PDA

View Full Version : Your hair, have you named her?

Rosa Harris
April 30th, 2014, 06:37 AM
I've become really attached to Fluff.

My husband pointed out that I have anthropomorphized her.

I say things like:

I need to order Fluff some more henna.
I need to take Fluff shopping at the beauty supply house.
Fluff is in a very bad mood today.

Fluffy is a very moody girl. Sometimes she all springy and sometimes she seems down and in a flat mood.
I swear she is as bipolar as me.

Hubby thinks it is hilarious.

Then I saw the 'don't listen to the mean lady' cartoon in another thread and I started thinking maybe I'm not the only one...

Well? You named her yet? What is her personality?

Kristabeth96
April 30th, 2014, 06:39 AM
Woah... I haven't.. But now... I'm so tempted... And just like that my hair became a her, I love her. Well I just got weirder than I already was. Not that that's saying much.

Kina
April 30th, 2014, 07:24 AM
mine is eva, for the 3 faces of eve. She's got multiple personality disorder.

eadwine
April 30th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Nope, for me that is going too far ;)

lapushka
April 30th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Nope, for me that is going too far ;)

Same here. Sorry guys, to me that's just plain *weird*!

neko_kawaii
April 30th, 2014, 09:51 AM
I have yet to read of a named mane that comes close to Naughty Mess. Mess amuses me, but that has a great deal to do with the delightful writing style of his wearer.

Since I do not approach my hair as it's own entity, it does not need its own name or personality.

Bene
April 30th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Nah, too far.

Seeshami
April 30th, 2014, 10:11 AM
I have yet to read of a named mane that comes close to Naughty Mess. Mess amuses me, but that has a great deal to do with the delightful writing style of his wearer.

Since I do not approach my hair as it's own entity, it does not need its own name or personality.

The naughty mess says, "Neko I am disappointed. You know she's my slave girl."

he's not that upset, he's delighted some one posted about him before we could.

The naughty mess says, "why do you give away my secrets!?!?!?!"

chen bao jun
April 30th, 2014, 10:15 AM
No, but its cute if you want to name yours. I know of people that have named other body parts that seem to have a mind of their own. To me, what is 'going too far' is for an individual to decide (unless of course they want to start carjacking or committing adultery or something that hurts other people). something like naming your body parts is what I would call a charming foible.
I think of my hair as an 'it'. It has things in common with a household pet--it doesn't always do what I want, it likes to be petted and stroked, washing it can be a hassle, used to be a fight before LHC. But its not a pet that I'm going to name, because I personally don't feel like it.
I have loved getting to know the Naughty Mess, I have to say. ETA: I am willing to get to know Fluff and the Python. (great story, Hele)

Hele
April 30th, 2014, 10:16 AM
amongst people i know my hair is known as The Python, but we're a weird bunch anyways :D The back story: i was at a friend's once and the TV was on in the background, it was on that Animal Planet channel. It was showing one of those "animal control officers in florida" shows and the guy was trying to wrestle a giant python into a sack. The snake was fighting back, twisting and turning and wrapping itself around his arm, and all i could think was "dang, that's exactly what it's like trying to put my hair up!" Aaaand it went from there...

eva888
April 30th, 2014, 10:25 AM
mine is eva, for the 3 faces of eve. She's got multiple personality disorder.

Oh hey there. Nice choice :wink:

ARG
April 30th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Yeah... no. Its just hair to me. No more personality than the shirt on my back, just another expression of my fashion taste.

ETA: Though, when I was new on here, The Naughty Mess confused me for a bit until I realized what it was. Cracks me up.

gonzobird
April 30th, 2014, 11:30 AM
that's even weirder then a man naming his member!

Loviatar
April 30th, 2014, 11:37 AM
No I've not named mine, but I am another great fan of The Naughty Mess.

I sometimes refer to mine as The Mop.

Kina
April 30th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Not the first time I've been called weird :D

My hair changes daily, sometimes hourly. It's been friendly to people when I've been ignoring everyone around me, it shops for itself (decided it wanted a shirt and took the hanger off the rack when I walked by), tried to strangle me in my sleep... It has... personality :D maybe a few.

