PDA

View Full Version : Conditioner question

Dessi
April 23rd, 2014, 11:48 AM
Hello ladies. Maybe my question is stupid but I still wanna know. I don't have the opportunity to buy a nice conditioner and the one I use is the best I could find in my country. I'll write everything it contains and I want to know - what do you all think? Is it okay to use it ? :(

Aqua
cetearyl alcohol
behentrimonium chloride,
Panthenol
Hydrolized keratin,
caffeine
chamomilla recutita flower extract
salvia officinalis leaf extract
melissa officinalis leaf extract
urtica dioica extract
equisetum arvense extract
rosmarinus officinalis leaf extract
humulus lupulus extract
isopropyl myristate
citric acid
glycerin
phenoxyethanol
stearamidopropyl dimethylanine
parfum
isopropyl alcohol
glyceryl stearate
sodium methylparaben
polyquaternium-37
dicaprylyl carbonate
lauryl glucoside
butylene glycol
benzyl alcohol

meteor
April 23rd, 2014, 12:35 PM
I think it looks like a pretty good product.
I don't like parfum and isopropyl alcohol (the drying type of alcohol) much, but if your hair tolerates them, it's totally fine, especially since they are very low on the list.
There are lots of plant extracts in the product, and they can cause an irritation in some people, but if you didn't experience that, then great!
Also, there are lots of humectants (glycerin, panthenol, hydrolized proteins) in it, which is great in medium humidity but may feel drying in dry seasons.
If your hair likes it, I see no problems at all.

lectraplayer
April 23rd, 2014, 01:14 PM
That looks like a better conditioner than I have. Conditioners with dimethicone, amodimethicone, and other similar non-water-soluable silicones can really cause me issues. I'm not a fan of benzyl alcohol or isopropanol either but I can usually tolerate them much better than stuff that builds up.

SleepyTangles
April 23rd, 2014, 01:21 PM
I'm with meteor, it looks like a good product, as far as my experience goes. I don't see oils, but the behentrimonium chloride is a powerful detangler. Do you use it for CW or regular S&C :)?

Dessi
April 23rd, 2014, 01:44 PM
Thank you all! Feel better after riding the comments. :) And I use it for regular S&C.

mysticmanic
April 23rd, 2014, 02:15 PM
It looks pretty good! :) I try to never buy anything with parabens in them though, but that's the only thing that's really standing out as not so great.

Dessi
April 23rd, 2014, 09:33 PM
It looks pretty good! :) I try to never buy anything with parabens in them though, but that's the only thing that's really standing out as not so great.

Yeah, parabens... but that's the best I could find so I can't do anything about that.. Whatever, thanks!

lectraplayer
April 24th, 2014, 06:01 AM
My hair can't handle a shampoo without taking me to frizz city. :thud: What brand of conditioner is that?

Dessi
April 24th, 2014, 09:53 PM
My hair can't handle a shampoo without taking me to frizz city. :thud: What brand of conditioner is that?
It's Schauma.

Dreams_in_Pink
April 25th, 2014, 04:19 AM
I'm only worried about parabens and keratin listed way up in the list. If your hair's good with proteins it's ok. Protein buildup might make hair feel dry and brittle.

LoveArt99
May 31st, 2014, 07:36 AM
Hello! I was hoping that someone would take a look at the ingredients in the deep conditioner I was thinking of buying. It's the h'suan wen hua from lush. Yeah... I'm aware that it's not great since it has sls in it but just how bad is it? Since it has lots of oils in it I was thinking of using it as some sort of sealant after using a water based conditioner. Take a look...

List of ingredients
Fresh Bay Leaf Infusion
Fresh Watercress Infusion
Fresh Organic Free Range Eggs
Cetearyl Alcohol
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
Fresh Avocado
Fresh Organic Bananas
Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Lanolin
Rosemary Oil
Cinnamon Leaf Oil
Soya Lecithin
Cinnamyl Alcohol*
Cinnamal*
Eugenol*
Benzyl Benzoate*
Limonene*
Linalool*
Perfume
Methylparaben
Propylparaben

lapushka
May 31st, 2014, 08:24 AM
sl(e)s in a conditioner? Now that's overkill, IMO. I wouldn't go there!