PDA

View Full Version : Cool Braided Bun Video with Floor length hair Lady

cat11
May 3rd, 2014, 07:00 PM
I thought I would share this awesome hair video I found. I want her hair!! This video (and The Pillow Book's poetic depictions of such lengths) is seriously inspiring me to never cut my hair again. It's a romantic idea. But the ends. How would they be? Maybe little trims...

Anyway, getting off topic. It's not just wrapped like a cinnabun, and it stays up by itself!!! It's looped around and stuff. This is what I thought was so impressive and I see a lot of people asking for self supporting buns so I thought people would enjoy this.

I also found the lady very lovely and pretty to watch and I love her dress. I think that garment is called a Sari? So beautiful I wish American women wore these. I want one. I would probably wear one anyway if somebody got one for me or I found an irresistable one at a flea market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTU6vf0wD9Q

MINAKO
May 3rd, 2014, 07:08 PM
Oh wow, that's an impressive amount of hair, too much for my taste, i would go bananas it i would have to take care of it and it must be sooo heavy, but still amazing in it's own way. The braid becomes so shiny.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 3rd, 2014, 07:11 PM
She does have the most amazing hair.....

lydiajo
May 3rd, 2014, 07:14 PM
I was fascinated watching her braiding technique. I wish my hair was half that thick.

ashke50
May 3rd, 2014, 07:20 PM
That hair is stunning. I am in awe.
I think the bun she did was a braided nautilus - any bun gurus around who can confirm?

meteor
May 3rd, 2014, 07:25 PM
The style is "braided nautilus bun" - very comfy and secure. Even though it can hold on its own for a while, it's still better to secure it with something, as the lady in the video does with a hair stick. Awesome hair! :D
And yes, the dress is called a "sari".

Fairlight63
May 3rd, 2014, 08:07 PM
WOW-Her hair is so pretty! & so thick! Mine is not near as thick as hers!

cat11
May 3rd, 2014, 08:08 PM
I was fascinated watching her braiding technique. I wish my hair was half that thick.

Right!! I liked watching how she sectioned it at the beginning sometimes my fingering gets tangled up there. I think my hair might be that thick but It's nowhere near that long or near that gorgeous color. I used to dye my hair black and it's really hard to give up. My Initial goal was to grow to goal and then dye it afterwards to avoid damage but still get it, but now I can't see accepting the damage after investing all this time and care.

Really cool that you could recognize the bun, meteor.

eadwine
May 4th, 2014, 01:37 AM
I wish I could let my hair stay up on its own :lol: My hair desires freedom! ;)

beautiful video!

Oh and my hair totally does that too if I leave the scrunchie in. Annoying :rolleyes: :lol:

ladyfey
May 4th, 2014, 04:19 AM
Her hair being able to stay up on its own is a texture issue too. My hair is ankle length and could never stay in that bun (or any other) with out being secured. Too slippery!

chen bao jun
May 4th, 2014, 05:11 AM
You can actually buy a sari on ebay, if you are not near Indian stores. Look for positive feedback on the part of the seller, there are lots of them. They are hard to keep on if you are not used to wearing them though.