PDA

View Full Version : BCL by Christmas 2014

LauraLongLocks
May 6th, 2014, 11:44 AM
So, I've been hanging out in the TBL by Christmas 2014 thread and the Hip by Christmas 2014 thread, but I reached hip, and definitely won't make it to TBL by the end of the year, so I figured I needed to start a thread for those of us who hope to make it to the glorious, or maybe the infamous BCL by Christmas 2014. This is the top of the vertical smile, folks. For some people, it is synonymous with TBL, but for others, it is a different marker. It is for me, anyway. (I know, just what you were wondering... You'll sleep better tonight knowing that, I assure you.)

So here's to all us misfits hanging around hip right now... we finally have a place of our own.

I'm bringing chocolate and protein shakes to the end-of-year celebration. So join me!

Oh, and if you have a recent length photo, feel free to share. I think it would be great to see our progress from mid-year to end-of-year. Here's my most recent favorite shot.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/010-1.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/010-1.jpg.html)

ETA: How many inches or centimeters do you have until you reach BCL? I have about 4.5-5.5 inches to go, I think. So even BCL might be too lofty a goal for me, but I gotta try!

mariakatija
May 6th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Aw man! I won't reach BCL until Feb 2015! Do you think I could sneak in??? ;) Or make a July 2015 BCL thread?

EDIT: BCL is at 35 inches on me so I'm 4.5 inches away. I don't think I'll reach it by Christmas though. :(

Allie_snowflake
May 6th, 2014, 04:38 PM
I've got about 4" to go so count me in! I just reached hip too :)

hafattack
May 6th, 2014, 04:40 PM
WHOA LLL- your hair looks glossy and healthy and beautiful! Nice Work!

Sarahlabyrinth
May 6th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Hey, I'll give it a go! I haven't measured properly but I think it might be about 5 inches away for me! :)

Allie_snowflake
May 6th, 2014, 05:10 PM
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5480/14126116595_0199787d5b.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/alliewinter/14126116595/)

Here's my latest length shot taken yesterday. My waist and hips are pretty close together but I do have a ways to go for BCL. I'll get a better pic next month. I'll mark my hips with my hands or something.

LauraLongLocks
May 7th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Sounds like several of us probably won't make it all the way to BCL by Christmas. So maybe I should rename the thread? BCL by Spring 2015? I'm doing it. And thanks, my hair was pretty glossy after just rinsing out henna and blowing it dry.

ETA: I guess you can't rename a thread. Oh well.

ErinLeigh
May 7th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Laura your hair is drop dead gorgeous in that picture. It really is stunning.

LauraLongLocks
May 7th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Laura your hair is drop dead gorgeous in that picture. It really is stunning. Thanks. My husband brushed it nice and smooth for me before he took the pic. I wish I could walk around with it like that all the time, but alas I live in a very windy place, and with small children, so it isn't to be, ha ha!

Heavy Raindrops
May 7th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Silly question guys sorry, but what does BCL stand for?
Also your hair looks amazing, so shiny! :D

earthybee
May 7th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Butt crack length :D

Heavy Raindrops
May 7th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Butt crack length :D

Haha no wonder I couldn't find it on hair length charts! :p

LauraLongLocks
May 7th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Yup, the top of the vertical smile. ;)

Quasiquixotic
May 7th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Yup, the top of the vertical smile. ;)

Hee! This is the best description :)

Dessi
May 7th, 2014, 10:07 PM
Ooooh I'm in! Thank you for making the thread! I won't make it to TBL either but I think BCL is exactly where I'll be by the end of the year.
http://prikachi.com/images/953/7310953g.png

Dessi
May 7th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Oh I forgot to add - I'm almost at 33 inches and BCL is somewhere around 35-36 inches.

Aderyn
May 7th, 2014, 10:38 PM
Guess I should join this thread as well. :p

Hair is waist length wurly, hoping to be solidly hip+ by the end of the year. Stretched, I'm somewhere between hip and BCL, and hopefully have a significant amount of hair past BCL by Christmas (have a lot of taper and fairytaling). In the shower I'm just a few inches shy of BCL, so should be doable.

Hoping to have the "longest" strands reach TBL by the end of the year, though.

mariakatija
May 9th, 2014, 04:24 PM
butt crack length!!

EDIT: Silly me! I didn't notice the second page. lol

spidermom
May 9th, 2014, 04:27 PM
I'm about that length at the longest part. I might be tailbone by Christmas since we're going into my fasting-growing seasons of the year. If not, for sure I'll be at BCL, unless one of those shorter cuts that have been calling my name ends up taking me hostage.

mariakatija
July 3rd, 2014, 09:42 PM
I may reach BCL by Christmas! My hair measuring skills are pretty bad so while I'm at 30 inches and at hip, I may be past 30 inches. I really overestimated the time between milestones so I will assume BCL is right around the corner!

Sarahlabyrinth
July 3rd, 2014, 09:47 PM
Well I have 4-and-a-bit inches until BCL. I don't know if I will make it but I am jolly well going to try!

Dessi
July 3rd, 2014, 11:35 PM
When I use my sewing tape I'm at 34 inches. When I use my other sewing tape I'm at 34 inches again. But when I use my normal one - I'm at 33,5 inches. Well, I believe I can say I've reached 34 inches. :D BCL - 36-37 inches, really hope I can reach it by Christmas. I was starting to feel sad cuz I couldn't see any progress for some months but summer came and I'm amazed at the progress I've made.

lapushka
July 4th, 2014, 05:38 AM
I have one and a half inches to go until I make it to TBL, so that's approximately 3 months' worth of growing. Either I make it to TBL or BCL. We'll see. :D

woolyleprechaun
July 4th, 2014, 07:20 AM
Count me in! I've been lingering around in the TBL by Christmas thread, thinking 'this probably isn't going to happen'. I'm just over 33 inches now, and I can probably call BCL at around 37-38 inches, so four inches or so. I think that's much more achievable than the 40" I'll need for a solid TBL :)

LongCurlyTress
July 4th, 2014, 09:26 AM
I have one and a half inches to go until I make it to TBL, so that's approximately 3 months' worth of growing. Either I make it to TBL or BCL. We'll see. :D

Good luck lapushka! I know you will get there! :pray:

Inconella
July 4th, 2014, 10:55 AM
I think I can do it. Stretched, I'm about three inches away.

mariakatija
July 4th, 2014, 01:15 PM
We can do it guys! Let's keep those nasty scissors away...

lapushka
July 4th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Good luck lapushka! I know you will get there! :pray:

Thanks so much for saying that. Keeps me goin'! :D

LauraLongLocks
July 4th, 2014, 06:19 PM
If I am at 31.5" and BCL is 37" I'm not going to make it. Why is it SO FAR AWAY??? And no milestones to speak of in between. Well, at least I made a mini-milestone just brushing my belly button when pulled around front.