here at lhc you are bound to make your goal!!! Happy New Year!!!

Salty Sloth
December 29th, 2014, 04:05 PM
I THINK TBL might be attainable for me by next year! At least I'm hoping I will be. I have less than 1ft to go!

wilderwein
December 29th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Oh oh i'm iiin!

AmberJewel
April 16th, 2015, 08:06 PM
Bumping thread!

We're halfway through April now, so who's still in? For me it's just 3 or 4 inches to go, so I think I'll make it.

Dragon Faery
May 26th, 2015, 06:02 AM
Ah-hah!!! At last I have found you!!!

Pardon my enthusiasm; I was sure there had to be a thread for TBL by Christmas 2015 on here somewhere. :) I'm actually hoping to reach TBL by Crow Fair (big powwow in August) or else by Halloween at the latest, but Classic by Christmas would be asking WAYY too much.

So how is everyone? Still on track? I'm at 37.75" and true TBL is 38.5" on me unless my posture changes before I get there. But I'm only keeping 1/4" of my growth each month right now, and it will still LOOK like I'm only at TBL when I'm an inch or two past, so this thread can be my home for a while.

Assuming I don't forget my password again I'll check back in. ;)

WaitingSoLong
May 26th, 2015, 06:16 AM
I will join. I only average about 1/3" a month (for the last two+ years) so I am not sure I will make it, I have 3.5" to go to get there. I used to get a good 1/2" a month and I have never figured out why my growth has slowed so much. I did a major chop twice, back to waist both times, but my growth rate has never changed. At least my hair is healthy and now it is all virgin.

BCL and TBL are NOT the same on me, being 2" apart.

Currently I am 34.5" having gained zero growth this past month :(
Hip is 35
BCL is 36
TBL is 38

It has been my goal for several years now to have virgin TBL hair by my 40th birthday, which is in December.

It is OK if I do not make it. I have had FTL hair and TBL is about all the longer I want to grow, I did not enjoy hair past that really. Once I hit a solid TBL I will likely cut back to hip to get rid of some layers.

Nannanej
May 26th, 2015, 06:19 AM
Hmm, I think I'll join too! I'm brushing BCL right now, but will continue microtrimming, so we'll see :)
To be fair, I'm not completely sure where my tailbone is, so I'm just going for mid-butt..

Magalo
May 26th, 2015, 10:02 AM
TBL is too far for me, so I'll shoot for solid BCL. I'm about 1.5/2" away and my hair is in a slight V, I need to cut the point eventually. :)

Dragon Faery
May 26th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Yay! More joinees! :)

Just for the sake of comparison, since I find measurements interesting, here are mine:

Waist: 31" (I go by skeletal waist on me, between bottom of ribs and top of hipbones, since the narrowest point of my torso is always changing and it USED to be between ribs and hips)
Hip: 33"
BCL: 34.5" (at least, that's where it is when I'm neither too padded nor too skinny...)
TBL: 38.5" (I go by end of the coccyx bone, pretty deep in there and hard to find)
Classic: 42" (it can fluctuate a bit depending on how much padding I have, but that's about the average)
FTL: 45"

(Oh, and I'm approximately 5'6", depending on what my spine is doing)

Dragon Faery
June 16th, 2015, 02:59 PM
Checking in again. I seem to be in a stall, as all my longest hairs have decided it's time to shed. So I'm not losing length, or not much, but every time I get a few hairs past 37.75" they shed out. So ... I may be here longer than I thought. I'm still hoping it's possible to reach it by Christmas, though I would have preferred sooner. It's somewhat maddening to be only 3/4" away.

WaitingSoLong
June 17th, 2015, 07:17 AM
I am STILL at 34.5", still no growth. I just don't know why my hair is not growing.

Dragon Faery
June 17th, 2015, 04:30 PM
I am STILL at 34.5", still no growth. I just don't know why my hair is not growing.

It's frustrating, isn't it?

