PDA

View Full Version : 7 year anniversary Pics, ALMOST KNEE!!

longhairedlady
May 5th, 2014, 09:47 PM
I sometimes forget that I am now one of the "longhairs" that I dreamed of being one day! I will never forget looking at all the pics on here through the years, and drooling and dreaming that I would one day have super long hair too. This forum will always have a special place for me, because it was my entire reason and inspiration to grow long. I have no intention of maintaining anytime soon, I will keep growing as long as my ends long nice. :D

I notice the longer it gets, the straighter it gets. I am losing most of the wave I had. When it was short I could actually scrunch lose curls into it! No more of that lol.

I am always switching up my routine. I no longer S&D. I feel like it thinned my ends in the long run, and it is easier to just microtrim. I use the ponytail method for trimming. Its not very often, maybe 2-3 times a year. I use head and shoulders 2-n-1, then condition twice (not my scalp) with pantene 2 minute deep conditioner intensive restoration treatment. It is in a square container. I do this once a week. I brush once a day. I oil it in the winter dry months. Its always in a bun, very rarely do I wear it down. Although, recently I have worn it down a couple times just to see what reactions I get. :p

The first pic was from when I first joined in 2007. It was permed and damaged and I hated it. I eventually cut it off to a very short bob and started over! I dont have any pics from the cut, but I dont regret it one bit.

April 2007:
https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t266/tgearjammer/Maddy033-1.jpg

March 2012:
https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t266/tgearjammer/100_0770-1-2-1.jpg

May 2013:
https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t266/tgearjammer/07b155fa-e781-43d0-9e3a-1389248c10df_zps65e7df28.jpg

May 2014:
https://fotos.fotoflexer.com/a3e0deccb7042cd41ea2cf93d1801b09.jpg

meteor
May 5th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Wow! Phenomenal hair! :) Your hemline is super thick!
And thanks so much for posting your routine!

jacqueline101
May 5th, 2014, 09:57 PM
Your hair is beautiful and amazing. In my book it's grown pretty fast too.

Tini'sNewHair
May 5th, 2014, 10:01 PM
:thudpile: I'm left for words!!!!! Your hair looks AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crystawni
May 5th, 2014, 10:03 PM
That's quite a transformation, and beautiful growth!

Sarahlabyrinth
May 5th, 2014, 10:26 PM
Wonderful hair, I bet you get reactions when you wear it down!

Jumper
May 5th, 2014, 10:51 PM
Wow! Seems like fast growth to me.

Your permed and dyed picture made me do a double take because it's pretty much what my natural hair looks like.

longhairedlady
May 5th, 2014, 10:52 PM
Thank you everyone! My hair is my one accomplishment in life. There is not much I can control with my life, and it brings my happiness to be able to control at least my hair.

Also a few more things i do that may or may not contribute to my hair, I use an inversion table often, eat gelatin daily, and make sure i get plenty of protein.

longhairedlady
May 5th, 2014, 10:54 PM
Wow! Seems like fast growth to me.

Your permed and dyed picture made me do a double take because it's pretty much what my natural hair looks like.

Oh dont get me wrong, I loved my curly hair, but it was so damaged. The pic doesnt show it very well but it was so fried! I would give anything for curly hair again, just not the damage lol!

Cowgirl16
May 6th, 2014, 12:06 AM
Beautiful hair!

MungoMania
May 6th, 2014, 12:19 AM
Congrats on your progress. Your hair looks totally awesome.

duchess67
May 6th, 2014, 05:14 AM
Your hair is just amazing! I'm sure traffic will stop if you walk down the street letting your hair down :D

If you don't mind me asking how do you take gelatin? Is it Knox gelatin or something else?

Thank you everyone! My hair is my one accomplishment in life. There is not much I can control with my life, and it brings my happiness to be able to control at least my hair.

Also a few more things i do that may or may not contribute to my hair, I use an inversion table often, eat gelatin daily, and make sure i get plenty of protein.

Silver Strands
May 6th, 2014, 05:48 AM
Beautiful and thud- worthy! :thudpile:
I also love how you listed your routine.
Very helpful.
Congratulations!

longhairedlady
May 6th, 2014, 06:03 AM
Thank you everyone! I truly appreciate the compliments so much. It means so much to me! :o

Duchess, yes knox! I take 1 packet a day. I usually mix it into soup or broth and drink it hot. I occasionally do it twice a day. I havent tried it in hot tea, but have heard of some people who take it that way.

lapushka
May 6th, 2014, 06:15 AM
That's one amazing journey! Congratulations on your progress. It looks lovely!!!

longhairedlady
May 6th, 2014, 06:26 AM
Thank you lapushka! Honestly I have so much personal stuff that goes on, that sometimes my hair length sneaks upon me. Its like my little silver lining in life.

Beborani
May 6th, 2014, 09:53 AM
You have stunning hair and great growth!

MrsGuther
May 6th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Amazing hair!!! :D :D

duchess67
May 6th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the quick response, appreciate it. I have knox at home, am going to take it and see how it goes.

Thank you everyone! I truly appreciate the compliments so much. It means so much to me! :o

Duchess, yes knox! I take 1 packet a day. I usually mix it into soup or broth and drink it hot. I occasionally do it twice a day. I havent tried it in hot tea, but have heard of some people who take it that way.

OUKess
May 6th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Awesome hair longhairedlady!!! Amazing growth and beauty!!!!

Vanilla
May 6th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Amazing! I love your color, your length, everything! So pretty :)

Remi
May 6th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Silver lining! Yes, that's how my life goes too.

Skade
May 6th, 2014, 12:00 PM
:thud: Your hair looks amazing! Yes, you really are one of those gorgeous long hairs now that inspire the rest of us!

