PDA

View Full Version : Eco Sevi products

Arwenlily
May 2nd, 2014, 03:32 PM
I don't see any threads related these products, but I'm wondering if anyone else is using them. I've been using Eco Sevi pumpkin seed shampoo for a little over a month now and I'm loving the way it is making my hair feel. Anyone else using these products?

TheHowlingWolf
May 2nd, 2014, 10:37 PM
OOOOH I have never heard of this brand, but I googled it & I REALLY want to try the seabuckthorn shampoo & pumpkin seed conditioner!!! I promised myself I wasn't going to try any new products and I was only going to use what I know my hair likes but......I LIED :twisted::twisted::twisted: I like how they offer smaller bottles.

TheHowlingWolf
May 2nd, 2014, 10:51 PM
DANGIT! I just made an order lol.....I am so easily enabled!

Arwenlily
May 2nd, 2014, 11:03 PM
OOOOH I have never heard of this brand, but I googled it & I REALLY want to try the seabuckthorn shampoo & pumpkin seed conditioner!!! I promised myself I wasn't going to try any new products and I was only going to use what I know my hair likes but......I LIED :twisted::twisted::twisted: I like how they offer smaller bottles.

I've never tried those before but I heard the pumpkin seed conditioner is divine. I'm sorry I enabled you! lol

Let me know when you try them, I considered getting the seabuckthorn shampoo

Arwenlily
May 2nd, 2014, 11:05 PM
Here is a link for anyone else that wants to take a look: http://www.ecosevi.com

TheHowlingWolf
May 3rd, 2014, 12:04 AM
haha it's okay! I'm easily enabled. I bought the smallest size bottles and if it works, GREAT! But if they don't work then I'll just have more love & faith in my HG s/c :)

Arwenlily
May 3rd, 2014, 08:30 AM
haha it's okay! I'm easily enabled. I bought the smallest size bottles and if it works, GREAT! But if they don't work then I'll just have more love & faith in my HG s/c :)

Sounds good to me. What do you currently use?

TheHowlingWolf
May 3rd, 2014, 09:49 AM
Well right now I use Calia, but my HG s/c are Andalou Naturals Age Defying line. I was planning on using up Calia, then going back to Andalou but now I will use up Calia, try Sevi, and back to Andalou Naturals (I have back up bottles that I need to use). If I like Sevi then I will order the larger bottles after I use up my Andalou s/c. lol I have to plan this out so I don't start hoarding products!

Arwenlily
May 3rd, 2014, 07:06 PM
I actually almost bought Andalou Naturals shampoo and conditioner a little while back on a trip to Whole Foods, I'm not quite sure why I didn't purchase. I'm happy I didn't though because I'm in love with Sevi! And I completely understand what you mean about having a schedule ... I'm the same exact way.

Islandgrrl
May 3rd, 2014, 10:57 PM
You people are evil enablers, darn it! You lured me in, I fell for it, and I might have ordered a few things.

:silly:

TheHowlingWolf
May 4th, 2014, 12:13 AM
lol ^ what products did you get?

Arwenlily
May 4th, 2014, 01:39 AM
I guess I'm a good enabler (not my intention, I promise!) I also want to know what you ordered :lol:

curlsgalore
May 4th, 2014, 08:04 AM
I'm curious about these products as well. I've heard great things about the pumpkinseed conditioner...hmmm.
How are the shipping prices?

earthybee
May 4th, 2014, 09:22 AM
I wonder if this is the same Sevi from delphi forums years ago. If so I used to use her items and loved them all. She used to have a neroli toner that was heaven. Hummm

Islandgrrl
May 4th, 2014, 09:49 AM
lol ^ what products did you get?

Pumpkin seed onditioner, Seabuckthorn conditioner and the Argan Babassu hair lotion. All in small sizes to try.

Arwenlily
May 4th, 2014, 10:11 AM
I'm curious about these products as well. I've heard great things about the pumpkinseed conditioner...hmmm.
How are the shipping prices?

I think they are reasonable, for me it is $4.95. I'm sure it depends on the location though. I've also heard great things about the conditioner. But honestly, the shampoo is so moisturizing I don't even need conditioner.

TheHowlingWolf
May 9th, 2014, 02:26 PM
My package came today! & She included a free sample of the Pumpkin Seed shampoo!!!! Idk which shampoo to try first! I ordered the sea buckthorn but have read good reviews on the pumpkin seed one, and you said you like that one too! I have about 2 more uses of my current shampoo 'til it's all gone, so I'll probably try it in a week or two!

Arwenlily
May 9th, 2014, 04:17 PM
My package came today! & She included a free sample of the Pumpkin Seed shampoo!!!! Idk which shampoo to try first! I ordered the sea buckthorn but have read good reviews on the pumpkin seed one, and you said you like that one too! I have about 2 more uses of my current shampoo 'til it's all gone, so I'll probably try it in a week or two!

That's so exciting! Maybe you could try both shampoos and see if you prefer one? But I'm partial to the pumpkin seed shampoo :o I can't wait until you try them! I've been curious of the seabuckthornberry one.

curlsgalore
May 9th, 2014, 05:46 PM
I ordered some of these products as well. I will report back after I've had a chance to test them all out. :)

curlsgalore
May 9th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Pumpkin seed onditioner, Seabuckthorn conditioner and the Argan Babassu hair lotion. All in small sizes to try.

Me too along with the pumpkin shampoo, gel and body lotion...yummy. Love your new avatar pic, gorgeous!

Arwenlily
May 9th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Me too along with the pumpkin shampoo, gel and body lotion...yummy. Love your new avatar pic, gorgeous!

ooo a lot of good stuff! I can't wait to see everyone's results.

curlsgalore
May 9th, 2014, 10:41 PM
First impressions. The body lotion is Amazing <3. I love the scent and it's very moisturizing. I'm definitely ordering the larger bottle ASAP. The gel, I can tell will need a little help from a stronger gel. It's more of a light-medium hold. It's not a bad gel but I have several others that I prefer better. I will finish the sample though. The pumpkin shampoo is wonderful. It cleans without stripping and my hair feels nice. It's very gentle. The smell is nice too, not overpowering. The pumpkin conditioner is nice and rich, my hair really likes it. My hair detangled nicely and I didn't need a lot of conditioner. The sea buckthorn conditioner smells the best. It would be a great daily conditioner so I'm thinking I will buy the bigger bottle next time as well. It's a nice consistency and felt nice going on. I want to try the sea buckthorn shampoo and the serum next. Somehow the hair lotion didn't make it in my order so I've contacted them about that. I'm anxious to try it :). They shipped within 3 days and I received my package 2 days after they shipped. Great communication. :thumbsup:
Thank you for bringing my attention to these products. I will update again once I've used these a bit longer.

curlsgalore
May 9th, 2014, 10:45 PM
Oh and I forgot to mention that their samples are a generous size, 2oz(?). This is enough to get a good feel of a product.

Arwenlily
May 10th, 2014, 12:29 PM
curlsgalore I'm so happy you liked the products! The pumpkin seed shampoo just makes me so happy, I love it. I did receive a sample of the Argan Babassu hair lotion but I can't stand the smell, I can't pinpoint which ingredient in it that I don't like the smell of. I might get a sample of the seabuckthorn berry shampoo next. Let me ask you ... after you used the pumpkin seed shampoo, did you feel like you needed to use the conditioner?

curlsgalore
May 10th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Really I probably didn't need to use conditioner afterwards, but 1) it's a habit and 2) I'm a curly so always try to get in as much moisture as possible. It is moisturizing and I really like that. I wouldn't be worried about using it daily. They are sending me the hair lotion since it was missing out of my order. What does it smell like?

TheHowlingWolf
May 10th, 2014, 12:59 PM
aw, if I liked the shampoo/conditioner, I was going to try the argan babassu hair lotion.....I know you said you can't pinpoint the ingredient, but do you know what it smells like? Like how neem oil smells like burnt rotten peanuts lol. Can you describe the scent? And is it strong?

Arwenlily
May 10th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Yeah I know what you mean, usually I don't use conditioner with it though but I may start to ... maybe with the seabuckthorn berry conditioner. What does that smell like?

The argan babassu is really hard to describe but I'm about 90% sure it is one of the essential oils that is giving it the smell. The only way I can describe it is that maybe it smells a little like menthol? I'm not sure if that is the right scent for any of these essential oils: **Tangerine, *Neroli, **Myrrh, **Sandalwood. The scent is strong to me but I am very sensitive to smells. I literally just tried to give it another chance but the smell is so irritating to me that I had to go wash my hair.

Arwenlily
May 10th, 2014, 01:30 PM
or maybe it is the stinging nettle ...

Arwenlily
May 10th, 2014, 03:33 PM
I asked my husband to describe the smell and he said it smells vinegary, tangy, and kind of like rotting fruit. Lol.

curlsgalore
May 10th, 2014, 04:00 PM
I asked my husband to describe the smell and he said it smells vinegary, tangy, and kind of like rotting fruit. Lol.

Haha! That's funny. Sounds like something my husband would say :p.

Arwenlily
May 10th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Sometimes I think we should all write a book about the things our husbands say, they same some pretty hilarious things!

TheHowlingWolf
May 10th, 2014, 06:12 PM
I wish I had a hubby.....or even a boyfriend lol.
Anyway, the seabuckthorn kinda smells like a sweet citrus herbal scent lol. It's kinda strong (from the bottle). I'm used to herbal scents since switching to natural products, so while I don't think it smells good, I don't mind the scent. But I can see how others might think it smells bad if that makes sense lol.

curlsgalore
May 10th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Sometimes I think we should all write a book about the things our husbands say, they same some pretty hilarious things!