I've been described more times than I can count by people who invariably name my hair as a primary distinguishing factor. Small children come up to pet it. My late partner named it, because he never knew how close to get, based on what my hair might decide to do to him.

I just go with it. :)

chen bao jun
April 30th, 2014, 11:43 AM
some people's hair definitely does have a personality, whether or not others find that wierd. Mine definitely does, so I empathize with those who are appendages of the naughty mess, eva, fluff, etc. It's not like you own it, it owns YOU.

Kina
April 30th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Oh hey there. Nice choice :wink:

mary*rose
April 30th, 2014, 11:47 AM

Haha that's funny, because I haven't named my hair, but my boobs are names "Squishy" and "Nemo" (because they're two different sizes).

Kina
April 30th, 2014, 11:48 AM
some people's hair definitely does have a personality, whether or not others find that wierd. Mine definitely does, so I empathize with those who are appendages of the naughty mess, eva, fluff, etc. It's not like you own it, it owns YOU.

exactly!

And you know what? We're on a discussion forum for hair. We talk about, think about, and spend inordinate amounts of time on hair. People on this board talk about eating for their hair, what oils they will apply, will happily slather on different types of herbs for their hair. Me. We spend a lot of time on hair.

i don't find it any stranger naming my hair than I do being willing to spend beaucoup bucks on hair toys. I just think it's another aspect of the (i'd venture to say, relatively universal) fascination that we have with the subject.

ooglipoo
April 30th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Closest I come is sometimes when I brush it out I say in my best Monty Python voice "Bring me.. a shrubbery." It turns into the big gnarly bush, so...

SunnyIC
April 30th, 2014, 01:11 PM
I haven't really, but I feel slightly tempted to now. One (weird, I guess) thing I did with my best friend back in 8th/9th grade was give names to our hearts, so yeah... I don't judge :D I think it's neat that people name their body parts, to me it means you really care/cherish it.

Kina
April 30th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Closest I come is sometimes when I brush it out I say in my best Monty Python voice "Bring me.. a shrubbery." It turns into the big gnarly bush, so...

:rollin:
moar characters

Anje
April 30th, 2014, 01:24 PM
No name, but it's earned a definite article. So it's not just "my hair", it's "the hair".

woodswanderer
April 30th, 2014, 02:21 PM
No name for my hair, but I do name vehicles. I don't really see it so weird to name hair though...this is the forum where people put monistat of their heads. Whatever floats your boat. ;)

~Abi~
April 30th, 2014, 03:50 PM

I will never be able to brush my hair again without thinking of this. ;)

dreamingstar
April 30th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Although I'm tempted to give it an "official" name, it's already called 'Stubborn Thing' - a lot. So I think I'll go with that. :)

gonzobird
April 30th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Mary Rose.... ahhhhahahah. Thats funny. As a side note, Nemo is latin for "nobody". Isn't that a sad name for a movie you thought had a cuter name? :)

Wosie
April 30th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Yeah... no. Its just hair to me. No more personality than the shirt on my back, just another expression of my fashion taste.

ETA: Though, when I was new on here, The Naughty Mess confused me for a bit until I realized what it was. Cracks me up.

Do many people here call their hair The Naughty Mess or did I misunderstand? :o

---

I haven't got a name for my hair, personally, I had never even thought of naming it. :hmm: Maybe Goldifrizz?

Hairitic
April 30th, 2014, 04:16 PM
As soon as I read the title of this thread, my mind responded with "Her name is Rosie". So I guess my mane now has a name. :p

Wosie
April 30th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Hairitic} Nice, I like it. It sounds like my name. ;) ...Your hair colour does look like rosewood!

xoChesleyy
April 30th, 2014, 04:21 PM

HAHA this made me laugh hysterically. :p
I agree though- No for me.

MINAKO
April 30th, 2014, 04:25 PM
I havent named mine, but don't find it weird at all. I sometimes had thoughts of hair acting as tentacles, being able to grab and move things as if it was alive, just for fun. My spirit animal is the octopus so it's not too far off. :eek: It's playful imagination that fuels a creative mind, way to go! ;)

SleepyTangles
April 30th, 2014, 04:25 PM
No, but I'm pretty sure my hair has tons of names for me: the Big Fat Thing that Lives Under Me, for example.

ARG
April 30th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Do many people here call their hair The Naughty Mess or did I misunderstand? :o

No, just Seeshami, but when I first started lurking I would read her posts and become utterly confused as to which member was nicknamed Naughty Mess.

Allie_snowflake
April 30th, 2014, 05:11 PM
I thought The Naughty Mess was her SO!

LunaHuntress
April 30th, 2014, 05:14 PM
No... or maybe I should say not yet. It's too short to have developed much of a personality, but once it's longer who can say?

Natalina
April 30th, 2014, 05:25 PM
It's not really a name, but I do sometimes call my hair "baby" because of how much I care about it. But I pretty much call everyone/everything I care about that, lol! (It must be annoying to some of them :p)

I don't think it's weird that people name their hair though, I think it's cute. :)

Calaelen
April 30th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Mine has been called The Decepticon for a number of years now, though I didn't really realize it. I don't refer to it as such very often, nor did I realize until now that it has its own personality. I googled Decepticon just now, and after reading the article that came up, I now realize that:

The Decepticon is the name of my hair. It is typically concerned with such things as conquering flimsy hair sticks, defeating the growth stalls, amassing large quantities of Hair Toys, developing powerful hair styles, and beating people up when braided. Not necessarily in that order.

RainbowBowser
April 30th, 2014, 05:53 PM
I call them "my pretties" when playing with my hair. I'm just not one for naming things tho XD

ARG
April 30th, 2014, 06:19 PM
I thought The Naughty Mess was her SO!

Okay, so it wasn't just me! :doh:

Weewah
April 30th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Now I feel uncreative, I don't name my hair or see it as having a mind of its own/doing whatever it wants. I just call it "my hair". I'd feel weird saying "I'm gonna put franny up", or "I'm going to wash franny now". Apparently if I were to name my hair it would be franny.

vindo
April 30th, 2014, 06:29 PM
I refer to my hair as "the mess" or "the train wreck" because of all the hair loss episodes.

I does look very crazy when all the short bits fall out from sleeping on it or when they come out of hair do's, after washing...

patienceneeded
April 30th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Nope. No name for my hair. To each their own. Who knows, someday my hair may need a name.

Stormynights
April 30th, 2014, 06:36 PM
If I named mine, it would have to be called Sybil. Most everyone is too young to get that one, but the name would fit.

Kina
April 30th, 2014, 06:49 PM
If I named mine, it would have to be called Sybil. Most everyone is too young to get that one, but the name would fit.
If mine wasn't latina, it would be sybil. I get the reference to multiple personality disorder and my hair can relate :p

ErinLeigh
April 30th, 2014, 07:23 PM
No, but its cute if you want to name yours. I know of people that have named other body parts that seem to have a mind of their own. To me, what is 'going too far' is for an individual to decide (unless of course they want to start carjacking or committing adultery or something that hurts other people). something like naming your body parts is what I would call a charming foible.
I think of my hair as an 'it'. It has things in common with a household pet--it doesn't always do what I want, it likes to be petted and stroked, washing it can be a hassle, used to be a fight before LHC. But its not a pet that I'm going to name, because I personally don't feel like it.
I have loved getting to know the Naughty Mess, I have to say. ETA: I am willing to get to know Fluff and the Python. (great story, Hele)

Very nice comment :)
I think its individualized. We talk hair so much why wouldn't some give it a little personality if they want. We speak what our hair "likes and dislikes" instead of using phrases like "responds well to" which to me already gives a mental picture of something akin to an entity.

