PDA

View Full Version : How or why does my hair tangle while in an updo?

Lindseyh
May 1st, 2014, 09:04 PM
Most days my hair is up in a nautilus/LWB/infinity bun with a stick/ficcare/flexi, so contained during all my waking hours. When I'm home for the evening it goes in a braid and even after a wash or for bed, its braided. How does my hair tangle when it doesn't have the chance to "move around"? I comb it out with a wide tooth comb at night for my sleep braid and again to put it up for the day in the morning.
Its small tangles, really closer to knots like a fairy knot. Sometimes a shed hair even gets involved and gets hung up in the knot. It's not such a massive problem, but certainly annoying and curious. Thanks!!

MeowScat
May 1st, 2014, 09:19 PM
I find this happens to me when I have my fingers playing with my scalp hair or when my head is up against a headrest / back of the couch. I wear the LWB as well, held with a hair stick.

Sometimes I'm baffled by it.

MeowScat
May 1st, 2014, 09:19 PM
Double post.

neko_kawaii
May 1st, 2014, 09:23 PM
For me, those tangles are in the little ends that have escaped the braid or bun and get rubbed on things. It is worst when I wear the same braid for 24 hrs or more.

Lindseyh
May 2nd, 2014, 08:59 AM
I feel like tangling could be my super power. Sometimes I wonder if my comb is too wide toothed and is missing them and then I'll be combing and somehow find them all.

meteor
May 2nd, 2014, 02:57 PM
Yes, this baffles me too. I think it's partly because of shed hairs being stuck in updos/braids. It's important to remove shed hairs because they create tangles and knots as they get detached from the scalp. I do pretty tight updos, but I will still get light tangles at the end of the day sometimes.