PDA

View Full Version : Criss-cross bun with ropes

eadwine
May 3rd, 2014, 05:39 AM
I was just fiddling with my hair and tried to do some more braiding on the head and came up with this. Most likely already has been invented though, but I am calling it a criss-cross bun. :lol:

You start with the front left, and then rope braid that to the front right, every time when you go under you bring a bit of hair along. Then when you reach the side, turn around and go back, taking hair along every time again, and then when you reach the left side you go back yet again. I ran out of head by this time and made a rope braid at the end, and then bunned that with Amish pins.

The thing looks classy and is comfy as heck. Enjoy.. I doubt I can make it look like this on the second try, they are always those one time shoot-and-hits *snort*

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/crisscross1.jpg

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/crisscross2.jpg

lapushka
May 3rd, 2014, 06:40 AM
Looks lovely, Eadwine. Difficult to do, though!

jacqueline101
May 3rd, 2014, 06:42 AM
I wish I had talents to create such a hair do. It's pretty I hope others appreciate it.

GrowingOut
May 3rd, 2014, 06:43 AM
Your hair is such a pretty color! The bun really makes it pop! :thud:

eadwine
May 3rd, 2014, 06:55 AM
It is dead easy! If you can do the rope braid's main mechanics (two strands rotated around each other) you can do this.

Grab some hair on the front left, I usually go from the front of the ear straight up, divide that in two and then start rotating them around each other, clockwise, making sure to grab a bit of new hair along with the strand you already have that is going across the scalp, so under the roll simply speaking so the newly added hair lays flat on your head :) It is basically the start of a crown braid, gone lopsided :lol:

Thank you so much for the compliments :D

browneyedsusan
May 3rd, 2014, 07:01 AM
Ooh! droolworthy!
So pretty and shiny!

Theobroma
May 3rd, 2014, 07:08 AM
That looks stunning and stylish and elegant and utterly thudworthy! Congratulations!

woodswanderer
May 3rd, 2014, 08:22 AM
Wow...I have never done a bun that fancy! Looks very good. Hope you can replicate it for yourself.

eadwine
May 3rd, 2014, 08:29 AM
Thank you all!! *blushing*

dellad
May 3rd, 2014, 08:35 AM
Beautiful! I wish I could do this.

eadwine
May 3rd, 2014, 08:36 AM
Thank you!

I encourage everyone to try, it is not hard at all. Just cross two sections of hair over each other and taking some hair along each time :)