PDA

View Full Version : This article is awesome!

gonzobird
April 26th, 2014, 08:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S52Qtlv2o5U

I'm raising my white flag.

MINAKO
April 26th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Thanks for sharing, it's uhm very insightful and i would agree that's how a male mind would see things in most cases. Tho for me there will never be a way around wanting it to be healthy. Compromising quality for length wouldnt work for me. But then again i suppose he's talking about the average sort of "long" and not anything around classic length.

Wavelength
April 26th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Uhh, have you read some of those comments? There's an undertone of misogyny in there (and in the article itself) that makes me very uncomfortable. I grow my hair because I want to, not to attract men -- and if those were the types of men I was attracting, I'd get a pixie cut!

Lady Mary
April 26th, 2014, 09:36 PM
Oh no! Some weirdo won't find my short hair sexy! :puke: Like anyone cares what he thinks. Gross.

MINAKO
April 26th, 2014, 09:38 PM
Uhh, have you read some of those comments? There's an undertone of misogyny in there (and in the article itself) that makes me very uncomfortable. I grow my hair because I want to, not to attract men -- and if those were the types of men I was attracting, I'd get a pixie cut!

Yepp, i agree! The article itself doesn't state facts, but rather a certain point of view. I prefer deciding on my hair for my own good as well. Some of the comments are very sexist but others do have a more open mindset. I think short hair can be lovely as well. Looking at my mom proves that less than shoulder length doesnt necessarily mean a person cant look feminine. :)

Nedertane
April 26th, 2014, 09:39 PM
This article is not "awesome," it is misogynistic drivel. Do some research into "game" websites, like this one. You'll quickly be disgusted, and perhaps ironically, very tempted to cut your hair.

Larki
April 26th, 2014, 11:25 PM
Ugh. Why can't women have their hair short/long because they want it that way?

LadyCelestina
April 27th, 2014, 02:09 AM
I think it's just an opinion,which the author is trying to rationalize using arguments which are,sadly,completely non-valid.
While I think both genders look more attractive with long hair,I doubt anyone in this world is going to grow out their hair to attract me.The author,on the other hand,seems to think the opposite.

DragonLady
April 27th, 2014, 02:28 AM
Repeat after me:

"Ladies, we're not here to decorate anyone's world."

Wear your hair the way YOU like it.

White
April 27th, 2014, 02:55 AM
This is just wrong.... I can understand from evolutionary point of view why men are attracted to long shiny hair (not damaged, the guy has a problem, in nature damaged, brittle hair is indicator of sickness or malnutrition if we want to follow his logic), since it is the indicator of health and that you've been healthy for a long time since it is shown on the hair, so you can produce strong and healthy offspring,but this works for women as well and we do not find males with short hair unattractive because they have short hair. That's just... it's silly.
It's like saying that men do not find women with smaller boobs attractive, since larger breasts can signalize the male that female can nurse the child. Ok, it's still true that men in general like somewhat larger breasts but I don't know any man who will turn down the woman ONLY because she has smaller breasts. We don't live in caves anymore. We find people attractive or unattractive on a whole set of physical features, not just hair.

lazuliblue
April 27th, 2014, 03:09 AM
That is such a sexist, ridiculous, demeaning article.

Edit: And as DragonLady said, we are not here to decorate anyone else's world!

Wosie
April 27th, 2014, 03:34 AM
I never understood why some people feel they have the right to decide on how others should look like. Some people actually think short hair looks nice on them and prefer that look over long hair, and isn't the hair we grow on our own heads ours?

I remember when I said I was going to cut my hair very short in a chat I was in, and some of the guys in there started talking badly about short hair and "I hate it when women cut off their hair" and "short hair is ugly on women" and similar antics. It actually seemed like they were trying to put me off doing it. I will never understand. It's a personal choice. I mean, I'm not out to attract these kind of men anyway (!). They have very unappealing personalities to me.

rohirrrims
April 27th, 2014, 03:41 AM
I really hope the title of this thread is sarcasm because I am disgusted by what I just read.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 27th, 2014, 03:47 AM
It is anything BUT awesome! And the comments! Unbelievable.

MissBubble
April 27th, 2014, 03:47 AM
I can't believe the comments I read...

TeaRose
April 27th, 2014, 04:23 AM
I can't believe the comments I read...

