PDA

View Full Version : Does Honey have protein? Trying to fix protein overdose

NativeSparrow
May 3rd, 2014, 12:16 PM
I'm trying to resolve a proton overdose. This leave in that I use had it in there & I didn't know. It happened so slowly that I didn't even realize anything was happening until my hair was out of control!! Now I'm getting splits & it's breaking off, especially on the ends where I used the leave in most frequently (trying to pamper & baby my ends). Now I'm trying to fix it so I used tre most moisturizing thing I can think of - honey mixed w olive oil or honey mixed w my regular conditioner (which is proton free). Does honey have any proton? Does my one know a good way to fix this protein problem? Any advise is appreciated :)

Johannah
May 3rd, 2014, 12:19 PM
For me personally, pure oil works best. You also can try SMT: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128. It's a mix of conditioner, honey and aloe vera gel. You also can add oil if you want.

MINAKO
May 3rd, 2014, 12:49 PM
As far as i know it doesnt contain any protein, i'm just worried because honey does the opposite for me, it dries my hair out. I know it does work nicely for some people and if it did for you previously, theres probably nothing wrong with it.