PDA

View Full Version : Just how do you...

Neysa
September 15th, 2008, 08:38 PM
CO wash? I've been getting kind of hints, but no one has come out and said it. I have never really had advice about how to take care of long hair except "brush with this nylon bristle brush while you blow dry! NEVER go anywhere with a wet head!" I stopped heading that at about 10 and I've taken some of the advice about things like sticks, and oils (though I'm still not 100% on exactly how to use that!) but I did the happy healthy cleansing shampoo trick, and my hair appears moderately happy with my current products and routine...except for the ends. I thought I could take some advice, but I'm also interested in the CO thing because for years now, I thought I had dandruff due to dermatitis. My scalp gets SO itchy after two or three days of not washing that in my sleep I scratch huge chunks to bleeding point. I saw a post that stated the poster had noticed a similar problem, and CO washing alleviated it. I'd like to stop the itching. ANY help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

OH! For products currently in my shower shrine: Aussie: moist shampoo, clean and clear conditioner, spray leave in conditioner, Deeeeeeeeeeeeep (that's how they spelled it!) 3 minute miracle. Tresseme: (sp?) clarifying shampoo, smooth and silky shampoo, anti breakage conditioner, moisturizing conditioner and herbal essences long term relationships (or summat like that) shampoo and the wavy conditioner.

Thanks in advance!

MermaidGirl
September 16th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Well, for me, I got a nice conditioner with a good ingredients list (Trader Joe's Refresh conditioner - nicely cleansing, no cones) and just used several handfuls of it on my scalp to massage out the dirt and oil, and a couple handfuls down the length to massage out any dirt or environment (LA air is not very clean). I get my hair good and wet in the shower, massage the conditioner in for a couple minutes, let is sit for a minute, then rinse. I used to do CWC, and for the W would use a diluted shampoo (Trader Joe's Refresh diluted with distilled water) and would do a single W with that, and then follow with a "heavier" conditioner (Trader Joe's Nourish spa - moisturizing, no cones, lovely ingredients list), rinse that out and follow with a cold water rinse. You could probably do a CO on your head by skipping the W part of the above routine.

I am back to just doing WC as I think the CWC was part of my bad shedding problem.

HTH!

Gumball
September 16th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=18) is an article outlining basic CO techniques. It's a good starting point if you're interested. After that for more information you can check out the CO thread here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2898). Hope these prove useful for you and relieve any confusion you might have had!