I know! Some of them are absolutely disgusting, and I don't even feel comfortable quoting them here. I'm not growing my hair to be more attractive to men, I'm doing it for me, because it's what I want.

Side note: Someone invited my partner to one of the "the game" type groups in uni, he walked out in under 10 mins because the thought it was "A ridiculous amateur rapist convention for sad little boys who will never become men."

ashke50
April 27th, 2014, 04:50 AM
That article is horrific! In addition to all the points made above about the misogyny and creepishness of this guy telling women how to look, I am very disturbed by his assessment of female friendships. He seems to genuinely believe that all women are permanently in competition for male approval, to the extent that we would lie to our friends that short hair suits them in order to be hotter than them. That is just so depressing!

clioariane
April 27th, 2014, 05:02 AM
How idiotic.

EmmAutumn
April 27th, 2014, 05:17 AM
After reading the comments here i clicked on the link, thinking "it can't be THAT bad, can it?"
Well, apparently it can... ugh. And the comments are even worse.

Siowiel
April 27th, 2014, 05:28 AM
The title "Alpha Game" gives it away for what it is: Blatant "Mens' Rights Activists"- and "Pick Up Artist"-Drivel.
They degrade women not only to a decoration for their world, but to inferior beings who exist only to cater to their (bodily) needs and are "worthless" if they do not match their conventional standards of attractiveness, are single mothers or are above a certain age. I won't say I'd cut my hair because they enjoy it, but I'd take great pleasure in swishing my long hair in their faces and declaring the most radical feminist notions.

Symphony
April 27th, 2014, 08:22 AM
This is a poor representation of how men think. I wouldn't touch the man who wrote it with a 10 foot pole. My husband adores me and the way I look, and in the past, he's even wanted me to cut my hair pixie short!! (But don't worry, he loves my long hair too!) There is no one "type" for men. Men are the same as us, except male. Every man is different. Some men REALLY like long hair. Some men REALLY like short hair. And some men REALLY couldn't care less.

The article was very misogynistic, and made men look bad in the process, too.

sarahthegemini
April 27th, 2014, 08:47 AM
What's most shocking about that 'article' (and I use that term loosely) is the FEMALE commentors. Poor, brainwashed bimbos spouting drivel that has been drummed into them. Eugh.

HylianGirl
April 27th, 2014, 08:49 AM
I have to agree with everyone else, that article was really misoginistic. Women don't take all of their decision based on men's perceptions of them.

Aingeal
April 27th, 2014, 08:55 AM
This guy sounds like a douche bag to me.

My ex husband once told me he was putting his foot down and not allowing me to cut my hair. I had a pixie about an hour later. I'll do what I please and if you don't like it, get the heck out of my life.

threadOfGold
April 27th, 2014, 10:15 AM
As soon as I was done reading through that article I felt as if I had travelled back into the 18th century or something. I felt suppressed! That is an article that has 'women are inferior' written all over it. Women are not objects that can be decorated and changed if they are not to a mans taste, they are equal in every way. Those men are behind their time and need to understand the power of women. If I ever see the man that wrote that article I am going to chuck the novel Jane Eyre in his face.

MINAKO
April 27th, 2014, 10:16 AM
well spoken, threadOfGold!;)

threadOfGold
April 27th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Thank you MINAKO!:D It makes me realise how lucky we are that the majority of men are not like that and see women as equal. That article is disgusting!

I urge everyone offended by the misogynist views on this blog to copy and paste the blogs URL into the space provided on here:
https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/82111?id=&url=

It will alert the blogger moderators, this cruelty towards women simply cannot be on the internet! I hope everyone offended is okay.

spidermom
April 27th, 2014, 11:05 AM
I thought it was kind of entertaining. I could write similar about how men should keep their hair long.

MsBubbles
April 27th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Ugh. Why can't women have their hair short/long because they want it that way?

I can, and I do! I know what you are saying with your question, but I guess I take it a step further and just let these types of 'articles' and opinions fall away. I don't need 'em. Sadly with free speech and all that, they can write whatever caveperson drivel they want.

(well I think I just insulted cave people :hmm:)

I never understood why some people feel they have the right to decide on how others should look like.

I don't get it either, but I can't continue to rent space in my head for free to people like that, so I just don't even bother trying to understand them any more.

walterSCAN
April 27th, 2014, 11:21 AM
This article is not "awesome," it is misogynistic drivel. Do some research into "game" websites, like this one. You'll quickly be disgusted, and perhaps ironically, very tempted to cut your hair.

