PDA

View Full Version : Youtube - beautiful ash-brown/blondette ankle length hair

Selkie-
May 4th, 2014, 05:56 AM
Thought this video was interesting about a woman with gorgeous ash-brown ankle-length hair appearing on a French 'long-hair show' in 2003. To me it just shows how beautiful ash blonde/brown hair ('blondette') can be.

Nine years later and it shows her with waist/hip length hair. Her hair looks so short by comparison!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9QJov5k75k&feature=player_detailpage

Kherome
May 4th, 2014, 07:19 AM
I don't see even a hint of blond anything in her hair. It's a medium brown, ash brown maybe, with sun damage fading towards the ends. It's pretty though!

ETA: I was also really mad at the lady who said it was ugly. Even if she really thinks it's ugly, WHY would you think it is ok to say that to someone? Ugh rude people. Also, the end of the video keeps saying she cut it to waist length but her hair is CLEARLY not waist. It's Hip at least, but seems more like BCL or even possibly tailbone.

eadwine
May 4th, 2014, 07:30 AM
They do need to relearn where our waists are. Definitely not at the belt level *giggle* From what I can see at 7:25 it is more tailbone :)

Johannah
May 4th, 2014, 08:15 AM
They do need to relearn where our waists are. Definitely not at the belt level *giggle* From what I can see at 7:25 it is more tailbone :)

Haha, this is exactly what I thought too!

spidermom
May 4th, 2014, 08:51 AM
I don't see any blonde either. I can imagine that the shorter length is much more manageable and versatile. Both lengths are pretty.

Kherome
May 4th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Yeah, the first length was beautiful but I imagine that she finally decided that she wanted less work/upkeep and trimmed it back. It's SO much longer than waist though. That's just silly. Who would say their waist is at their butt crack?

Marika
May 4th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Her hair was/is pretty (and that woman rude) but what's up with the p*** movie music! I always get a weird feeling when I watch these type of videos...shudder:

eadwine
May 4th, 2014, 11:24 AM
So THAT is where those crazy sizings of clothing these days come from! Ahhhhh *lightbulb moment*

;) :lol:

Stormynights
May 4th, 2014, 11:41 AM
I think ultra long hair is beautiful and I really love looking at it on others, but I wouldn't be able to handle that length on my own head. It is always sad for me to see someone cut long hair like that even though I realize that there is a reason for doing it.

chen bao jun
May 4th, 2014, 12:49 PM
She's a beautiful Polish woman. What I don't understand is how they are saying a 31 year old has 'aged well'?! What's aged about 31? Honestly, I don't think they have a right to make a remark like that ever, but why would you expect someone in her 30's to look bad? In normal terms, your looks don't start changing until about 40, and a whole lot of women look good way beyond that. Someone in their 30's who has deteriorated in their looks has generally either had some major illness or (more likely) is just paying less attention to her looks because she's a harassed, busy mother of young kids.
Her hair looks great at the extreme length, and also looks great at the 'normal' long length. I'm glad she can stand up for herself, but I don't know why she chose to appear on what is definitely a 'freak' show as she is by no means a freak. In defense of the woman who said she didn't care for the hair, Natasha asked her something that I didn't catch and all she answered was "Well, frankly, yes." She didn't say the hair was ugly, she was asked a question and responded honestly. That's not rude, if you ask people things, you have to be prepared for them to answer 'yes' sometimes.
I wish the video had kept the conversation in in stead of just having silence or music with just those couple words of dialogue.
As for if she's blonde or not, I'm staying out of that. She's definitely fair, anyway. And gorgeous.

redredrobin
May 4th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Yeah, the first length was beautiful but I imagine that she finally decided that she wanted less work/upkeep and trimmed it back. It's SO much longer than waist though. That's just silly. Who would say their waist is at their butt crack?

