PDA

View Full Version : How do you prevent lint?

Budgie
May 1st, 2014, 04:06 PM
Basically the title. I just find tangles caused by those little strings extremely frustrating.

Nadine <3
May 1st, 2014, 04:09 PM
find I have more lint if I use ol as a leave in after I shower. If I don't oil, I get none.

ravenreed
May 1st, 2014, 04:41 PM
I have mostly given up oiling because it attracts so much lint to my hair. If I do feel that I need to oil, I do is only as a pre-wash about a half hour to an hour before I get in the shower.

Larki
May 1st, 2014, 04:58 PM
I don't use oil, so I don't get any lint in my hair.

YamaMaya
May 1st, 2014, 05:00 PM
I don't really see the lint in my hair, but my tangle teezer ends up coated in this thick grey gunk after a few brushings and I have to clean it. I don't really use product other than a rinse out conditioner, and I do damp oiling, but I'm not really sure what that grey gunk is. All I really know is it's GROSS!

Budgie
May 1st, 2014, 05:09 PM
I don't really see the lint in my hair, but my tangle teezer ends up coated in this thick grey gunk after a few brushings and I have to clean it. I don't really use product other than a rinse out conditioner, and I do damp oiling, but I'm not really sure what that grey gunk is. All I really know is it's GROSS!

I get this too, but I thought mine was from dry shampoo. It's like a white/grey gunk, that seems to be made up of lint, oil, and powder.

YamaMaya
May 1st, 2014, 05:19 PM
I get this too, but I thought mine was from dry shampoo. It's like a white/grey gunk, that seems to be made up of lint, oil, and powder.

Would clarifying more often get rid of it or am I just going to have to grin and bear it?

Budgie
May 1st, 2014, 05:29 PM
I'm not sure. I don't think it's really harmful. I'd rather deal with nasty gunk than dry hair. But that's just me.

darklyndsea
May 1st, 2014, 06:18 PM
I don't get a lot of lint, and I think it's mostly because my clothes don't give off a lot of lint, if that makes sense. I barely have any reason to clean my dryer's lint trap when I do laundry. Knowing this probably isn't any help, but at least you know it's a factor.

Anje
May 1st, 2014, 06:26 PM
Keeping my hair up around home (around cats!) helps with the lint. I do find oil affects it, but I like the effects of a bit of oil enough to do it anyway, since silicones and my hair aren't allies. If I really have scads of lint but don't need to wash, a BBB is by far the most effective removal tool I've found.

Keeping Linus the cat from rubbing on my Tangle Teezer would probably help, but he loves it so much!

What's your routine? I went through a gray gunk phase when I was transitioning to WO. It did go away.

TrapperCreekD
May 1st, 2014, 06:40 PM
Simple answer: I don't. Despite my hair always being up or in a braid, it still manages to collect lint and dust particles! Even my naked hair - just S&C, no products or oils whatsoever - picks up lint.