PDA

View Full Version : Always touching my hair, gets greasy

snuflan
May 4th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Hi guys! My hair isn't really that long but I keep touching it and it makes my hair greasy really fast :( I'm either flipping my bangs to the side, touching the back to see if I can do a pony tail or scratching my scalp (mostly bcause of my SD).

Am I the only one who does this? What can I do about it? It kinda feels like an OCD or something sometimes haha!

midbackorbust
May 4th, 2014, 02:19 PM
I'm a compulsive bang flipper too! I can't really suggest anything but I'll be watching this thread.

molljo
May 4th, 2014, 02:25 PM
I went through this during the awkward stages, and I'm just now getting out of it. It's definitely an anxious behavior, and the key is to find something else to do with your hands. Replacing a behavior is easier than simply stopping one, so maybe try that? Do you wear jewelry? Maybe get a ring and every time you catch yourself messing with your hair, mess with the ring instead. Learn to knit or crochet. Get a sketchpad and doodle. Take up smoking (just kidding :D). Just try to find something to do with your hands, because if they're occupied with something else, they won't be in your hair.

snuflan
May 4th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Wow those are some great advices Molljo! :) Yeah I'm in the awkward stages now, and I'm also unemployed at the moment and don't have much to do during the days so maybe that's a reason as well!

Sarahlabyrinth
May 4th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Yes, my hair gets greasy super fast if I keep touching it. I wear a necklace and fiddle with that now instead! It really saves my hair.

momschicklets
May 4th, 2014, 04:40 PM
I definitely notice my hair gets dirty much faster if I fiddle with it a lot. I'm sure there is transfer of all kinds of oils, dirt, etc...:disgust: One thing I try to do is make sure I wash my hands after applying makeup or cooking if I'm going to be touching my hair...I notice it stays soft and clean for at least twice as long before I need to wash.

Nadine <3
May 4th, 2014, 08:30 PM
I touch my hair a lot. It's soft...lol I have no advice, sorry...:D

spidermom
May 4th, 2014, 09:17 PM
I agree with finding something else to fiddle around with rather than hair.