PDA

View Full Version : A quick thank you to LHC!

threadOfGold
April 22nd, 2014, 09:30 AM
A couple of months ago I was really down about my hair. My hairdresser, who cut and bleached my hair every six weeks, told me it was not possible for my hair to grow past shoulder length. I stupidly believed this, failing to realise the reason it wouldn't is because I was cutting all the growth I'd gotten trimmed off as soon as it came through. But when you don't really think about things properly, sometimes you just believe what you're told. I watched a few YouTube videos on how to grow my hair, and came across many different beauty gurus talking about heat protectant and not dying your hair. But on a whim, I came across this website. A couple of months down the line, my hairs about two inches from waist and my dark blonde roots are growing through and I'm getting complimented on how shiny my roots are. I haven't used heat since I found this website, or dyed my hair, and I used to wash, blowdry and curl my hair every single day. I'm so happy, and I wouldn't have been able to do it without this website. I'd still be getting the same old trims getting upset that I could never grow my hair. It was at tailbone when I was a little girl, of course I can grow my hair!

Thank you to TLHC and everyone on it, now there's not a day I don't go on this website! :);)

Larki
April 22nd, 2014, 10:48 AM
Congratulations! :D

Soltimus
April 22nd, 2014, 11:09 AM
That's awesome! The last hairdresser I went to was quite supportive of me wanting to grow my hair out, but each time I went there she'd look at my hair and say that she absolutely NEEDED to take off at least 10 cm this time. Again. It just went on and on like this until I stumbled upon videos on Youtube with good haircare advice and a link to this site, and I just changed my habits and stopped going to get my hair cut. It's a brilliant site indeed!

going gray
April 22nd, 2014, 11:16 AM
This is just the greatest site for long hair support! Don't think many people understand how we ladies feel about our long hair.

Enjoy your hair!

Lucky_Lucy
April 22nd, 2014, 11:25 AM
Yay! We all have to agree that LHC is one of the greatest things that could've ever happened to our hair :)

Happy growing! :D

meteor
April 22nd, 2014, 11:55 AM
That's so great! :D I'm so happy for you, ThreadOfGold! :) Way to go!
Hair dressers live in the "now", they don't see your natural potential, unless they've known you from your childhood.
So if hair dressers say "your hair can't grow long", it's just that it's not long yet and they haven't seen how great your hair can become... especially when they don't cut it and don't inflict heat and chemical damage on it.

Stiria
April 22nd, 2014, 11:56 AM
Congatulations! Your hair is so beautiful!
LHC is the best:o

Aingeal
April 22nd, 2014, 01:04 PM
Yay! That's wonderful! I know LHC has done wonders for my hair!

AmyBeth
April 22nd, 2014, 01:23 PM
I'm happy for you. Can you imagine what a few years of LHC inspired hair will do for you? My hair has also changed a lot too.

threadOfGold
April 22nd, 2014, 01:32 PM
Thank you so much everyone! Same to all of you, I hope your hair journeys go exactly how you want them to! I got really emotional when I saw how much my hair had grown, I don't know why. I just felt so happy and it's because of this website and everyone on it!