PDA

View Full Version : looking oily without being oily

LunaLuvsU
May 1st, 2014, 06:04 PM
After some treatments my hair will look oily (really shiny, and stringy) but when you touch its soft not oily. Does anyone know why this happens or have tips on how to make it not do that?

Weewah
May 1st, 2014, 06:11 PM
Maybe your hair is so moisturized that it's clumping together like how hair clumps together when it's wet. Or you're over-conditioned? A symptom of over conditioning is that it gets too soft. Not sure if that's a bad thing or not. But since you say you just did some treatments, your hair will probably go back to normal after another wash or so.

Oops slightly misread your post. Maybe next time you do these problematic treatments try reducing the moisture aspect of them and see what it does?

LunaLuvsU
May 1st, 2014, 06:19 PM
I did a coconut milk treatment and washed with some gentle shampoo with a strong witch hazel decoction. My hair wasnt really all that dry prior to treatment so it could just be over moisturized. I could try a very small dab of dawn. Thanks for responding :D
I hate being just a newbie at this stuff lol I feel like an idiot >.<

Weewah
May 1st, 2014, 06:23 PM
It's good to ask questions and figure stuff out though! I don't think the dawn would be necessary, unless you feel like using it.