Xan
May 6th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Looks awesome keep growing.

DweamGoiL
May 6th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Great story and great growth!

FallingDarkness
May 6th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Your hair is sooooooo gorgeous.... <3

roseomalley
May 6th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Beautiful, beautiful hair.

embee
May 6th, 2014, 07:15 PM
Happy Anniversary! Interesting story of growth and care. Great pics. Great length! :)

sumidha
May 6th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Holy cats! Your hair is what my hair dreams of being when it grows up. :applause

vindo
May 6th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Amazing!! Congrats! :flowers: :)

longhairedlady
May 6th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Thank yall so much for the lovely comments. It has made my day a happy one. :) I hope you all achieve all your hair dreams!

BambooBeauty
May 6th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Amazing!!! :)

rapunzelna
May 6th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Spectacular hair - I love it..and I also like the fact that it's straight and sleek. You grow girl!

cocolover
May 6th, 2014, 09:37 PM
Wow, your hair is gorgeous! Very inspiring :)

bahoban
May 6th, 2014, 09:37 PM
ohhhhhh amazing!!!!

longhairedlady
May 7th, 2014, 03:52 AM
Thank yall so much!

RavennaNight
May 9th, 2014, 03:59 AM
Beautiful hair!

MaryO
May 9th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Awesome! It looks beautiful, what an inpiration!

Night_Kitten
May 9th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Congrats on your 7th anniversary, and on almost knee! :D
Gorgeous hair, absolutely amazing :)

alessandraa
May 9th, 2014, 02:57 PM
wow, beautiful

longhairedlady
May 24th, 2014, 03:00 PM
thank you everyone! I am thinking of trimming an inch or two. If I do I will post some pics :)

Cania
May 24th, 2014, 03:09 PM
:thudpile:

Just so you know, you're my hair idol now.

LauraLongLocks
May 24th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Thank you for sharing your amazing hair with us. Yes, you are truly an inspiration to those of us who are still dreaming that we might be able to have super length hair someday! Thanks also for sharing your routine with us. :)

cathair
May 24th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Happy belated anniversary! :flower: Your hair looks incredibly healthy :thudpile:

longhairedlady
May 30th, 2014, 12:35 AM
Thank you everyone! So far no trimming yet. Ive been *attempting* to use my boar bristle brush. I hate that thing. I dont know if there is a method to it or what. I just feel like it skims the surface of my hair and doesnt really brush all of my hair. I think I remember someone saying you have to brush it sections? I cant believe I am attempting to use this thing again. I got so mad last time. I found it the other day and here we go again lol....

ErinLeigh
May 30th, 2014, 01:38 AM
I am so happy to see you posted an update with photos along with routine. I really enjoyed reading and viewing.
Your hair is so lovely. Its intensely cool :)

iYaap
May 30th, 2014, 01:56 AM
Wow! A true success story in one post. I agree it is inspiring! :)

Ishje
May 30th, 2014, 01:58 AM
That is very impressive!!!

Beatnik Guy
May 30th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Woah! :thud:

longhairedlady
May 31st, 2014, 10:49 AM
:o Thank you so much everyone! Yall sure do know how to flatter a girl! :blossom:

truepeacenik
May 31st, 2014, 11:13 AM
Thank you everyone! So far no trimming yet. Ive been *attempting* to use my boar bristle brush. I hate that thing. I dont know if there is a method to it or what. I just feel like it skims the surface of my hair and doesnt really brush all of my hair. I think I remember someone saying you have to brush it sections? I cant believe I am attempting to use this thing again. I got so mad last time. I found it the other day and here we go again lol....

Yes,a BBB is for smoothing sections. Nothing says you have to use one at all! And your photos prove it.
I have a small BBB, given to me as a well-meaning gift. I occasionally use it to smooth the under and top sides. It gives some gloss.

I'd be interested in playing with dry shampoo with it.
But I don't see it as a daily tool for me.

I'm at your May 2013 point.
You convinced me to microtrim over the S&D. I'd been waffling.

ETA: :thud:

Hosta
May 31st, 2014, 11:47 AM
Gorgeous hair.

Dandelion6
May 31st, 2014, 04:56 PM
Your hair is gorgeous all the way down to the ends!

repunzelwannabe
May 31st, 2014, 04:59 PM
YAY! your ends look amazing!

longhairedlady
June 2nd, 2014, 09:58 PM
truepeacenik, I went through the same line of thinking about the BBB when I bought it years ago. I felt like I was "supposed" to be using it! And I fell into that trap again lol. I actually did figure it out, and yea it took brushing it in very small sections. I did like how it shined up the ends of my hair but the time it took is just not something I could handle doing every day, or even once a week. I think I set it aside for times when I am just in the mood to mess with my hair. And yea the S&D I waffled back and forth with that. Most of my split ends are located on the hair that grows from the nape and my temple area. I would snip and snip and snip and finally after some time realized all I was accomplishing was thinning my ends. So I switched to just microtrims and I get the same results as far as keeping my ends cleaned up but without thinning my hemline. Now when I start noticing splits, I do a few microtrims until I feel happy with the results. I hope it works for you too!

Thank you everyone for the compliments! I sometimes forget that my hair is finally long like all the pics I poured over all those years ago! And its funny. When I look at my older pics I think "my hair was so short". But I guess technically it was long even then! My views on what is long has changed over the years.

Fericera
June 2nd, 2014, 10:02 PM
Your dedication really paid off. That is some beautiful hair!

cat11
June 2nd, 2014, 10:04 PM
Woah! Inspiring hair story and great length and thickness! Congrats on sticking to your goal for so long.