PDA

View Full Version : Henna and salt spray?

Hollyfire3
April 28th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Hey guys I'm back! Anyway, just curious since I started hennaing my hair...can I still use salt spray (with either epsom or regular salt and lots of conditioner) to define my wurls without worrying about the henna being ruined?

Anje
April 28th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Oh, henna is practically impossible to hurt. That's one of the reasons why a few of us who are experienced with it harp on the "you know henna is orange, right?" thing. There's not much you can do that'll budge it, though a few people have seen it darken with heat styling.

Hollyfire3
April 28th, 2014, 08:51 PM
Oh, henna is practically impossible to hurt. That's one of the reasons why a few of us who are experienced with it harp on the "you know henna is orange, right?" thing. There's not much you can do that'll budge it, though a few people have seen it darken with heat styling.

Yay so I'm good? That makes me delighted to hear this...I love my hendigoed hair and want it to stay around as long as possible...

Hairitic
April 30th, 2014, 05:22 PM
You could always do a test on a small strand of hair perhaps at the base of your scalp. Ponytail it off with a tiny rubber band, spray only that strand. Let it dry then wash it the way you normally would. See if there's any difference between that strand and the rest of your hair? Even if there is, it's hair that's pretty well hidden underneath. :cool: