PDA

View Full Version : Having fun with "decorative braids" (and color)

hannagrrl
May 3rd, 2014, 01:36 PM
Game of Thrones and World of Warcraft has me itching to do more creative things with my blue/teal hair.
Here's what I made up the other day:
(Sorry so big, still figuring out the new interface)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10734&d=1399145655
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10733&d=1399145338

lydiajo
May 3rd, 2014, 01:58 PM
I love the color and the braids. I wish I was better at braiding.

ErinLeigh
May 3rd, 2014, 02:26 PM
SO nice! Love braided hairstyles. I want to learn to french and dutch braid so badly but cannot get it right. I always appreciate viewing creative hairstyles so I can live vicariously.

CremeTron
May 3rd, 2014, 02:28 PM
gorgeous! I love the blue and that hair styles looks awesome.

snuflan
May 4th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Love the colour and the braids :) good job!

Anabell
May 5th, 2014, 05:40 AM
I'm in love with your hair color. I love the different shades of blue and tilt in your hair. Also the hairstyle is awesome. How did you do it?

I wish my natural color was dark green of something like that... even if my hair color was bright enough to color it with manic panic I'm still too lazy to do it and also will be worry about staining everything else.

hannagrrl
May 5th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Anabell: Basically, I sectioned off the crown as though I were starting a "half-up pony", but just pinned it in place. Then I braided sections from the temples and pinned them across the previous pins to hid those first pins. Further down, I actually gathered the hair across in a pony and used a "topsy-tail" to tuck all the hair neatly (as possible). Then I repeated the process down the back my head until everything was twisted, braided, or tucked.
I forget exactly what I did with the ends, but I used clips to turn up the end of the braid and hide the messier parts of the bottom.
It was all very improvised and experimental.