PDA

View Full Version : Living Libations shampoo and conditioner

cooklaezo13
May 3rd, 2014, 03:03 PM
The price made me go :disbelief when I first saw it, but after reading rave reviews of Living Libations, I decided to give the smallest size a go, because I've really been in a rut with my hair. I am so impressed. My hair has never looked this good, ever! The shampoo actually cleaned my hair perfectly, without drying, and the conditioner moisturized and provided slip with no buildup. And it smells good too. It also brought back the wave to my hair, which had turned decidedly straight over the past few months. I decided I never want to wash my hair with anything else, and bought the large sizes of each. They are very concentrated products, and I don't wash my hair very often, so to me it is not such a bad deal for the price.

Weewah
May 3rd, 2014, 07:16 PM
I want to try this stuff! I never even heard of this brand until somebody on another thread mentioned that Shailene Woodley uses it. It seems to have awesome hair-friendly ingredients. After your recommendation it's definitely going on my list for next time I buy hair stuff. :cool:

TheHowlingWolf
May 3rd, 2014, 07:25 PM
AHHH!!!! I've wanted to try this brand for so long! Their haircare, skincare, everything! Shailene Woodley uses their s/c! I hear it makes your hair look like a disney princess's! It is expensive so Idk if I'll be able to afford it anytime soon, but hopefully I will try it someday (soon!!!!).

ETA: How long did it take you to use up the small bottles of s/c?

TheHowlingWolf
May 3rd, 2014, 07:28 PM
I want to try this stuff! I never even heard of this brand until somebody on another thread mentioned that Shailene Woodley uses it. It seems to have awesome hair-friendly ingredients. After your recommendation it's definitely going on my list for next time I buy hair stuff. :cool:

Oh haha.....I posted my other comment before actually reading this thread. I believe the person who mentioned Shailene Woodley was me :P

TheHowlingWolf
May 3rd, 2014, 07:28 PM
Sorry double post

cooklaezo13
May 4th, 2014, 10:05 AM
The smallest size bottles lasted me for four shampoos, which was enough to decide I liked it enough to buy a large bottle. The discount for buying in bulk is significant. The larger size you get the less it costs per mL. It really is worth it to me, my hair has never looked or smelled better.

Islandgrrl
May 4th, 2014, 10:09 AM
I've never heard of this brand. I just wanted to say that I completely misread the title of this thread as "Livid Libertarians......" I need more coffee.

Weewah
May 14th, 2014, 01:28 AM
I tried my samples today, and I don't know how I feel about it yet. The shampoo is strong and made my hair squeaky clean, and made my hair dry/tangly in the shower. The conditioner was ineffective at removing the tangles and I went through a lot of it before giving up and using my trusty Kinky Curly Knot Today so I could get my fingers through my hair. I left some knot today as a leave in and only 2 drops of Argan oil to see how my hair would be without a styling product.

Well my hair dried very shiny and bouncier/lighter/curlier then normal. But I do have frizz so I'd need to use a styler or a more moisturizing leave in next time. It just sucks working with this stuff in the shower. Maybe I'll use less shampoo next time, and only if I feel like I need a clarifying wash or something. I think this stuff might be great for healthy virgin hair, but it's kind of harsh on my damaged tangle prone hair.

Kherome
May 14th, 2014, 07:16 AM
Is it the seabuckthorn stuff? http://www.livinglibations.com/default/products/body-care/healthy-hair/seabuckthorn-shampoo-shine-on-conditioner-duo

Kherome
May 14th, 2014, 07:28 AM
It sounds like something worth trying BUT if you live in the US it's like $15 to get the 1 oz sizes of S/C then it's another $12 for shipping.

TheHowlingWolf
May 14th, 2014, 03:43 PM
I tried my samples today, and I don't know how I feel about it yet. The shampoo is strong and made my hair squeaky clean, and made my hair dry/tangly in the shower. The conditioner was ineffective at removing the tangles and I went through a lot of it before giving up and using my trusty Kinky Curly Knot Today so I could get my fingers through my hair. I left some knot today as a leave in and only 2 drops of Argan oil to see how my hair would be without a styling product.

Well my hair dried very shiny and bouncier/lighter/curlier then normal. But I do have frizz so I'd need to use a styler or a more moisturizing leave in next time. It just sucks working with this stuff in the shower. Maybe I'll use less shampoo next time, and only if I feel like I need a clarifying wash or something. I think this stuff might be great for healthy virgin hair, but it's kind of harsh on my damaged tangle prone hair.

