PDA

View Full Version : If you have bangs, do they actually touch your forehead?

Larki
May 4th, 2014, 08:26 PM
I'm curious about this. I've seen a lot people say they didn't like having bangs because they don't like the feeling of having hair touch their face, or that they would never get bangs because they don't like the idea of hair touching their face, etc.

But I've had bangs nearly my whole life (see profile pic) and mine don't physically touch my forehead at all once dry. Apparently bangs are supposed to give you forehead acne, but the forehead is actually the only place where I never get pimples of any kind. Are my bangs an anomaly because I've had bangs for such a long time? Maybe they've coached themselves to lay like that? Or does anyone else with bangs notice that theirs don't touch their skin?

Nadine <3
May 4th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Hm...mine definitely touch my forehead. I have to wash my bangs everyday just because they get really oily sitting on my face all day lol

molljo
May 4th, 2014, 08:56 PM
Mine kind of skim my forehead, if that makes sense. Some parts touch and others don't; it's not like my bangs are plastered to my skin or anything. I also don't get breakouts there either. I also don't understand people not being able to stand hair in their faces. Maybe it's because my hair likes to be big, but the sides of my face and forehead are almost always being touched by hair. It's comforting, in a way.

chen bao jun
May 4th, 2014, 08:59 PM
mine touch my forehead

spidermom
May 4th, 2014, 09:15 PM
It depends. I'd say they touch my forehead at least somewhat, but they're not plastered to my forehead except when wet or oily.

eadwine
May 5th, 2014, 01:51 AM
The tips definitely touch :)

Weewah
May 5th, 2014, 01:57 AM
The tips of my bangs brush all up on my eyebrows and eyes which is annoying. Maybe since you had bangs your whole life your brain doesn't process the feeling of them on your forehead. Did you know that we can actually see our nose but the brain ignores it because it's always there? It could be the same thing with your bangs.

Bagginslover
May 5th, 2014, 01:59 AM
If I have bangs, they touch all the way down, and definitely contribute to giving me acne. Everyone is different ;)

ExpectoPatronum
May 5th, 2014, 03:02 AM
The ends of my bangs touch my forehead, but that's it and it doesn't bug me at all.

Rosa Harris
May 5th, 2014, 03:51 AM
I've always had little natural fluff bangs and they touch - when my mom used to cut full bangs they defiitly touched. I don't mind the touching I just hate hate hate the look on me.

jacqueline101
May 5th, 2014, 06:45 AM
Of course bangs touch your forehead. I have triangle hair line type bangs. I love them. I really love it when I cut them short.

xoChesleyy
May 5th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Mine touch my forehead. I don't really notice them at all after having bangs for nearly 7 years. :p

Seeshami
May 5th, 2014, 10:33 PM
uuuuuh sorta kinda no.... Generally they frame my face but some days they want to be in my face. I assume it's mess demanding a cookie but I shove them out of the way and ignore his pleas.

walterSCAN
May 6th, 2014, 05:57 AM
uuuuuh sorta kinda no.... Generally they frame my face but some days they want to be in my face. I assume it's mess demanding a cookie but I shove them out of the way and ignore his pleas.

Mine are this way^, but my 'bangs' are chin length at their shortest so they spend most of their time behind my ears anyway. :shrug:

OP, I'm guessing yours don't touch your face much because of the slight wave you get from having 1c hair? Your bangs are very nice, by the way. :)

Larki
May 6th, 2014, 08:21 AM
WalterSCAN, thank you! Now that you mention it, could be! Because they're not flat, they kind of curve away from my face and then the ends come to rest probably a few mm from my skin.

Lady Mary
May 6th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Yes, but they are short and flat usually.

Redvelvetdragon
May 6th, 2014, 12:17 PM
My bangs touch my forehead and it doesn't bother me. They do bother me if they get longer than my brows though as I don't like the feeling of them potentially going into my eyes.

My bangs have never given me acne.