PDA

View Full Version : Strange grease like patch

diddiedaisy
April 29th, 2014, 06:41 AM
Hi all, I wondered if anyone could help me.

I have developed a patch of hair on the back of head starting at the crown and is about the size of my hand. It feels and looks like grease and also seems heavy. It doesn't wash out.

I have had had this once before after my mum died. It lasted about two months. So I presume it's something to do with stress or hormones.

Im on my second day and can't stand the thought of it lasting another couple of months.

Has as anyone else had this before and if so how did you get rid of it.

Thanks

lapushka
April 29th, 2014, 07:17 AM
Might it be the way you wash your hair? It could be better to wash in sections, so to give each section of your head (top, back, sides) a glob of shampoo then rub each part separately and rinse well (rinsing well is also important). If it's not the way you wash, I have no answers. :)

Seeshami
April 29th, 2014, 07:21 AM
I'd try to clarify and chelate.

I use to have a weird spot under the first few layers of hair at the back of my neck at it was a washing and rinsing problem like Lapushka said

Madora
April 29th, 2014, 07:22 AM
Perhaps it is what you're using on your hair? Maybe clarify then use only a diluted shampoo and diluted conditioner...and keep everything else off your scalp.

diddiedaisy
April 29th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Thanks, I'm in the UK can anyone suggest a good clarifying shampoo?

Rio040113
April 29th, 2014, 09:02 AM

I love Joico's clarifying and chelating shampoo, a little pricy but it does last a while and gives (me) great results! :)

YamaMaya
April 29th, 2014, 11:52 AM

I just use a cheap bottle of Alberto Balsam.

Demi-Plum
April 29th, 2014, 02:55 PM
I had a patch on the top of my head that felt "waxy" and made my hair always look greasy. It just went away a couple of weeks ago and I had it happen once before. Shampooing and clarifying didn't really work. I read somewhere on here that actually trying conditioner (leave it on 30-60 minutes) could help. I did notice once that after I used a mask my hair seemed to get better, it could be because of the conditioning effect. If you can't get it to go away via clarifying you can at least try this method out. I found out about it after mine went away so I didn't get a chance.

diddiedaisy
April 29th, 2014, 03:33 PM
I had a patch on the top of my head that felt "waxy" and made my hair always look greasy. It just went away a couple of weeks ago and I had it happen once before. Shampooing and clarifying didn't really work. I read somewhere on here that actually trying conditioner (leave it on 30-60 minutes) could help. I did notice once that after I used a mask my hair seemed to get better, it could be because of the conditioning effect. If you can't get it to go away via clarifying you can at least try this method out. I found out about it after mine went away so I didn't get a chance.

Yes it is waxy. How long did it last for?

MINAKO
April 29th, 2014, 04:34 PM
My underlayers always do feel kind of a bit waxy at the roots, not dramaically, but still more then at the crown. I actually like it because it takes the volume out, and i can say that i neglect it on purpose while CO washing :silly:. Keeping your hair parted in that area while you wash sure should help to disribute the shampoo more efficient. Seems like the detergent in your current one isnt strong enough to deal with it, but i wouldnt use something harsherer on my entire head, just because of that spot. If its only there and otherwise no problems with the rest oft the hair, i would target this and nothing else while clarifiying.