Oh wow....that's the only semi negative review I've read about their s/c. Hmmm maybe instead of ordering the medium bottles the first time I try it, I'll order the sample sizes. I plan on ordering some skincare items in the future, so I'll just tack them onto my order then.

Weewah
May 14th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Yeah, it's the seabuckthorn shampoo and shine on conditioner, I paid $27 for the samples.

I'm really enjoying my second day hair after sleeping with it in a bun. It's really shiny and light. I think next time I use this I'm going to dilute the shampoo so it won't be so strong in the shower, and just mix the conditioner with my knot today if I need to. Because I can see what they mean about it giving Disney Princess hair now! I took some pics.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10927&d=1400110303
second day after bunning

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10926&d=1400110284
Trying to capture the iridescent shininess it gave to the healthy virgin hair at the top of my head.

I'm a near daily co-washer so I wouldn't use this every day, but if you stretch your washes anyways then it might not be so bad. It's very cleansing

TheHowlingWolf
May 14th, 2014, 08:07 PM
OOoh wow your hair is so pretty!

Weewah
May 15th, 2014, 05:41 AM
OOoh wow your hair is so pretty!

Thank you :o I think it's okay lol. You have very impressive hair yourself!

Baby
May 22nd, 2014, 08:49 AM
Do you know if the shampoo is considered sls-free?

Weewah
May 24th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Do you know if the shampoo is considered sls-free?

It is but it's still pretty strong. I ended up making an order for the full sized conditioner but not the shampoo. But I think the conditioner causes build up because of the wax in it. So I might end up ordering the shampoo too. I love how shiny the conditioner makes my hair, and it smells soo good. I have a bit of my shampoo sample left so I'm still trying to figure out a way to make it work without knotting my hair up in the shower.

TheHowlingWolf
May 26th, 2014, 01:14 AM
So the shampoo dries out your hair? eek! & have you actually experienced buildup with the conditioner or is it just an assumption that you'll get buildup because of the ingredients?

Weewah
May 26th, 2014, 04:22 AM
I had to do a clarify recently because my waves were getting ropey, so I guess it's half experience half assumption. The shampoo is probably formulated to combat the possible buildup from the conditioner. I used the conditioner after my co-wash a couple times and then experienced buildup. So I think co-washing might not be strong enough to remove wax, which is why I'm still trying to make the shampoo work somehow. I really love how the stuff smells so I want to make it work!

TheHowlingWolf
October 11th, 2014, 04:15 PM
I've been thinking about ordering this but I'm still on the fence...has anyone else tried it recently?

truepeacenik
October 11th, 2014, 05:27 PM
I looked at it, but with a rose allergy, her site is a gallery of "if only."

Especially the yoni serums.

TheHowlingWolf
January 18th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Still wanting to try this...I'm currently searching for a job, so maybe if I get a good job, I'll use my first paycheck to "treat myself" with these!

TheHowlingWolf
February 2nd, 2015, 11:35 AM
My hair has been on a downward spiral. I plan on clarifying and then using Living Libations s/c. I just ordered some (4 oz bottles) last night. Part of me is thinking, "I'm so excited to try these!" The other part is thinking, "These are so freaking expensive, these better work!!!"

Nadine <3
February 3rd, 2015, 10:10 AM
I was curious until I saw the price. Good lord, does it have flecks of real gold in it? Pearls? Diamond encrusted bottles?? I think for that price it better make my hair as thick as princess Jasmines and so shiny you could see my hair from the moon...anything less would be a disappointment.

TheHowlingWolf
February 3rd, 2015, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I know....but you have to keep in mind that she makes the shampoo & conditioner herself. She does all the essential oils and grows a lot of her own ingredients. This isn't some mass produced product line that costs a lot just because it has a brand name on it, like oribe or kerastase. I believe it costs a lot because of the labor and ingredients that goes into the shampoo...I read it takes at least 1 month to make 1 batch of shampoo/conditioner.

aspartame gram
April 1st, 2015, 07:27 PM
I've been looking at this line for a while after that actress and Alanis Moressette mentioned her, she's quoted on one of the pages. I don't mind paying a decent amount for a shampoo and conditioner that will make my hair look amazing, is made my people who care about what they're doing, and makes my hair look amazing. >.>

I miiiight give in and buy a sample. I'm currently cycling through Trader Joe's shampoo and conditioner. It's all right. I feel like it doesn't really clean my hair because by the second day in I can feel it's a bit oily. After coming off of using shampoo bars (I have hard water and it was just not working), it's a little annoying to have dirty-ish hair by the second day. With the bars I could go three to four days without washing, but the middle length and ends were stiff and strange. Very porous looking. If anyone else has positive reviews about this, please post! I want more details, wah! haha