PDA

View Full Version : Will glycerine EVER wash out of my hair?!

Dreams_in_Pink
May 2nd, 2014, 05:43 AM
I prepared a scalp exfoliator using sugar and glycerine, like two weeks ago. I'm WO for 4 weeks now and glycerine hasn't left my hair; it's always coming off on my BBB as white residue and my roots feel gunky. Glycerine gunk is moving from top to bottom (i no longer have it on top of my head) but i'm tired of washing my BBB every other day and dealing with grabby hair.

What should i do? Should i do a shampoo wash to get it out for good OR wait it out, it will leave my hair eventually?

(I'm not sure which forum this belongs to, direct me if it's wrong :) )

walterSCAN
May 2nd, 2014, 06:35 AM
If it were me, I'd either shampoo or CO (not sure which would be more compatible with WO) the parts that still gunky with the glycerine. Sounds like it will take aaaages to come out on it's own, and you might be risking mechanical damage depending on how grabby (which I read and think "tangly" because that's how my hair acts) you hair is from it.

lapushka
May 2nd, 2014, 06:51 AM
I suspect it's not just the glycerine, but the combination of the sugar with the glycerine (talk about sticky mess). I'd keep clarifying and using a light to medium conditioner afterwards. Meanwhile keep the hair up, repeat until it vanishes from the hair.

Dreams_in_Pink
May 2nd, 2014, 07:06 AM
I suspect it's not just the glycerine, but the combination of the sugar with the glycerine (talk about sticky mess). I'd keep clarifying and using a light to medium conditioner afterwards. Meanwhile keep the hair up, repeat until it vanishes from the hair.

If sugar was also in there, it would be impossible to even touch my hair :D it's not "sticky", it's more like waxy. But it's not WO waxiness because my oiliest areas are dry, just the part that i used glycerine on is gunky.
I guess i'll have to use poo again :(