PDA

View Full Version : Velcro like ends

zirena
April 27th, 2014, 12:28 AM
So, not sure what's happened but all of a sudden my ends feel very velcro like. When I run my fingers through my hair they feel incredibly dry and like I'm pulling them apart like velcro! They're not necessarily tangled though, just that really awful velcro feeling. shudder:

Anyone have an idea as to why this is? I clarified 2 washes ago so I don't think it's build up. Do I possibly need a protein treatment?
Much appreciated!

Youngjae
April 27th, 2014, 12:35 AM
Hmmmm.... Can't say I really know but have you tried to put hair oil or something like that on it? That worked for me... I think I used to have what you're describing but that didn't happen all of a sudden (I had it before I started taking proper care of my hair).... I'm sorry that's all I can really think of....

zirena
April 27th, 2014, 01:01 AM
Hmmmm.... Can't say I really know but have you tried to put hair oil or something like that on it? That worked for me... I think I used to have what you're describing but that didn't happen all of a sudden (I had it before I started taking proper care of my hair).... I'm sorry that's all I can really think of....

I put more than my usual amount of coconut oil through my hair and it seems like my hair is just... drinking it?! Normally my hair can look oily easily, maybe that's an indicator that it just needs a lot of extra moisture since the weather in the last week has become really cold and dry.

ExpectoPatronum
April 27th, 2014, 01:45 AM
I'd say clarify and THEN do a good deep treatment. Do that a couple times. If it doesn't help, I'd think about doing a mini-trim.

zirena
April 27th, 2014, 04:51 AM
I'd say clarify and THEN do a good deep treatment. Do that a couple times. If it doesn't help, I'd think about doing a mini-trim.

Looks like an intensive treatment is definitely on the cards!

jacqueline101
April 27th, 2014, 05:45 AM
Mine did this at the root line on the under side. Mine has also been dry and tangly. I'm also shedding hair not a lot but a little. It might be trapped shed hairs that tangle. I'm doing weekly deep conditioning treatments and moisture enriched routine.

Anje
April 27th, 2014, 05:56 AM
Depends a lot on your hair, but mine actually starts forming little hooks and sticking to other strands when I have too much protein exposure. Moisture treatments like SMTs are the best thing I've found to recover from that, if that's what it turns out to be for you.

zirena
April 27th, 2014, 06:10 AM
Depends a lot on your hair, but mine actually starts forming little hooks and sticking to other strands when I have too much protein exposure. Moisture treatments like SMTs are the best thing I've found to recover from that, of that's what it turns out to be for you.

I do have bleach from highlights on the majority of my hair. I've never tried SMT before.. might be about time hey! :smile:

lapushka
April 27th, 2014, 07:08 AM
I do have bleach from highlights on the majority of my hair. I've never tried SMT before.. might be about time hey! :smile:

Should have said earlier you have bleached hair. Then it might actually be from a lack of protein. Bleached hair absorbs protein like no other. I'd clarify then do a protein treatment followed by moisture (moisturizing conditioner).

zirena
April 28th, 2014, 02:35 AM
Should have said earlier you have bleached hair. Then it might actually be from a lack of protein. Bleached hair absorbs protein like no other. I'd clarify then do a protein treatment followed by moisture (moisturizing conditioner).

No idea why I left out this vital information haha, will have to try it.