That is such a sexist, ridiculous, demeaning article.

Edit: And as DragonLady said, we are not here to decorate anyone else's world!

I really hope the title of this thread is sarcasm because I am disgusted by what I just read.

It is anything BUT awesome! And the comments! Unbelievable.

I have to agree with everyone else, that article was really misoginistic. Women don't take all of their decision based on men's perceptions of them.

Agreed; disgusting, misogynistic drivel. I'm actually still struggling to get the disgusted look off my face, and I only made it about 2 paragraphs in, 5 minutes ago. I also really, really hope OP's thread title was sarcasm.

Unofficial_Rose
April 27th, 2014, 11:36 AM
"Alpha Game" - haha, as if! Agree with Spidermom, it is entertaining. I don't think these men are any threat to women, they are just veeerrryy outspoken behind the anonymity of the internet.

I think "Sarah's Daughter" is actually a bloke...

cat11
April 27th, 2014, 11:39 AM
This is a poor representation of how men think. I wouldn't touch the man who wrote it with a 10 foot pole. My husband adores me and the way I look, and in the past, he's even wanted me to cut my hair pixie short!! (But don't worry, he loves my long hair too!) There is no one "type" for men. Men are the same as us, except male. Every man is different. Some men REALLY like long hair. Some men REALLY like short hair. And some men REALLY couldn't care less.

The article was very misogynistic, and made men look bad in the process, too.

This exactly very well said. My boyfreind would never think, act, or speak in this way.

I agree with those who say this article isn't awesome, it's sexist, and it's some guy who wants all women to conform to his ideas of sexy for him. He's also blatantly making it seem like you should WANT him and other men to think your sexy, and trying to manipulate women to serve him and other men with their appearances by saying they won't be attractive and therefore will have a harder time finding love if they cut it. What an ass.

Its cool when people like long hair but not when they tell others what to do and make it seem like a rule. I wanted to slap that guy.

Henna Girl
April 27th, 2014, 12:22 PM
That is an interesting article that describes its author's opinion. I believe that women are entitled to wear their hair the way they desire, after all we are not in this world to please men. So if you like your hair short girl, go ahead and chop it off.

schnibbles
April 27th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Ok, it generally takes a lot to rattle my cage. I read the article as was like "eh... whatever. this guy is obviously an idiot and as long as people like this stay far, far away from me, it's fine.."

But the comments. :demon: I couldn't deal with reading but a few... unreal.

gonzobird
April 27th, 2014, 01:21 PM
I really did think that this was an honest opinion of one man. It doesn't mean everyone should run out and burn their bras and cut off their hair for goodness sake.
I really prefer long hair on women as well. Am I disgusting? And there are women like I don't know, Anne Hathaway,Emma Roberts, Halle Berry who I think are all straight attractive and beautiful, even with short hair, but I really think they would look nicer with longer hair; in general. (Some women look really nice with short hair, but I feel it is much harder to pull off.) Just a preference. Anybody can do whatever they way to their hair. I just like the honesty this guy gives, whether he's a douche or not, I don't care. Just appreciated his honest opinion.
And generalizations are just that. So many here getting so upset, who cares what some guy thinks? I thought it was entertaining and interesting. I dont see whats so wrong about someones opinion. I prefer honesty to someone saying whatever it is thats going to make me feel good. He wasn't "mean" in the article. Not trying to be a dick or hurt anyone's feelings, it was just an opinion.

Of the Fae
April 27th, 2014, 01:24 PM
What a horrible article! So misogynistic! Are women supposed to have long hair to be attractive to men? And if we decide for ourselves that we like short better we are all instantly lesbians?
The sexiness ladder thing is also complete bull.

I like long hair on most and short on some, but the whole tone of the article just drips with sexism.

Of the Fae
April 27th, 2014, 01:29 PM
I agree though the comments are MUCH worse.

"With regard to the young women, maybe they cut it off knowing it will lower their attractiveness _because_ it will lower their attractiveness and not as a sort of test of that attractiveness. As in, they cut it off because they are disappointed with or frightened by or otherwise somehow put off by what's on the offer at that long-hair ultimate attractiveness level. Disappointed? Then cut-off hair for a sort of re-set. Able to pull guys that seem to put your father, brothers, and 'safe' peer-age 'friends' to shame? Then cut-off the hair for a re-set. Attracting just the type of guy --in fact a particular guy, who might just be the one? Nervous about that? Because the last one like that broke your heart? Cut the hair and return to the safety zone.

I think this theory also works for stuff like piercings and tattoos."

Yes.. every decision a woman makes revolves around getting the perfect guy...

Unofficial_Rose
April 27th, 2014, 01:30 PM
It's not what he expressed, it's his way of expressing it that's offensive. If he had simply said he preferred the look of long hair on women then I don't suppose anyone would mind, but he couches it in such a way as to suggest that 50% of the world's population should conform to his aesthetic preserence. Plus he claims to speak for most men, which is absurd.

molljo
April 27th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Ugh, I knew as soon as I read "alpha game" exactly what it was going to be. The Pick Up Artist community is fascinating and revolting. It's basically a how-to guide to transform from an awkward nerd who has trouble talking to women to being an actual rapist.
I always want to laugh when I see crap like this, though, because I met my boyfriend of nearly 8 years when I had a pixie, and my hair's never been longer than collarbone for the whole time he's known me.

blue_eyes
April 27th, 2014, 01:50 PM
This article reminded me of a bunch of guys I knew (friends of my ex who had assimilated me into their group). We'd hang out, go to bars, clubs, and such. These guys were single, never had girlfriends or dates, or even one-night hook ups. But every time we'd go out they'd spend the entire time scouting the room for women. One would point out an attractive girl, and as soon as a friend encouraged him to speak to her, he'd start ripping her apart for the most minute things. These girls would be very striking and pretty, but the guys would do anything the put her down to make her 'not good enough' just so that they had an excuse not to have to go talk to her.

In my experience, the men who talk the most about what women need to look like for them are the ones who want, but can't find, themselves a date. Put the blame on the women instead, because clearly they just aren't good enough for you. Anyway, I may be completely off here, but this is just what I've personally seen from men who speak as the writer of the article has.

Budgie
April 27th, 2014, 01:53 PM

Marika
April 27th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Yeah, the whole blog is disgusting, not just this "article". I wouldn't call some bitter idiot's opinion an article... Didn't mommy love you enough!? :evil:

Todd
April 27th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Read some of his other posts. Creepy!!!

(scroll down to the bottom and click "Home")

Some weird stuff there!

AmyBeth
April 27th, 2014, 02:49 PM
I didn't even get past the first paragraph when I became aware of a sense of tremendous sexism on the part of the author. If he's so concerned about attractiveness, he might look into the mirror and do some work on himself, because I find him unattractive in the extreme.shudder:

LongHairLesbian
April 27th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Everyone is entitled to their preferences and opinions. There is nothing wrong with preferring long hair on women. But there is something wrong with speaking about women as if they exist to chase after and please men. From his views on female "friendship" to his declaration that a woman with long hair actually looks more "female" than a woman with short hair, this article is dripping with misogyny and arrogance. But I wouldn't expect anything less from a pick up artist website; that genre is full of trolls and woman-haters.

I second what another poster said earlier in this thread; the greatest put down you can dish out to these misogynists is to be a long haired lady with standards.

divinedobbie
April 27th, 2014, 04:23 PM
I really did think that this was an honest opinion of one man. It doesn't mean everyone should run out and burn their bras and cut off their hair for goodness sake.
I really prefer long hair on women as well. Am I disgusting? And there are women like I don't know, Anne Hathaway,Emma Roberts, Halle Berry who I think are all straight attractive and beautiful, even with short hair, but I really think they would look nicer with longer hair; in general. (Some women look really nice with short hair, but I feel it is much harder to pull off.) Just a preference. Anybody can do whatever they way to their hair. I just like the honesty this guy gives, whether he's a douche or not, I don't care. Just appreciated his honest opinion.
And generalizations are just that. So many here getting so upset, who cares what some guy thinks? I thought it was entertaining and interesting. I dont see whats so wrong about someones opinion. I prefer honesty to someone saying whatever it is thats going to make me feel good. He wasn't "mean" in the article. Not trying to be a dick or hurt anyone's feelings, it was just an opinion.

I have to agree with you. No offence to anyone here, but why is everyone so upset about one little blog? From personal experience, all the men I know really do prefer long hair over short hair. I, myself, prefer long hair over short hair on women. But if they want to cut it short, bby all means, go ahead!!

And yes, no one is hear to decorate anyone else's world. But I think all of us have at least a small side that wants to be attractive and yearns for approval.

xoChesleyy
April 27th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Some men prefer shorter hair on women. Some men prefer longer hair on women. This guy, although he was just expressing his opinion like everyone is entitled to, made it seem like guys are just attracted to longer hair and that is it. I think Emma Watson pulls off the pixie cut quite nicely, but I also prefer her longer hair just because I like long hair in general. Not every girl can pull off pixie cuts, but that doesn't make her any less of a woman or "masculine" because of it. The saying is correct: To each his/her own.

TheHowlingWolf
April 27th, 2014, 04:46 PM
I read the title and instantly clicked out lol. But from reading what others had to say about this article, how can you NOT be offended? Sometimes I wish I could just brush these type of things off, but it's 2014 fgs! Why are there still men out there acting like women are sex objects who were only put on this earth to turn on men? smh. & it's not just the opinion, "I like long hair!" that upsets me, obviously I like long hair too....it's his opinion that he thinks women SHOULD grow long hair because HE and OTHER MEN want us to. And I've seen other men post "articles" similar to this and it doesn't stop there. It's the whole "10 trends men hate on women" & "10 hairstyles men love on women" that makes me angry! WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meteor
April 27th, 2014, 05:12 PM
LOL, this "alpha game" post was already featured on the LHC once: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=114788
and it generated 17 pages of heated replies :)

mary*rose
April 27th, 2014, 05:37 PM

Thank you for presenting the opposite side of the argument here. Any interesting debate addresses both sides of the argument :) We are called LONG hair community, after all. And it's just one guy's opinion - things we are currently expressing now. I think everyone's opinion has a right to be respectfully heard, if it was respectfully expressed. Which this guy did. He was trying to be helpful, after all. Plus, it's the internet, which is basically everybody's safe place to say whatever they want (I'm not justifying some of the really hurtful things that happen on the internet, but this guy was typing on a similar screen to the one I'm using, which allows me to me much more eloquent and expressive online than I ever am IRL).

Do I think he's right? Not at all. But that doesn't give anyone the right to call him names, or make judgments about him... There are certainly wrong opinions. And I think this guy is in possession of one of those. And while his opinion isn't wrong ("Long hair is attractive on women") his way of expressing it is ("Only long hair is attractive on women, and any women who cuts her hair will automatically be considered ugly by any man").

There are several issues with the article (my gosh, I won't even get into the comments...), including the fact that he thinks the purpose of a woman's appearance is only to please men, which is not only sexist, but heterosexist (aka, homophobic). Also, he assumes that every other guy is with him on this issue. Which isn't true. Yes, it's very sexist and misogynistic, but everyday people are told how to look by the media and by their culture. I'm greeted by a wall of women's magazines trying to brainwash me with patriarchal ideals every day when I go into work. But I don't see anyone up in arms about that...

Ahem, one last thing, though. I'm kind of offended by your stereotypical idea of the "bra-burning" feminist. I have some very nice bras that I save for special occasions, and I would NEVER burn them. I may not like them all the time, but they'll always be there to support me. Heh heh.

mary*rose
April 27th, 2014, 05:39 PM
LOL, this "alpha game" post was already featured on the LHC once: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=114788
and it generated 17 pages of heated replies :)

Haha and we're still going x)

mary*rose
April 27th, 2014, 05:42 PM
I've seen other men post "articles" similar to this and it doesn't stop there. It's the whole "10 trends men hate on women" & "10 hairstyles men love on women" that makes me angry! WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone in my feminism class actually did a report on that. I found that not only did I like many of the styles this article claimed that men hated, I owned a lot of them as well. One girl said, "What would you like me to wear, sir?" Haha obviously sarcastically. You can't be too dressy, too casual, too slutty, too matronly, too WOMANLY.

gonzobird
April 27th, 2014, 08:31 PM
Haaahhaaa Mary Rose, I was kidding with the bra burning. I just thought it was a silly article. I didn't think a bunch of women that love hair would be so upset about it. I save my getting upset for real things, and there really isn't a lot, if any. (First world problems, eh?) I like my bras, too. ;)

Nothing wrong with looking attractive, right? Women do it for other women more than they do it for men, jokes on this guy. (Not that I approve of such silliness, but it's GENERALLY true. I'm generalizing. Generally. haha. I'm sure there aren't a lot here, but look at most women in the fashion industry and that are just into fashion. They buy a lot of things to impress other women, make them jealous a bit.)