She's a beautiful Polish woman. What I don't understand is how they are saying a 31 year old has 'aged well'?! What's aged about 31? Honestly, I don't think they have a right to make a remark like that ever, but why would you expect someone in her 30's to look bad? In normal terms, your looks don't start changing until about 40, and a whole lot of women look good way beyond that. Someone in their 30's who has deteriorated in their looks has generally either had some major illness or (more likely) is just paying less attention to her looks because she's a harassed, busy mother of young kids.
Her hair looks great at the extreme length, and also looks great at the 'normal' long length. I'm glad she can stand up for herself, but I don't know why she chose to appear on what is definitely a 'freak' show as she is by no means a freak. In defense of the woman who said she didn't care for the hair, Natasha asked her something that I didn't catch and all she answered was "Well, frankly, yes." She didn't say the hair was ugly, she was asked a question and responded honestly. That's not rude, if you ask people things, you have to be prepared for them to answer 'yes' sometimes.
I wish the video had kept the conversation in in stead of just having silence or music with just those couple words of dialogue.
As for if she's blonde or not, I'm staying out of that. She's definitely fair, anyway. And gorgeous.

Looks like it's just a simple video update and not a huge amount of thought has gone into giving it a length. I think for a lot of people waist length just means very long, at the waist (ie hip) of jeans. It's not accurate but I can understand why someone would say that.

I also don't think they meant offence at saying she had aged well, I took it to mean nearly a decade later and she still looks lovely, rather than saying 31 is really old and it's amazing that she's not covered in wrinkles ;) Well that's what I took it to mean anyway, as it seemed a positive video about her.

meteor
May 4th, 2014, 01:24 PM
In defense of the woman who said she didn't care for the hair, Natasha asked her something that I didn't catch and all she answered was "Well, frankly, yes." She didn't say the hair was ugly, she was asked a question and responded honestly. That's not rude, if you ask people things, you have to be prepared for them to answer 'yes' sometimes.
I watched the original video in French (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeusE1O1tbg), and, sadly, the way it went was not nice. At 1:38 the lady with a pixie interrupts and asks Natasha "And you find it beautiful?" Natasha replies "Yes, sure." The lady holding Natasha's hair asks the woman with the pixie: "Why? And you find it ugly?" And the woman with a pixie replies: "Well, frankly, yes." If you watch that interaction, you can see that the lady with a pixie was implying with her demeanor and her question "How can you find this beautiful?" She also called her hair thin earlier. It's unfortunate and reminded me of high-school girls with short hair that told me I can't possibly be capable of taking care of long hair (and it was only at TBL!) and that long hair "never looks good anyway". I definitely recognized that social pressure to cut to be normal in that show.

MINAKO
May 4th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Maybe she didn't decide to cut it but did something to it that caused damage, or simply suffered from a hairloss period, or got assaulted by some hair hater, or was unlucky with a candle somewhere, who can tell?! 9 years are a long time. Still long enough at BCL tho.

chen bao jun
May 4th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Thanks, meteor. Off to watch it in French now. What you say does sound quite rude. Odd that the pixie lady could possibly think she looked better than Natasha in any way.
I have to stand by my earlier remark, though. this is exactly the problem, if you just automatically say, not thinking, wow she's aged well about a 31 year old, you are contributing the extreme insecurities women have about aging in our society.

I watched the original video in French (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeusE1O1tbg), and, sadly, the way it went was not nice. At 1:38 the lady with a pixie interrupts and asks Natasha "And you find it beautiful?" Natasha replies "Yes, sure." The lady holding Natasha's hair asks the woman with the pixie: "Why? And you find it ugly?" And the woman with a pixie replies: "Well, frankly, yes." If you watch that interaction, you can see that the lady with a pixie was implying with her demeanor and her question "How can you find this beautiful?" She also called her hair thin earlier. It's unfortunate and reminded me of high-school girls with short hair that told me I can't possibly be capable of taking care of long hair (and it was only at TBL!) and that long hair "never looks good anyway". I definitely recognized that social pressure to cut to be normal in that show.

Gaelle27
May 4th, 2014, 02:37 PM
I watched the original version too and the other woman was really really unpleasant :mad: and not talking about the "ugly part", but the way she talked to her, it was really unpleasant.
Natasha had amazing ankle length hair, it looked like a curtain of silk. I was surprised when she said that she keept it down most of the time and used half a bottle of shampoo for each wash...