Yes! I'm trying to remember what exactly my husband said one day...something about "your long haired village"! Meaning, LHC. :p

curlsgalore
May 10th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Yes, seabuckthorn smells a little more herbal/citrusy and sweeter than the pumpkin. I actually prefer this scent but the others don't bother me. I'm anxious to try the hair lotion.

Arwenlily
May 11th, 2014, 12:59 AM
Yes! I'm trying to remember what exactly my husband said one day...something about "your long haired village"! Meaning, LHC. :p

haha I love that, so cute! I wonder if I'd like the seabuckthorn berry scent ... I wonder if it is similar to the argan babassu hair lotion. When you get the hair lotion, can you let me know if the scents are similar?

Arwenlily
May 11th, 2014, 01:02 AM
I wish I had a hubby.....or even a boyfriend lol.
Anyway, the seabuckthorn kinda smells like a sweet citrus herbal scent lol. It's kinda strong (from the bottle). I'm used to herbal scents since switching to natural products, so while I don't think it smells good, I don't mind the scent. But I can see how others might think it smells bad if that makes sense lol.

Have you tried your sample yet? :popcorn:

TheHowlingWolf
May 11th, 2014, 01:32 AM
Nah, I have to use up my current s/c first, otherwise I'll start to hoard lol. I think my current s/c will be gone in the next wash or two so I'm guessing May 18th is when I'll start using my samples lol (I circle "wash days" on my calendar to keep track and to make sure I don't over/under wash my hair)

curlsgalore
May 11th, 2014, 06:37 AM
haha I love that, so cute! I wonder if I'd like the seabuckthorn berry scent ... I wonder if it is similar to the argan babassu hair lotion. When you get the hair lotion, can you let me know if the scents are similar?

I will let you know.

Kaelee
May 11th, 2014, 06:59 AM
Ooh I'd love to try their styling serum!

Arwenlily
May 11th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Kaelee, you should definitely give it a try! I have never tried it before though.

TheHowlingWolf
May 12th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Okay so even though I said I was going to finish my current s/c....I lied! lol I tried the sea buckthorn shampoo & the pumpkin seed conditioner. My hair is still wet so I will give my review tomorrow. But, I am sad to say I don't think it will be a good review :(

TheHowlingWolf
May 12th, 2014, 10:31 PM
Well okay I guess I'll do a quick first impressions review. When I put on the shampoo, it lathered great and my scalp felt clean and even invigorated! But when I rinsed it off, my hair felt weird like I still had oil in it (I always pre poo with oil). Then I put on the conditioner. It's thick, but really hard to spread, I had to use most of the bottle. Also, it doesn't help detangle at ALL! My hair didn't feel soft/silk when I rinsed it. I blotted my hair and when I felt it, my hair felt sticky and gross. I tried to put on my detangler but my hair was clumped together. I think maybe the shampoo/conditioner didn't get the oil out of my hair, and maybe that's why my hair is acting weird and feeling gross. But I always oil my hair & I'm not willing to give it up! So if these products don't work, I'm just going to use up my current s/c & then go back to my HG s/c & probably give the rest of the samples to my mom. This is my first impression so it might change! I'll update tomorrow!

Arwenlily
May 14th, 2014, 06:28 PM
That tends to happen similarly to how shampoo bars work. If you have any left over residue from other products that may have built up, it can cause a waxy feeling. To get the best result you might have to clarify first. If you want to try using the shampoo again, maybe you can do a cowash first to get out the oil and them use the shampoo so you don't have to give up the prewash. But in all honesty, this shampoo is so gentle that you wouldn't need to do a prewash. Why would you want to continue? I'm just curious :)

TheHowlingWolf
May 14th, 2014, 08:11 PM
I like putting different oils on my scalp to help aid in scalp health & hair growth. Right now I use mustard seed oil & I love it. I love putting coconut oil on my length because it makes my hair feel so soft and aids in detangling. I've noticed my hair is in better health since doing regular pre poos with coconut oil too. I think I'll just go back to my Andalou Naturas, my HG s/c. It's gentle but gets out all the oil.....and it's cheaper! lol

Arwenlily
May 14th, 2014, 11:07 PM
Aww too bad :( But at least you gave it a try and you know you have something that works.

curlsgalore
May 24th, 2014, 09:37 AM
I'm still loving the shampoo. I tried the hair lotion only once so far but I do like it. The conditioners work very well for me so far. I have to say that I do prefer my standby gvp conditioning balm and Darcy's pumpkin conditioner but the sevi conditioners Are still good. I will see once I'm completely done with them if I'm going to reorder. The body lotion is wonderful. They all smell "herbal-y" to me, some with a little bit of sweetness to them. The shampoo might just become a staple. :)
Great customer service.