I also know nasty women who would love me to cut off my hair, and they would say that it would be "cute" on me, when I damn well know they are just jealous of my hair. That is too is true, sometimes. I try to steer clear of those middle school mentality girls, but sometimes at work I have to be around them. Very few, but he's got a point there, too.

Sharysa
April 27th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Yeeeeah, anything involving the phrase "alpha male" is to be treated with caution. I'm growing my hair to hip because I like it, not because I want to attract men.

Lydialove
April 27th, 2014, 08:47 PM
I think everyone's opinion has a right to be respectfully heard, if it was respectfully expressed. Which this guy did. He was trying to be helpful, after all.

I hear your opinion and I disagree. Entirely. I do not think he was expressing his opinion respectfully.

I do not find this: "The unpleasant, but observable fact is that post-menopausal women who cut their hair off tend to look like short, squatty men, even if they elect to rock that inexplicable blue puff perm on top that is apparently meant to signify female status" to be a respectfully expressed opinion. Nor do I believe he is trying to be helpful. I believe he is trying to put women in their place and that place is one of being ornamental.

I'm allowed to want to look good (for myself, for people in my circle of friends and acquaintances) but be offended when someone implies that's my primary purpose, which I believe is implied in that very sexist, misogynistic article.

I unapologetically judge sexist and misogynistic opinions (or any sort of bigotry) wherever I hear them expressed and have no interest in preserving "safe places" from my judgement.

Crumpet
April 27th, 2014, 09:12 PM
That 'article' bothered me. And it surprises me that any woman can read that material without anger. We all have our preferences (I prefer long hair on women AND men for the most part, but it can vary by individual). Preferences can be expressed without drilling down into pure misogyny. Sadly, feminism is not common these days so women often do not remark on this type of misogyny as much as they might have done. I'm pleased that the women of the LHC think differently.

TheHowlingWolf
April 27th, 2014, 09:40 PM
I unapologetically judge sexist and misogynistic opinions (or any sort of bigotry) wherever I hear them expressed and have no interest in preserving "safe places" from my judgement.

:applause:applause:applause

HintOfMint
April 27th, 2014, 09:53 PM
I hear your opinion and I disagree. Entirely. I do not think he was expressing his opinion respectfully.

I do not find this: "The unpleasant, but observable fact is that post-menopausal women who cut their hair off tend to look like short, squatty men, even if they elect to rock that inexplicable blue puff perm on top that is apparently meant to signify female status" to be a respectfully expressed opinion. Nor do I believe he is trying to be helpful. I believe he is trying to put women in their place and that place is one of being ornamental.

I'm allowed to want to look good (for myself, for people in my circle of friends and acquaintances) but be offended when someone implies that's my primary purpose, which I believe is implied in that very sexist, misogynistic article.

I was about to write my own response (rather similar to the response I wrote in the old thread regarding this same atrocious article), but you put it perfectly. I like looking attractive for the opposite sex, with reasonable means, but I loathe being told that I HAVE to look attractive and that looking attractive is my primary purpose. I would also add, think of all the men in our lives, whether friends, family, co-workers, or even men we don't know but still have some effect in our lives (politicians, for instance), and I don't think much of our consideration of them has much to do with their attractiveness. THAT is where the sexism part comes in.

YvetteVarie
April 28th, 2014, 02:02 AM
I read that article, and I was shocked. Brittle, unhealthy hair more attractive than healthy hair? Please, just please. Almost makes me want to go and shave my hair off. I think men need to know that women do most of these things for themselves. If it impresses men, well its a bonus, but I focus on making myself look good, so I feel good inside and out for myself

clioariane
April 28th, 2014, 04:10 AM
Starting to think this was a troll post.

veryhairyfairy
April 28th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Starting to think this was a troll post.
That's what I came here to say! :lol:

I'm having a hard time understanding how anyone could be defending what this poor loser said... :crazyq:

But there'll be no attempts at reason from me, I know how it goes: :brickwall

PrincessIdril
April 28th, 2014, 09:17 AM

This very much.

Freija
April 28th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Double post, sorry!

Freija
April 28th, 2014, 10:04 AM

Of course you aren't disgusting; I usually prefer long hair too, and that's fine. Everyone gets an opinion, everyone gets a preference.

But you aren't making hateful, condescending, misogynistic remarks about women being vain, silly creatures who 'overrate themselves' (their entire 'selves' being reduced purely to their physical attractiveness in the eyes of a man) by a certain number of 'points'; you aren't reducing women to a visual with stats, whose stats may or may not be high enough to suit you; you aren't writing off all female-female interaction as being nothing more than competition for the attentions of the nearest man at any given time; you aren't making cruel, judgemental, essentialising comments about gender and identity. You aren't parading your opinion as fact.

I don't have a problem with his basic preference for long hair on women, or his suggestion that men tend to notice damage a lot less and love long hair regardless of its condition. And I don't think that most of the other LHC-ers who are irked by the article do, either. I do have a real problem with just about everything else he brings into his post, and the attitudes with which he frames his opinion.

Weewah
April 28th, 2014, 10:10 AM
He also prefers damaged bleached blonde hair to healthy brunette hair... I bet most people he meets think he's a doosh, which is why he's holed up in his basement rambling about his "game" on the Internet. What a weirdo

mary*rose
April 30th, 2014, 12:22 PM

Point taken.

chen bao jun
April 30th, 2014, 01:00 PM
You know there is at least one other thread on this forum (I think there may be a couple) on this same article. It also has pages and pages of people who are furious about the article and the exact same statements that the guy who wrote it is a despicable, mysogynistic 'gamer' etc etc. I am not surprised that someone found the article again and posted it again, but I am surprised that there are seven pages of comments about the article saying the exact same things that were said no more than six months ago, mostly in exactly the same words.
the guy is clearly going to leave the article up online. Is it worth getting this upset about twice? Who really cares about some guy's opinion about how women should wear their hair? He, or the people who post agreeing with him, can't really make any of us change our hairstyle or length--he can't even make his own girlfriend do that, if he has one, which I doubt.
Is he really that threatening? The firestorm of reactions to him both times his article was posted makes me wonder if some on here fear that he is stating the truth on some level. Which of course he is. Men are attracted to the exterior of women initially, since they are visual and though of course they stay in relationships with women long term for other reasons, you do have to appeal to them visually to get their initial attention and all women who want to end up with a man (the majority of us) know this is true whether we like ir or not. this guy is the extreme (and as I said, I wouldn't date him and I doubt he has a girlfriend, because people with girlfriends don't tend to take that tone towards women, he writes like a total loser who lives in mom's basement) but maybe if we face the grain of truth in his article, it won't seem that upsetting. Because really some men (like some women) are idiots and really so what. Life is too short.

ravenreed
April 30th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Was the link changed? All I get is a sloth hugging a kitty.

blue_eyes
April 30th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Was the link changed? All I get is a sloth hugging a kitty.

I laughed so hard at this and went to watch it! The sloth looks like its covering the cats mouth/nose. I imagine it whispering "shhh, it will all be over soon." into the cats ear. :P

Brileeka
April 30th, 2014, 02:25 PM
All I see is a sloth and a kitty!

Kherome
April 30th, 2014, 02:27 PM
I also know nasty women who would love me to cut off my hair, and they would say that it would be "cute" on me, when I damn well know they are just jealous of my hair. That is too is true, sometimes. I try to steer clear of those middle school mentality girls, but sometimes at work I have to be around them. Very few, but he's got a point there, too.

Doubtful. Do you seriously think other women find you to be such a scintillating beauty and such competition that they have to spend their time trying to sabotage you? It's just hair, it doesn't make you better or prettier or more worthy...plus for the most part pretty much everyone has hair and can grow it if they choose to. I don't think those women are really wasting their time trying to "harm" you or anyone else by convincing them to get a haircut. 0_o

Kherome
April 30th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Here is another "fun" article on a similar vein: http://www.elle.com/beauty/hair/short-hairstyles-do-haircuts-affect-your-love-life-335167

woodswanderer
April 30th, 2014, 02:37 PM
I, too, was puzzled to see a sloth hugging a kitty, but it was very cute. Probably much more worth my time than the article.

gonzobird
April 30th, 2014, 03:26 PM
kherome, I didn't mean it like that. It's so not even worth defending or talking about at this point. But who doesn't like Kitties and sloths snuggling in harmony????

