PDA

View Full Version : Happy hair reports! :D

xoChesleyy
April 30th, 2014, 08:46 PM
I measured my hair a little over a week ago. I kept telling myself to wait until four weeks were up to do my next monthly measuring.. I have been only wearing buns, and when I took my hair down to re-bun it noticed my hair looked slightly longer than when I last looked at it. Of course, I couldn't resist measuring. I was pleased with the results- My hair has grown exactly 0.25" in nine days! :applause I am hoping to have nearly 1 inch of growth by May 21st! I have never measured or kept track of my hair growth, so I'm not sure how quickly my hair grows on average.. But for some reason I always assumed that my hair growth would be terribly slow. (Or maybe I'm just a tad impatient.. Aren't we all when it comes to hair growth? :p)

Does anyone else have any "happy hair reports" that they would like to share? :)

P.S. I have always wondered.. Does stress contribute to slower hair growth? I have a huge college exam coming up on May 20th, and I am already stressing about it. I always try to stay as stress-free as possible, but sometimes it's inevitable. :/

Yozhik
April 30th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Yay for your hair growth - that's super impressive!
I find it difficult to keep consistent hair measurements without someone else assisting me, especially since I have wurly hair that won't make up its mind how much volume it's going to have from day to day. :p

Stress does certainly contribute to slower hair growth, but usually it doesn't show up until about 3 months later (something to do with the anagen and telogen cycles of hair growth and fall), so you won't find any current stress reflecting itself in your hair growth until later. :shrug:

A hair report from me - it's been quite cooperative lately, and when I wear it down, I've been fairly consistently getting compliments on it. :D I'm pretty pleased with this, because I want it *knock on wood* to be nice for my graduation on May 29. :)

jacqueline101
April 30th, 2014, 09:22 PM
I'm happy your hair is growing. Proof that if you follow the advice here things happen for the good. Stress will cause hair to stop growing.
My hair happy report it likes the Michel Mercier brush and it's six inches from waist. I guess that's reason to be happy.

Stormynights
April 30th, 2014, 09:26 PM
I never leave my hair down, but I did today and got a compliment on it. I was so excited. My daughter was with me and she told me that everyone loves my hair. I was really shocked. I knew my family complimented me on it, but I thought they were just saying that because they love me and it really had nothing to do with my hair. Maybe I was wrong.

xoChesleyy
April 30th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Yozhik, it is a bit difficult. I had help the first time.. But this time I got impatient and did it myself. I measured it several times and got 29" every time! :) It's wonderful that you have been satisfied with your hair lately. I hope it does decide to cooperate on your graduation date! Hehe.

I agree Jacqueline. I am so glad that I'm a part of LHC- It helps me stick to my regimen. :p It is great that you are getting closer to waist length; You will be there before you know it. ;)

jacqueline101
April 30th, 2014, 09:53 PM
Yozhik, it is a bit difficult. I had help the first time.. But this time I got impatient and did it myself. I measured it several times and got 29" every time! :) It's wonderful that you have been satisfied with your hair lately. I hope it does decide to cooperate on your graduation date! Hehe.

I agree Jacqueline. I am so glad that I'm a part of LHC- It helps me stick to my regime. :p It is great that you are getting closer to waist length; You will be there before you know it. ;)

Thanks for the words of encouragement. It's great how support helps make hair grow.

ErinLeigh
April 30th, 2014, 09:55 PM
I am happy that my barely SL haircut seems to be growing out a little quicker than I realized. My 3 week progress photo (taken last week, need to do one month tomorrow in same pose)
Half inch makes such a difference in short hair so growth is probably normal..but since it looks even a wee bit longer it makes me happy. :)
I noticed yesterday I am full CBL now so cant wait to take photo. Extra week made a difference. On to the next milestone.
http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af244/coconutcraze/Mobile%20Uploads/34821a88-942d-479c-97f8-143bee84553e_zps37e821b2.jpg (http://s1012.photobucket.com/user/coconutcraze/media/Mobile%20Uploads/34821a88-942d-479c-97f8-143bee84553e_zps37e821b2.jpg.html)