For me though ...no, I don't even name my pets. My cat is kitty, ferret is "ferret." I suck at naming things so I could never name my hair.

chen bao jun
April 30th, 2014, 07:25 PM
No, I got sybil right away.
I can see I'm going to end up giving in on this one. The hair is going to end up with a name. Mine doesn't have multiple personality disorder. It's pretty consistent. It likes to be a poufball and that's that. However, I can't give it a cute little name like poufball, because its a poufball that eats things and multiplies..At least it multiplies hairballs...Maybe it should be called 'Tribble'? Let's see who's old enough to get that...

Kina
April 30th, 2014, 07:32 PM
I can see I'm going to end up giving in on this one. The hair is going to end up with a name. Mine doesn't have multiple personality disorder. It's pretty consistent. It likes to be a poufball and that's that. However, I can't give it a cute little name like poufball, because its a poufball that eats things and multiplies..At least it multiplies hairballs...Maybe it should be called 'Tribble'? Let's see who's old enough to get that...

got it! (I'm a not so closeted treckie, outed myself on the marimo thread)

ErinLeigh
April 30th, 2014, 07:39 PM

I got it.. I feel old. I am already a grandmother, don't need reminded age haha!

chen bao jun
April 30th, 2014, 08:00 PM
My husband is the trekkie. He has been showing me old shows for the first time. TV was banned in my house when I was growing up. My wierd foreign parents thought we should read instead, so I remain culturally challenged to this day and hubbie is trying to fix that.
I want to be a grandmother, but although I keep getting older, my kids aren't stepping up to the plate. My wretched boys won't even get married and one is about to be 30, but this is another subject...

jacqueline101
April 30th, 2014, 09:16 PM
The comb destroyer is mine it can break any plastic comb into two halves.

Stormynights
April 30th, 2014, 09:33 PM
The comb destroyer is mine it can break any plastic comb into two halves.
Name it Lizzie for Lizzie Borden.

Seeshami
April 30th, 2014, 09:41 PM
The Naughty Mess is pleased with every one posting and talking about him. He is actually the hair monster that lives on my head it started when I was planning my wedding and it actually started on my tumblr in 2011 and then snowballed from there. He was named, then became self aware and then started ruling the universe, well mine at least. I am pretty sure the majority of the insanity started in the "You know you're a long hair when"

Most people think he's funny. I think he's a jerk. There is I believe a blog post about him.... I will go dig now and look. (there is not an actual blog post about the birth of The Naught Mess)

The Naughty Mess says, "Every blog post is about me. And I am better then that guy who wears the jacket I love to get tangled in to torture my slave girl. He's so boring."

........ Mess. How many times do we have to go over the fact that you KNOW Muffin's name, you KNOW he's the husband and you just call him that guy because you're envious he's a real boy.

The Naughty Mess says, "I AM A REAL PERSON SEESHAMI" :rant:

Nah pretty sure you're a voice in my head. :rollin:

jacqueline101
April 30th, 2014, 10:00 PM
Name it Lizzie for Lizzie Borden.

It's strange you mention her. I used to have her photo in my school locker. She's one of my old favorite people.

CremeTron
May 1st, 2014, 05:12 AM
No, but now I think "she" needs one! Hmmm...

Theobroma
May 1st, 2014, 05:29 AM
Just found this thread and it's a riot!

But I am so not naming my own hair. It's got way too much personality already, if I start treating it like an individual it'll go completely out of control! :p

Stray_mind
May 1st, 2014, 05:32 AM
Frizzbie is my hairs' name... Because no matter what I do, it's still a giant frizz ball.

Wosie
May 1st, 2014, 06:19 AM
Frizzbie is my hairs' name... Because no matter what I do, it's still a giant frizz ball.

Hey, my Goldifrizz should get acquainted with your Frizzbie! Then again, imagine what sorts of hazards they would pose together... :uhh:

Freija
May 1st, 2014, 07:02 AM
I love this thread! My hair definitely has a personality and a life all of (his?) own, but no name. Which is really, really odd - I generally name and anthropormorphise everything I touch. My computers especially have all had names and personalities, and my partner has started now, too - his favourite chef's knife is called 'Mr. Pointy'.

Braidmaid
May 1st, 2014, 07:59 AM
This thread is hilarious! I haven't named my hair, but just about everything else from my car to my many musical instruments! I guess I'll call my hair "Glory", after I Corinthians 11, although sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't!

Stray_mind
May 1st, 2014, 08:07 AM
Hey, my Goldifrizz should get acquainted with your Frizzbie! Then again, imagine what sorts of hazards they would pose together... :uhh:
I can imagine shudder: And i also could add Electric to my hair name for it to be Electric Frizzbie, because since that horrible day when the hairdresser flat ironed my hair it became static and when i go even near it with plastic comb, it starts crackling and "jumping" up....

Stormynights
May 1st, 2014, 09:42 AM
Is it dancing with the stars?

Theobroma
May 2nd, 2014, 10:50 AM
Actually I think I'm going to take back what I said upthread about refusing to name my hair. I found an old pic in my albums of my hair, air-dried, wurly, and loosely twisted into a hugely fluffy cinnabun, and the caption I gave that photo is the perfect name for my wannabe-anarchic mane.

Hair, I hereby dub thee... Le Floof. :D

Unofficial_Rose
May 2nd, 2014, 12:16 PM
My Preciousssss....

LunaHuntress
May 2nd, 2014, 12:26 PM
My Preciousssss....

LOVE IT!! Wish I'd have thought of that. Hmm... reading all the replies is making me want to name mine now. *off to think*

pixldust
May 2nd, 2014, 01:25 PM
My hair is generally referred to as something like 'bloody barnet' or 'that ridiculous stuff growing out of my head'. I have to say, I'm kind of tempted to try and name it now...

ExpectoPatronum
May 2nd, 2014, 01:27 PM
My family (and myself now) refer to my hair as "the beast."

two_wheels
May 2nd, 2014, 02:12 PM
Interesting- I really don't see my hair as a separate entity. I think of it like I think of my figure- predisposed to go a certain way, and it will never be drastically different, but small variations are up to me. I joke about it having a mind of its own, but it doesn't feel like that, you know? I can see that some other people feel differently, even though it's all a bit of fun, which is pretty fascinating to me.

ashke50
May 3rd, 2014, 04:24 AM
I usually name everything (computer, phone, house, etc) but for some reason it doesn't feel right to name my hair. Maybe it just feels too much like part of me to be given a separate identity!

Loving some of the names in this thread though, lots of clever creativity!

Sarahlabyrinth
May 3rd, 2014, 04:36 AM
I love the idea of naming my hair! I treat it a bit like a pet I guess, take it for walks, pet it, discipline it, get frustrated with it, enjoy washing it. I'm not very imaginative though. Does anyone have any suggestions for a name for my hair? (It does misbehave on a regular basis). I know - "Imp". The Imp. Definitely male as he likes to tease me.

Bagginslover
May 3rd, 2014, 04:59 AM
My hair definitely has personality (it is highly introverted, it plays up something terrible when it knows I have a social function to attend!) but it hasbn't yet let me know its name, nor its gender even (again, introverted!). I'm sure it will one day though.

I don't see it a wierd at all, no wierder than anyhting else wo do on here, and not on here for that matter!

Skade
May 3rd, 2014, 06:00 AM
Not a official name really. I just sometimes call it Houdini because it escapes most hair styles..

rags
May 3rd, 2014, 06:51 AM
Not a official name really. I just sometimes call it Houdini because it escapes most hair styles..

Hey, that's been my hairs name for years now! :p. that, or wussy hair, as its so thin.

serin blackwood
May 3rd, 2014, 08:33 AM
Very nice comment :)
I think its individualized. We talk hair so much why wouldn't some give it a little personality if they want. We speak what our hair "likes and dislikes" instead of using phrases like "responds well to" which to me already gives a mental picture of something akin to an entity.

For me though ...no, I don't even name my pets. My cat is kitty, ferret is "ferret." I suck at naming things so I could never name my hair.

That's funny, I have an acquaintance with a few cats, and discovered that she didn't name them when I was sitting at her messy table and a postcard was on the top of a pile of mail addressed to "The Grey One Jones". It was a vaccine reminder from her vet - she said they insisted on a name, so she calls them "the grey one, the black one" etc... lol!

I'm growing out henna to grey, maybe I should christen it "The Grey One" in honor of the achievement (:

CremeTron
May 4th, 2014, 01:48 PM
That's funny, I have an acquaintance with a few cats, and discovered that she didn't name them when I was sitting at her messy table and a postcard was on the top of a pile of mail addressed to "The Grey One Jones". It was a vaccine reminder from her vet - she said they insisted on a name, so she calls them "the grey one, the black one" etc... lol!

I'm growing out henna to grey, maybe I should christen it "The Grey One" in honor of the achievement (:

OMG, I am shocked at how much I am laughing at this. I actually have tears in my eyes..

Seeshami
May 4th, 2014, 02:08 PM
If I named my cats by colors Keiky would be the striped one, Squeek would be the black fat one and Quin would remain Tummy White. Lol!!!

Verdandi
May 4th, 2014, 03:08 PM
I realized I have. I though naming ones hair was kinda silly to do, but I guess I'll have to swallow my pride and admit I named mine a long while ago too, I just never thought of it as a name.
I dindn't give it a pretty or creative name as you ladies did though, it's named "Eländet" in Swedish, which pretty much means "The Misery" in English... :p

Carolyn
May 4th, 2014, 05:02 PM
No. I don't really like the idea of naming my body parts. I'm very hair obsessed but no I'd never name it. I wouldn't name a car either. I might name something like a vacation cabin but that's as far as I would go. This thread is amusing but it's not going to inspire me to name my hair.

Larki
May 4th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Nope. My hair doesn't have any more personality than the floor does, it's really very boring hair. Just stuff on my head.

mary*rose
May 5th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Actually, gonzobird, that makes a lot more sense. I could never understand what a fish had to do with the sea captain of Verne's novel...

Moominmamma
May 5th, 2014, 03:56 PM
I never realised that other people did this, I thought it was just me! For reasons that would be obvious if I could work out how to put photos on this forum, my hair is called Voldemort ................

turtlelover
May 5th, 2014, 10:45 PM
Medusa!!!! :agree:

MungoMania
May 6th, 2014, 12:25 AM
I've named my girls :p but not my hair. Maybe I'll call her Rapunzel after her idol?

YvetteVarie
May 6th, 2014, 01:35 AM
Its not an official name, but I refer to my hair as "preciousssss". Mainly because I do not let anyone else lay hands on her. And if they try to do it, I will bite them :patrol:

Youngjae
May 6th, 2014, 03:01 AM
I can't say I thought of that before but then again, I name everything (My pen is called Jillette and my mobile is called tellerphone, crested pigeons are spike Milligan, the three magpies that hang out in my backyard are Fred, Youngjae and Gobbles not to mention that I have nicknames for all of my teachers) so why not name my hair? Hmmm... Sir scruffles sounds like a good name to me.... I shall go with sir scruffles and stick pins into him!!!

HintOfMint
May 6th, 2014, 01:44 PM
b
I realized I have. I though naming ones hair was kinda silly to do, but I guess I'll have to swallow my pride and admit I named mine a long while ago too, I just never thought of it as a name.
I dindn't give it a pretty or creative name as you ladies did though, it's named "Eländet" in Swedish, which pretty much means "The Misery" in English... :p

Aww! I will say, the Swedish word is quite beautiful to my English-understanding ears.

Red'N'Curly
January 6th, 2015, 12:20 PM
No. I have not named my hair. Though, I recently announced to my husband that since my mom tummy is appearantly here to stay, her name is Beatrice.

Belle Paix
January 6th, 2015, 01:32 PM
Oh now I'm so tempted!....It'll have to be something good though....Maybe after a character in a book?

CremeTron
January 6th, 2015, 01:58 PM
No but now I want a hair name...

Islandgrrl
January 6th, 2015, 02:14 PM
My hair has no name of its own, although I often refer to it as The Hairball it has not been officially named as such.

AmberJewel
January 7th, 2015, 07:30 PM
No, my hair has not been named, but I've been secretly seeking a name for it ever since discovering this thread. Nothing really seems to fit though.

Key
January 7th, 2015, 08:03 PM
I haven't named my hair, but I used a male pronoun for it once... so if I would, it would probably be a boy's name.

RapunzelKat
January 7th, 2015, 10:09 PM
My hair's name is Lola. Because this is me when it's down... :cool:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OdfCL9ezQYc

CrazyGrace
January 7th, 2015, 10:50 PM
I haven't, but it does occasionally try to attack me. I'm afraid that giving it a name would only encourage it.

Okay, so it wasn't just me! :doh:
Definitely not, I figured out something was up when she referred to Mr. Mess and Muffin in the same post, but it still took a while to sort out.

Hair, I hereby dub thee... Le Floof. :D
It's perfect

veryhairyfairy
January 8th, 2015, 08:03 AM
My hair isn't sentient enough for a name, so much like my cats, I call it what it's acting like. Most of the time it behaves well enough that I don't need to talk to it, but when it's being bad I'll mutter things like "don't be such a butthead" while I'm combing, and then say louder "don't be such a butthead" to the kitty trying to open the bathroom door to get in. :lol:

No. I have not named my hair. Though, I recently announced to my husband that since my mom tummy is appearantly here to stay, her name is Beatrice.

:rollin: I named my little belly The Potato because that's what it's made of! (and it feels like a plate of mashed taters)

Scarlet_Heart
January 8th, 2015, 08:45 AM
I can be pretty creepy about my hair, but no... I have not named it.

Although... I have dubbed the result of my recent compulsion for spontaneity "The Tragic Bangs."

EdG
January 8th, 2015, 09:12 AM
I have recently named my hair the Silver Swirl.

Of course, it's a Silver Swirl only when bunned. Otherwise, it's a Silver Streak.
Ed

proo
January 8th, 2015, 12:22 PM
My hair isn't sentient enough for a name, so much like my cats, I call it what it's acting like. Most of the time it behaves well enough that I don't need to talk to it, but when it's being bad I'll mutter things like "don't be such a butthead" while I'm combing, and then say louder "don't be such a butthead" to the kitty trying to open the bathroom door to get in. :lol:

:rollin: I named my little belly The Potato because that's what it's made of! (and it feels like a plate of mashed taters)
I didn't really name mine, but it looked like 1 can of beer, sideways, instead of a 6pack - snort!
Btw it's gone now and end of hijack.

AmberJewel
January 9th, 2015, 05:09 PM
My hair is definitely sentient but it's the quiet type. It is tamable yet silently resents updos, showing it's disapproval by tangling nape-hairs around necklace clasps, buttons, etc., and poking bits out of buns. It also has a bushy tail (ends). Any ideas about a name? I'm terrible at this. :o

LunaHuntress
January 10th, 2015, 12:19 AM
Still haven't found my hair's name but I found this on Pinterest:

"My hair is divergent. It can not be controlled."

So... I guess "Divergent" is up for grabs if anyone wants it. :p

animetor7
January 10th, 2015, 01:41 AM
The kraken, mainly so that when let down from a bun I can say "Release the kraken!" Also, it tends to attack snuggle partners, human or feline.

squirrrel
January 10th, 2015, 02:08 AM
I've been following this thread for a while now... First thought on reading it was 'well, I've heard of people naming cars, so why not name your hair? It's with you for longer, as a rule...'. Since then I've been pondering, and it seems to be coming down on a nickname of 'Eski' or similar. This would be as a sort for Escapades, or if I'm really frustrated with it Fine Hair Escapades! I tend to find that five minutes after brushing it looks like I've not had a brush near it for days, it loves to weave itself out of updo's, just Loves windswept looks of varying descriptions, and seems to have a talent for getting into whatever mischief it can find...

gnome82
January 10th, 2015, 02:20 AM
I named my hair Lilith :toofers:

Bambi
January 10th, 2015, 02:56 AM
Hmm maybe Maleficent? Hahahaha!!!! DBF would agree, he loves my hair but it's like it wants to attack him occassionally:).