ErinLeigh
April 30th, 2014, 04:54 PM
This guy sounds like a douche bag to me.

My ex husband once told me he was putting his foot down and not allowing me to cut my hair. I had a pixie about an hour later. I'll do what I please and if you don't like it, get the heck out of my life.

HA! That takes guts. Good for you.

ErinLeigh
April 30th, 2014, 05:05 PM
I was so worried sloth would poke kittys eyes. He was trying to pet him but it was creeping me out.
I think I am afraid of sloths for some reason.

PraiseCheeses
April 30th, 2014, 05:17 PM
Oooo... and here's yet another (http://totalfratmove.com/why-girls-should-not-cut-their-hair-short/) fun article!

It's also great to be informed that the "female sweet spot" is from 18-28, and having wasted my time in fulfilling but not permanent long-term monogamous relationships (as well as cutting my hair), I've obviously wasted my time and opportunity now that I'm a dead husk of a female at 30.

:stirpot:

Budgie
April 30th, 2014, 05:43 PM

gonzobird
April 30th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Yeah. That one is waaaay worse. I like the responses.

Hollyfire3
April 30th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Oooo... and here's yet another (http://totalfratmove.com/why-girls-should-not-cut-their-hair-short/) fun article!

It's also great to be informed that the "female sweet spot" is from 18-28, and having wasted my time in fulfilling but not permanent long-term monogamous relationships (as well as cutting my hair), I've obviously wasted my time and opportunity now that I'm a dead husk of a female at 30.

:stirpot:

Wow this article...I can't believe people exist who still think this way about women....and that part about "amplifying insecurities" well apparently guys are perfect because most of them opt for short hair...ha. Geez that thing about age too wow I'm in shock. Wow. This was amusing to read though thank you for posting it.

chen bao jun
April 30th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Sorry to say, Kherome that women CAN be exactly this nasty. I have known people to get their hair cut off forcefully by other girls and I myself was threatened with it frequently at one point in my life, it does happen. Not claiming to be a scintillating beauty or competition for anybody but human nature is sad sometimes. I am glad you have been fortunate enough to not run into --sabotage and cruelty.
Also, the original guy was a wierdo (because men can be nasty, too) but isn't looking up other wierdos of the same type a self fulfilling prophecy? the fact that you have to look for these people means they aren't actually all over the place. so why look? I'd rather not ruin my day.
You can google around looking for things and find everything on the internet, it doesn't mean its common. I mean, you would think from this website and a couple of others that there are a huge amount of women in the world who want to grow their hair to extreme lengths, but actually, in society, we are quite unusual, the internet allows us to meet others like us when we don't run into a whole lot of others like us in real life. The same with this type of guy, they are on the internet because they don't meet a lot of others with their strange opinions, so why give their websites hits, they don't deserve it.

Doubtful. Do you seriously think other women find you to be such a scintillating beauty and such competition that they have to spend their time trying to sabotage you? It's just hair, it doesn't make you better or prettier or more worthy...plus for the most part pretty much everyone has hair and can grow it if they choose to. I don't think those women are really wasting their time trying to "harm" you or anyone else by convincing them to get a haircut. 0_o

Kherome
April 30th, 2014, 08:31 PM
Some psychotic weirdo attacking you and forcefully cutting off your hair is vastly different than someone wasting their time plotting day after to day to convince you to cut your hair off because they are jealous. I absolutely can buy someone attacking someone else and cutting off their hair. I've seen news articles detailing such attacks.

LauraLongLocks
April 30th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Okay, I clicked on the link, and it was a youtube video of a sloth grooming a cat. Weird to say the least. Where is the real article?

chen bao jun
April 30th, 2014, 08:55 PM
The OP took it down because the thread sort of exploded.
You can find it by googling "women don't cut your d--- hair" if you are really really interested.
As stated before, if you google "long hair community" and the name of the article, you will find at least one previous thread with people saying how much they hate the article at great length.

LauraLongLocks
April 30th, 2014, 09:48 PM
I see. Thanks, Chen.

mary*rose
May 5th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Here is another "fun" article on a similar vein: http://www.elle.com/beauty/hair/short-hairstyles-do-haircuts-affect-your-love-life-335167

I actually like this article, and feel it resonates strongly with some of the things said here.