PDA

View Full Version : Hairstyles that do not require hair accessories?

Leslieslsa
April 22nd, 2014, 06:01 PM
I have tailbone length, thick hair. Yesterday I got arrested and went to jail (long story) but when I got there they took everything away from me including my hair tie. So I was wondering if anyone knows of any styles that do not require anything to hold them up?

SereneCurls
April 22nd, 2014, 06:23 PM
Hmm, do an english braid and tuck the end up through the space at the nape of your neck where the braid starts? Since your hair's long keep taking what's left and tucking it in till you have something manageable. I'm sure it's not the most secure style but better than nothing?

darklyndsea
April 22nd, 2014, 06:26 PM
Amish braids and the variant on the elling woman hairstyle that I do (I skip the rope braids and bun it fully) don't need anything.

meteor
April 22nd, 2014, 06:27 PM
Sorry to hear about the jail experience.

Ellingwoman braided bun and Amish braided bun and their variations come to mind, because they hold decently without ties. But to be honest, it totally depends on how grabby or slippery smooth your hair is.

Also, this bun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N08Ikn5lcyA but your hair is probably too heavy for it with TBL iii.

MadeiraD
April 22nd, 2014, 06:27 PM
Amish braids (three braids at front of hair, braided into a single braid and then wrap the braid through the other braids if that makes sense.) or the elling woman style (whoops a repeat of everyone else). I will admit to curiosity about the story, if you feel like sharing.

darklyndsea
April 22nd, 2014, 06:30 PM
Amish braids (three braids at front of hair, braided into a single braid and then wrap the braid through the other braids if that makes sense.) or the elling woman style (whoops a repeat of everyone else). I will admit to curiosity about the story, if you feel like sharing.

<tangent> I've never heard of that hairstyle referred to as amish braids before. </tangent>

BrendaLoan
April 22nd, 2014, 06:34 PM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVkg9TJDrL4) works for my hair, a nautilus bun with no pins

Rio040113
April 22nd, 2014, 06:35 PM
The Nautilus bun can be self holding, there are tutorials on youtube for it :)

chen bao jun
April 22nd, 2014, 06:44 PM
grecian knot if your hair is not slippery, crown braids tucked in, eiling woman, as everyone else says, that one is probably best.

Madora
April 22nd, 2014, 06:45 PM
Lace accent crown braid. Once you've gone around the head just continue braiding down to the end. Then take the tail and weave it through several of the braids already in place.

Leslieslsa
April 22nd, 2014, 06:46 PM

It wasn't really too big of a deal, but it has certainly been expensive. I have a tendency to not pay attention to routine paperwork with my car. I went to court about two months ago for a ticket for not having insurance. Well they kind of gave me some sort of payment plan, but I was under the assumption that I didn't really own anything until July. Well I was wrong. My luck has been sooo bad lately. I was just driving down the street and a cop pulled in behind me. I didn't do anything wrong but for some reason they decided to run the plate. Well both the license plate and my license were suspended. So they pulled me over, arrested me and sent my car to impound. Then they took me to jail. I had to have my aunt come and bond me out. It was 300 dollars. Now to get the car out of impound altogether I needed just about 1000 dollars. And that doesn't include me fixing my drivers license, just the plates. So I won't be driving for a while. Then I have a court date I have to go to and they will decide whatever else I have to pay. I am in Illinois, and they are obviously poor.

Gumball
April 22nd, 2014, 07:46 PM
I'm also adding in my vote for the nautilus bun. I always wear mine with a stick, but I can get it to hold well enough without any accessories. You can make them pretty darn snug and stable on their own. :)

MadeiraD
April 22nd, 2014, 07:47 PM
I really am sorry about this, that sucks.

CremeTron
April 27th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Sorry to hear that, Leslie.

xoChesleyy
April 27th, 2014, 04:13 PM
I am sorry to hear that. That's horrible. I hope things get better for you!