Mullsha
June 17th, 2015, 05:52 PM
I'll join this one! I'm hoping to cut out the dye at my ends by then getting closer to natural and hopefully it wont subtract from my tailbone length goal.

Mullsha
June 17th, 2015, 05:54 PM

Hang in there you hair looks really healthy so it might be you are watching it to closely?

LongCurlyTress
June 17th, 2015, 06:11 PM
Hi Everyone on this thread! I am now at almost 34 inches hopefully by July 1st and TBL is 37 inches and classic is 41 inches on me so in 6 more months I hope to be at TBL by Xmas 2015 with all of you! I am only 5'2" so this is a time when being a shorty is wonderful!! :cheer:

Saige
June 18th, 2015, 03:43 AM
I'd like to join too! I'm around 6cm away from TBL at the moment. I'm going to try to stop trimming for a while and see what happens. It would be great to be at TBL for Christmas!

morrigan*
June 18th, 2015, 03:50 AM
I'm in, i'm just brushing hip, and will see if i can reach TBL, but i really need to start wearing my hair up daily.

Nannanej
June 18th, 2015, 04:47 AM
This is where I'm at right now. Getting pretty close I guess, but those ends...
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s199/Spindelvaev/Fotografi%20den%2018-06-15%20kl.%2012.38%203_zpsy7bdfyug.jpg

WaitingSoLong
June 19th, 2015, 06:55 AM
Hang in there you hair looks really healthy so it might be you are watching it to closely?

Nah. My hair growth slowed to 1/3" a month a couple years ago, more like 2.5 years ago. I was FTL at the time and ended up doing a major chop (15") back to just below waist. Took a year to grow back to hip then I chopped it again back to waist. Now I get 1/3" a month when I am lucky and every third month or so I am getting zero growth tho it has been EIGHT WEEKS now and nothing. I miss my 6" a year. I never asked for super growth, just normal growth.

I have reluctantly added some supplements back into my regime to see if that will help but I doubt it. I eat pretty healthy. It is probably stress.

ETA: my sig pic is from just after the last cut, a year ago, and I am still not at hip and the hair is not as healthy looking any more. I need to trim 2" but refuse to, that's half a year's growth!

Dragon Faery
June 20th, 2015, 06:06 AM
Yay, welcome to all! :) :happydance:

Hi Everyone on this thread! I am now at almost 34 inches hopefully by July 1st and TBL is 37 inches and classic is 41 inches on me so in 6 more months I hope to be at TBL by Xmas 2015 with all of you! I am only 5'2" so this is a time when being a shorty is wonderful!! :cheer:

Hi LCT! Good to see you on here! :) You can make it! :cheer:

Dragon Faery
June 22nd, 2015, 02:53 AM
I'll be trimming at the end of this month, assuming it's grown any. And if it hasn't, I'll just have to wait another month.

alishaxmarie
July 16th, 2015, 06:20 AM
I'm getting pretty close to BCL so hopefully I can make it to TBL or at least most of the way there in the next 5 months! Within the past week I've begun castor oil scalp massages (mixed with sesame oil) so hopefully that increases my growth rate like many users have reported. If not, then maybe I'll see results in the thickness of my hair since I've already noticed less shedding. Either way, I just wanted to post an update since this thread has basically been dead since it began. Happy growing everyone! :)

mariakatija
November 23rd, 2015, 05:32 PM
This is totally not happening for me LOL. BCL is the current goal for the end of the year.

Todd
November 23rd, 2015, 07:53 PM
Only if I tip my head back....

Next year for sure!

WaitingSoLong
November 23rd, 2015, 08:12 PM
Yeah I will end up an inch short. Ah well.

Arete
November 23rd, 2015, 10:10 PM
I made it!

lapushka
November 24th, 2015, 06:42 AM
I made it!

Congrats! :D Yay. :cheer:

mariakatija
November 25th, 2015, 09:42 PM
I made it!

Congrats! Have fun growing to classic :toast: