PDA

View Full Version : has anyone else noticed significant growth from using Eggs?

hair jim
September 15th, 2008, 07:16 PM
i have used eggs about twicw a week for the last few months, and my growth has picked up, i think my nails grow quicker too(i have to trim(my nails) the more frequently).
~jim

kowlrea
September 16th, 2008, 09:17 AM
from applying on the hair/scalp or eating them ?

Islandgrrl
September 16th, 2008, 09:20 AM
How are you using the eggs? Internally or externally?

chrissy-b
September 16th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Ha! I had the exact same question.

hair jim
September 20th, 2008, 04:38 AM
external useage, yolks only.

Ms Monnie
September 20th, 2008, 06:13 AM
Sulphur, found in egg yolks, is a good growth enhancer.

Shanarana
September 20th, 2008, 06:21 AM
Off to buy a couple dozen eggs.....one dozen for hair, and one dozen to eat. :)

Fantak
November 7th, 2008, 03:07 PM
hair_jim: I like the idea of egg yolks much better than monistat. Can you give us more info on the whole process? (how many eggs you use? Is it just on the scalp? How long has it taken to see results? How long do you leave it on? Have you ever made a hair omelette?)

Ty ^.^;

Aisha25
November 7th, 2008, 05:14 PM
I use eggs to but for me I have to say that I see new growths more than gaining length:).

harley mama
November 7th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Eggs only make me get more hair horizontally! My hair hates the extra protein.
It gets huge and frizzy and the curl goes away. I stick to eating them now!

Bene
November 7th, 2008, 07:04 PM
if it's cheaper than monistat, i'm soooooo camping out in this thread for details :)

plainjanegirl
November 7th, 2008, 07:06 PM
I'm interested in all the details of this too.

Jessikinz
November 7th, 2008, 07:08 PM
I like this idea, I wanna know more about how you are using the eggs. Can you please explain this? More reason for me to start using eggs, and eating them too!

maliha
November 7th, 2008, 07:13 PM
I use a whole egg just not yolks will that makes any difference in the growth,,And many a times i mix lot other stuff with this egg like methi powder,oils.

I am not sure but currently using once in two weeks, as i have read sumwhere more protein can also lead to hair breakage , so it may also depend on what type of hair one has,,,

holycannoli
November 10th, 2008, 09:38 AM
I definitely want some details on this! I washes with egg yolks for a week or two but gave up because of the eggy smell. Details please!!

spidermom
November 10th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Bleh; the smell of raw eggs makes me feel a little pukey.

logica_divina
November 10th, 2008, 01:28 PM
I use eggs both as a shampoo (whole egg, 1 ts lemon juice, 1 ts ACV) and deep treatment (yolk only) combined with some other ingrediants.

hipmama1970
November 11th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Ooh, I need to know more! Fascinating...

CaityBear
November 11th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I've used eggs a bit, but have just stopped...I don't quite know why.

I should start again....hmmm

Bene
November 13th, 2008, 06:09 PM
ok, so i did some research and came across another hair site where ppl are talking about an egg and hair treatment:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=35636&PN=1

from what i can see, it's generally 2 egg yolks mixed with EVOO, and wrapped up for a while before shampooing.... i'm also seeing that it doesn't make hair grow, but helps prevent shedding. my hair loves protein so i'll give this a shot tonight.

edit: eggs are COLD. i'm going to have to leave them out of the fridge for a few hours before i can use them hahahahahahaha

~GypsyCurls~
November 13th, 2008, 06:23 PM
The protein in them probably helps hair strength...

Last week, I used a treatment containing an egg, but the recipe specified to only use the white. I'm not sure of any long term effects since I've only done it once. I want to try to use the yolks, or the whole thing if that's good for the hair!

To those that use Monistat- try finding some antifungal cream at the dollar store! As long as you don't care about the brand name, since the active ingredient and amount of it are the same...

Bene
November 13th, 2008, 06:43 PM
ok, i read more into the thread at the other place, some ppl add honey so, i've sort of made a variation of SMT's hair stuff

2 egg yolks
about a tbs of honey (nuked so it doesn't bleach my hair)
about 2 tbs of EVOO
and i eyeballed about 3 tbs of a no-cone conditioner into it.

applied to damp hair. it's up in plastic wrap, and i've got a winter hat over it to keep everything nice and warm. i'll shampoo and condition in a few hours, and of course do an ACV.

edit:

ok, i rinsed it out and shampooed with some liquid castile soap and then used a no-cone conditioner. shower duties, and then a good rinse in cool water and some ACV

hair is up in a towel now, but while i was washing and rinsing, i noticed significantly LESS shedding. just 3 strands as opposed to the normal 10 or 12. also, it felt smooth and tangle free. i'm thinking next time i do this (in about 2 or 3 days), i'll use the whole egg, instead of just the yolk. so far, so good.

ChloeDharma
November 14th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Egg whites are astringent which i'm imagining is usefull is cleansing but if you have dry hair and plan on using them then i'd tread carefully. I've used the yolks in the past and the first time my hair shined like glass, but the smell lingered for ages and took a few washes to finally get rid of.

plainjanegirl
November 14th, 2008, 08:12 AM
I think the eggs are good for your hair by eating them. Maybe I need to eat more eggs.

Payal80
November 18th, 2008, 11:51 PM
I get scalp infection if I use eggs on my hairs.

Aisha25
November 19th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I get scalp infection if I use eggs on my hairs.
Ooh thats too bad I wonder if your allergic to them or something?

lora410
November 19th, 2008, 12:05 PM
My hair and eggs do not get alone well,and then smell is just ugh

lora410
November 19th, 2008, 12:11 PM
If you want the sulfer just start taking MSM. It is a form that is found naturally in the body.

Shadow
December 16th, 2008, 03:27 AM
I've just started usng egg in a once weekly treatment (I mix an egg with a little mayo, apply and leave for an hour before washing out). I may try switching to using just yolks instead of the whole egg....

GibsonGirlV
December 16th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Hmm, this is tempting. I wonder how it would work in addition to the MN I'm currently using (I love MN so far btw). I'm not sure how much my hair will love the added protein. If I remember correctly, in the past my hair hasn't been super fond of eggs. I guess i could just put it on the roots...

Perhaps I'll just look into adding MSN/hair vitamins/biotin to my MS routine. I've done hair vitamins and biotin in the past without huge results but it might be worth another try.

janeytilllie
December 28th, 2008, 06:02 AM
I washed my hair with 2 whole eggs. I did this for maybe a year and my hair loved it my hair seemed thick and had new growth :D but the only thing i didnt like was the cool rinses because if i used warm, scambled egg time in hair lol :p

im using organic soap now and my hair really loves that i might go back to eggs in the summer when its warmer for cool rinses lol :D

jasper
December 28th, 2009, 05:21 AM
I use eggs both as a shampoo (whole egg, 1 ts lemon juice, 1 ts ACV) and deep treatment (yolk only) combined with some other ingrediants.
I have a couple of eggs that are a bit past their "best by" date, so I'm going to try this with one of them.

Last time I left eggs in the fridge too long, I tried an egg yolk and honey "deep" treatment, but I was so thoroughly paranoid about washing it out that I may have washed all the effects away.

melikai
December 28th, 2009, 11:19 AM
I was doing egg and honey washes for a while (Finoriel's recipe), and was having 1" growth per month for a few months. However, I was also eating more protein in general.
I haven't been doing them for the last couple of months, and my growth has slowed dramatically, to almost nothing in December. Could be related.

I've started ingesting more protein though, so if that increases my growth rate again, then I'll know it wasn't the egg shampoos.

bumblebums
December 28th, 2009, 11:37 AM
I use one egg yolk beaten in a little cold water, about every other week. Always followed by a weak acidic rinse.

I haven't noticed any increased growth from it, but it is my favorite and most reliable hair wash method. I wish it didn't work so well--I would love to rely on vegan washes exclusively. It's just so easy and effective, whether it causes my hair to grow faster or not.

hmmm
December 28th, 2009, 01:23 PM
I have better results from eating the eggs. I can't definitively say because I eat two a day quite often, but I get very good growth.

Liss
December 28th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Eggs can help hair growth when they are eaten because they contain a natural source of Biotin (vitamin B7). It's also found in cauliflour and spinach, along with some other foods.

It's the egg yolk that contains it, but if you eat a lot of egg whites only, it can block the absorption of biotin. So don't forget the yolks in your omlets :)

Henrietta
August 13th, 2010, 08:28 AM
My chamistry teacher told us that after a year of using eggs as a poo, her daughter discovered a little bunches of new hair on her scalp. Eggs woke up her hair follicles:D So... there must be something in this theory, indeed.

Joliebaby
August 13th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Eggs have sulfur :) That could be the explanation on why using them as shampoo would fasten growth. I've been eating my eggs too - usually two raw eggs in a smoothie. I do like omelettes as well, but I don't always feel like eating eggs, and you can't taste the raw eggs in a smoothie at all.
I only buy organic free range eggs :)