PDA

View Full Version : Blog and comments, help?

eadwine
April 26th, 2014, 07:57 AM
For the life of me I must be missing something.

In the blog settings I turned moderation of comments on (doesn't seem to be on)
I also told it to send me an email when comments were posted (doesn't send me an email)

What on earth am I missing hahah. I just checked my blog to post an update in there and I saw there were comments sitting there.. eh??

Can someone help me out, since I must be doing something wrong, obviously :o

Gumball
April 26th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Our email system is still down, so that's the reason you are not getting email updates when you receive blog comments. It does appear your comment moderation has been enabled at least! :)

eadwine
April 26th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Oh.. ok that helps haha.

Where.. sorry .. hehe.. still not getting where I should moderate them to tell they are ok to appear to everyone? Or does this setting mean that -I- can moderate (as in change) the comments made to my blog?

And where can (god I feel like a noob, hahaha) I find an overview of all the comments made so I can reply to them? Right now I happened to find them by going through my entries. Now 3 is not bad, but once I hit more than 10 this can get annoying to do like this :lol:

Oh I found one thing! Recent comments.. just tick that and all show up, and I can reply to them individually, that is good. So the latter bit of the question is answered now :D

Oh for Pete's sake now I find the approve comments thingie as well.

Just the one thing left: I cannot see how they are approved or not, the difference I mean. I must be missing something there still :)

Thanks so much for helping out haha.. I feel like an annoying toddler right now :/

Gumball
April 26th, 2014, 08:28 AM
When you to to Recent Comments and click on the "Find More" at the bottom of it, you come to this page:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?do=comments

What do you see in the "View Filter" option near the top of the first comment that appears?

eadwine
April 26th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Ah.. I go to recent comments after hitting My Blog. Then I see all of my own (or rather, the comments on my blog only). If I hit moderated comments, that is the bit that hasn't been approved yet then, right?

Gumball
April 26th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Yup! Those should be. :)

eadwine
April 26th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Ahhh I will get the hang of this thing hehe.

Thanks a bundle!

Gumball
April 26th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Yay! :happydance:

Hedera
April 26th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Thank you for posting this Eadwine, since I have trouble finding things as well! :D

I keep taking very roundabout routes to my own blog etc.
And I miss the email notifications (mostly of threads I follow, not so much my blog even) terribly! I hope they'll come back.

So, that 'recent comments' button, where is that?
I went to 'blogs' then 'my blog' but I don't see 'recent comments' anywhere.

Gumball
April 26th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Thank you for posting this Eadwine, since I have trouble finding things as well! :D

I keep taking very roundabout routes to my own blog etc.
And I miss the email notifications (mostly of threads I follow, not so much my blog even) terribly! I hope they'll come back.

So, that 'recent comments' button, where is that?
I went to 'blogs' then 'my blog' but I don't see 'recent comments' anywhere.

On the right side of the page will be a number of panels. The topmost one usually has your user name in it and your image, then categories below it, and recent comments usually below that. :) If you do not have a "Find More" link, you can also just click on the "Recent Comments" text and it serves the same purpose.

Hedera
April 26th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Ha, found it!
Thank you. :)

Hedera
April 26th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Ok, next question, if you don't mind:
Years ago, I wrote a sort of introduction to my blog (it's in purple) with a brief history, current routine etc.

The routine has since changed, so if possible I'd like to change that in the introduction as well, but I can't find an edit button for that section...?

Gumball
April 26th, 2014, 02:47 PM
I don't mind at all! :) You will want to click on the "Blog Settings (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog_usercp.php?do=editprofile)" link that is available in the blog area of the forum. It is in the row of links below the main navigation "Forum, Blogs, iTrader, etc.". It is your "Blog Description", which should become accessible and editable once you click on that link.

Hedera
April 26th, 2014, 02:51 PM
I don't mind at all! :) You will want to click on the "Blog Settings (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog_usercp.php?do=editprofile)" link that is available in the blog area of the forum. It is in the row of links below the main navigation "Forum, Blogs, iTrader, etc.". It is your "Blog Description", which should become accessible and editable once you click on that link.

Yay, thank you! :blossom:

eadwine
April 27th, 2014, 01:47 PM
*grin* Glad I could be of sideways help :)

Hedera
April 27th, 2014, 02:34 PM
*grin* Glad I could be of sideways help :)

You know the saying about how the only stupid questions are the unasked ones?
I am really good at those... :o

eadwine
April 30th, 2014, 09:00 AM
:lol: At least it got answered now!

Silly sideways other thing: did we ever meet up?

Hedera
April 30th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Silly sideways other thing: did we ever meet up?

You know, I am not sure! :D
Hang on, I'll pm you. :)