PDA

View Full Version : I have to cut ...

YumiYume
September 16th, 2008, 02:03 AM
Hi!

long toime no se ...

I alredy got short hair.. but nead to cut it again it seems.. my old wave-perm is only half up my hair now and makes it really frizzy when combed..

my hair just recently became shoulderlenth in front, but back its shorter, (had a page haircut). so.. i want my hair long, but unsure about the front-hair (dont know what its called), so i will cut that part to chin i guess and steps downwards, only on one side, the other i want long as the rest of the hair..

would you have cutten all your hair so it would be the same lenth?, I would get rid of some, but not all perm-hair.. but then it would be short and a start over :'(

laurachiplock
September 16th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Start over. You'll be happy you did in the long run

FrannyG
September 16th, 2008, 07:00 AM
I've been in your situation before, and I started over. I was happy that I did, and my hair grew so much faster than I would have imagined. Good luck, whatever you decide. :blossom:

morningstar
September 16th, 2008, 07:08 AM
I would cut the damage out and even up the ends and then start growing out again. You are young and it will be much better for you to do this than to try to snip small fractions of hair to wait and wait for the damage to be gone.
This is just my opinion. Best of luck.

Speedbump
September 16th, 2008, 11:19 AM
I too would just start over, all one length, cutting out as much of the damaged hair as I could. It will break less and get longer faster.

Good luck regardless of your choice! :D

YumiYume
September 16th, 2008, 11:21 AM
thanks for the answers ^-^!

I think I'll start over, it probobly will look helthier then .. almost all perm-hair will be gone then so it should be a good thing ^-^

thanks ^.^, i did feel cinda sad when i realized that it looked horrible =P

spidermom
September 16th, 2008, 11:22 AM
I agree. Start over. You can buy cute clips and head bands to dress up short hair, so you can still have fun and try different styles. Undamaged hair grows much faster than damaged hair because it's not breaking off at the ends. I think you will like it a lot more.

YumiYume
September 16th, 2008, 11:41 AM
yeah, I guess spidermom :) thanks ^^

I'll cut it and hope for the best XD, hope it wont be to fluffy, without any curls tying it together haha.. but at least it wont get frizzy and un-cared for ^^, to bad its 2 weeks until my time at the hairdresser =O

wintersun99
September 16th, 2008, 11:49 AM

utdesertrunner
September 16th, 2008, 12:17 PM
You will be so happy to have all the damage off! You can enjoy the cute hairstyles along the way too. I had permed my BSL length hair a few years back. It was SO damaged I had to finally chop to my chin. I missed the length, but am really happy it is healthy again. And now it's growing fast. Yours will too! We'd love to see a pic after your appt!

YumiYume
September 20th, 2008, 07:51 AM
oh, to sad that it happens =O.., but i guess you'r all right so Ill cut mine to .. ^^

sure utdesertrunner, ill post a picture after its done if i dare XD, then when its longer and nice ill post another one ^^

Chamomile betty
September 20th, 2008, 01:51 PM
I agree that you should trim some of that damage off.
You'll be happy you got rid of it and then be able to growth.

Then go treat yourself to some new hair pins or clips.

YumiYume
September 30th, 2008, 01:31 AM
thanks for your support, and i have now cutted my hair *sigh*

in dit cut it on one side of my face to chin, so I could loose some more damage. then it trapped down to the rest of the hair thats a bit above the shoulders. bad thing, my hair gets to puffy and i look like a guy from the 80's with hair pointing out at some places(still some bad hair), good thing, I've lost a lot of the crappy parts and can put it up with a clip in my neck =P

I'll cut it again in about 7 weeks to even the hair and loose some more, I had a page cut from the beginning so..

but it looks ok i guess, just want it to grow way faster =P

hah, well, thanks for your support ^^