PDA

View Full Version : Hair Stick on TV

Kelli Kat
May 2nd, 2014, 09:03 PM
I was watching the old show Saving Grace and in one of the episodes Grace is wearing an acrylic hair stick. First time I've seen someone wearing a toy in a TV show.

ravenreed
May 2nd, 2014, 10:05 PM
There was a character that would wear a Ficcare in her hair on some TV show that escapes my memory ATM. I think it was a medical show of some sort?

Scarlet_Heart
May 2nd, 2014, 10:16 PM
There was a character that would wear a Ficcare in her hair on some TV show that escapes my memory ATM. I think it was a medical show of some sort?

Ficcare linked to something on Facebook about them being featured on certain shows, and one of them was Grey's Anatomy. That the one?

I don't recall Saving Grace. I'll have to look it up. Did you watch it on Netflix?

Kelli Kat
May 2nd, 2014, 10:20 PM
Ficcare linked to something on Facebook about them being featured on certain shows, and one of them was Grey's Anatomy. That the one?

I don't recall Saving Grace. I'll have to look it up. Did you watch it on Netflix?

I've never seen Grey's Anatomy

I was watching Saving Grace on Netflix. It ran from 2007 - 2010 on TNT I think. Its about a cop who has a guardian angel. I used to watch when it was on. I really liked it so I'm re-watching it on Netflix.

TheHowlingWolf
May 2nd, 2014, 10:32 PM
I believe Monica on Friends wore hairsticks once. They looked acrylic and she was wearing two.

Skade
May 3rd, 2014, 03:28 AM
Iīve seen both a Ficcare and hair stick in Greys Anatomy episodes. And each time it got me stupidly excited. :) Donīt know why. Maybe cause itīs so rare to see hair toys on tv.

Marika
May 3rd, 2014, 04:17 AM
I also remember Ficcares in Grey's anatomy. I think Katherine Heigl and Sandra Oh wore them maybe in season 1 or 2.

I really liked Grace's hair in Saving Grace! It was wild like the character! :D And she had quite often a small braid in her hair.

s-a-m-a-r-k-a-n
May 3rd, 2014, 05:21 AM
I believe Monica on Friends wore hairsticks once. They looked acrylic and she was wearing two.

Yes, Rachel also did. When she was on a date in the golden mini dress.

Stellaaa
May 3rd, 2014, 08:20 AM
This thread seems like the perfect place to tell this story.

For the past two days I've been working as an extra (ballroom dancer) in a movie for the Hallmark Channel. We were asked to wear Halloween costumes, if we had them, and nothing too sexy. So DH and I wore our pirate costumes. I wore my hair in an English braid, AKA in more piratey/nautical terms, a queue. And at the top of the queue? A medium Roman Cross Flexi8 :) Here I am in line for makeup, other people have been blurred out, including the make-up lady.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/Stellaaa/ff07e13a-c505-418e-b496-441c254684b2_zps45fd34db.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Stellaaa/media/ff07e13a-c505-418e-b496-441c254684b2_zps45fd34db.jpg.html)

So if you get the Hallmark Channel (I don't), and you happen to catch a cute little movie called Midnight Masquerade, watch very closely at the scene at the Halloween party. The scene where they waltz to the Blue Danube. Don't look at the main actors (pretty as they are, and they are). Look at the other dancers. See the little pair dressed as pirates. Look very closely at her hair ...

TheHowlingWolf
May 3rd, 2014, 09:46 AM
That's so cool, Stellaaa!!!!!!!!! I really only watch the Golden Girls on hallmark, but I will def. watch out for that movie!!!!

Willowyn
May 3rd, 2014, 11:05 AM
Stellaaa, that is awesome!
Last month I saw a large matte silver Ficcare Maximas on a minor character in House of Cards. My poor husband humored me as I replayed and stopped the tiny scene over and over again, exclaiming, "LOOK! It's a Ficcare!" (If you're a HOC fan, details on where to look is on the Ficcare thread, my March 4th posting.)

Kelli Kat
May 3rd, 2014, 09:20 PM
I also remember Ficcares in Grey's anatomy. I think Katherine Heigl and Sandra Oh wore them maybe in season 1 or 2.

I really liked Grace's hair in Saving Grace! It was wild like the character! :D And she had quite often a small braid in her hair.

Yeah, she did the braid a lot and she did the feathers quite a bit too.

Very Cool Stellaaa

Sterlyn
May 4th, 2014, 03:18 PM
This thread seems like the perfect place to tell this story.

For the past two days I've been working as an extra (ballroom dancer) in a movie for the Hallmark Channel. We were asked to wear Halloween costumes, if we had them, and nothing too sexy. So DH and I wore our pirate costumes. I wore my hair in an English braid, AKA in more piratey/nautical terms, a queue. And at the top of the queue? A medium Roman Cross Flexi8 :) Here I am in line for makeup, other people have been blurred out, including the make-up lady.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/Stellaaa/ff07e13a-c505-418e-b496-441c254684b2_zps45fd34db.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Stellaaa/media/ff07e13a-c505-418e-b496-441c254684b2_zps45fd34db.jpg.html)

So if you get the Hallmark Channel (I don't), and you happen to catch a cute little movie called Midnight Masquerade, watch very closely at the scene at the Halloween party. The scene where they waltz to the Blue Danube. Don't look at the main actors (pretty as they are, and they are). Look at the other dancers. See the little pair dressed as pirates. Look very closely at her hair ...

That is very cool Stellaaa, being an extra in a movie::p. Love the long braid with the Flexi.

Not very long ago I saw a Buffy episode, that I know I've probably seen several times (die hard Buffy and Angel fan here) and I noticed she had a hair stick in her hair. I spent the rest of the scene trying to catch a glimpse and figure out what kind of stick it was. Only the hair obsessed would remotely understand.

Derp, I am such a nerd sometimes........;)

Sterlyn
May 4th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Stellaaa, that is awesome!
Last month I saw a large matte silver Ficcare Maximas on a minor character in House of Cards. My poor husband humored me as I replayed and stopped the tiny scene over and over again, exclaiming, "LOOK! It's a Ficcare!" (If you're a HOC fan, details on where to look is on the Ficcare thread, my March 4th posting.)

We watch House of cards, and somehow I missed this........ *runs off to check out ficarre thread.