PDA

View Full Version : Weird places you've found shed hairs

Vanilla
April 21st, 2014, 08:32 PM
I find shed hairs in the strangest of places. I'm not talking the drain, the pillowcase or the vacuum cleaner.

I found a shed shed hair tonight in my Invisalign retainer. I've also found shed hairs of mine in the dog's mouth.

Where's a weird place that you find shed hairs?

Lindseyh
April 21st, 2014, 08:47 PM
Oh, just in the cat's mouth, and in my son's diaper (glad that one wasn't attached...). Today there were a couple shed hairs knotted together inside my bra.

Aderyn
April 21st, 2014, 09:33 PM
I get the hair knotted around my bra or camisole straps all the time.. Or, I used to, when I worse my hair down all of the time, haven't really had an issue with that lately since wearing my hair up.

The other day, I found a stray piece of hair inside of my sock. No idea how it managed to migrate in there.

During a chemistry lecture a while ago, my classmate found a strand of my hair in her backpack, as well. Never mind that I've never touched her backpack and she puts it on the other side of her.

Really, though, where don't I find my hair?

Brileeka
April 21st, 2014, 09:39 PM
they are everywhere. they stick to everything especially me. yeah I find them in my dogs mouth all the time but that is ok because i find his shed hair everywhere too, including in my food. I've even found hairs that my dog has digested..... sometimes my shed hairs go through the washing machine and I'll find a bunch of shed hairs wrapped around my clothing or even inside my socks. everywhere you could possibly imagine.

Larki
April 21st, 2014, 09:53 PM
In my food, on all manner of laundry...everywhere. The laundry thing is particularly scary because they'll still be there sometimes after going through both the washer and the dryer, I'll find them clinging on for dear life or actually woven into the fabric.

jacqueline101
April 21st, 2014, 10:20 PM
When we were decluttering this summer I found shed hairs under my bed. I mean in the center of my bed. How the heck do they get there?

Rosa Harris
April 21st, 2014, 11:20 PM
In my crochet - somehow I manage to crochet them in without noticing.. they will be half in so I just finish them in. Figure hell, I'm making it why not mark it with my DNA.

ashke50
April 22nd, 2014, 04:47 AM
I find shed hairs in my socks, but I guess with that they fall on the floor and then I walk on them and catch them that way. The stranger one is my husband finds my hairs in the squeegee (the sponge he uses for the washing up) - but I don't ever do the washing up! They are somehow embedded in it, and almost impossible to extract.

lapushka
April 22nd, 2014, 05:10 AM
In my underwear (almost). Yeah. You don't wanna know...

shutterpillar
April 22nd, 2014, 05:20 AM
My husband finds them in his beard all the time.

YvetteVarie
April 22nd, 2014, 06:31 AM
in the deep freezer. Still trying to figure out how that lone, brave strand made it where no hair dares to go

RainbowBowser
April 22nd, 2014, 06:42 AM
I found a shed shed hair tonight in my Invisalign retainer.

I also deal with invisalign-hair contact, but I just end up having a short layer strand end up near my mouth as I put them on, only to have to take them off because of one darn strand of hair stuck.
But as far as weird shed-hair locations, the wheels of my computer chair, all rolled up around the wheels, dafuq.
All balled up stuck to a hoodie fresh out of the dryer, which gives me a mini heart attack because I think its a spider

UP Lisa
April 22nd, 2014, 07:46 AM
For some reason, I always find a ball of them on the front edge of my chair at work.

Hootenanny
April 22nd, 2014, 08:00 AM
Recently, I saw one of my cats making weird faces and rubbing at her face with her paw, and when I investigated, there was one of my hairs tied in a knot around her whiskers! Poor baby!

I also find hairs that have somehow gotten between the sheer fabric and the support material in one of my bras? Those take forever to get out, so how the heck did they ever get in??

And, of course, there are always the dreaded butt-spiders in the shower. I know from past experience that those bad boys are only going to get worse the long my hair grows.

carinkla
April 22nd, 2014, 08:17 AM
erm in the catlitter box (in their well how do we say this nicely..their excrement) also my husband sometimes finds it in his lunchbox (eventhoug I make his sandwiches with an updo to prevent this) he calls it his hairyfloss wire ;)

Nadine <3
April 22nd, 2014, 10:41 AM
My SO is a computer nerd so when his computer fried, we took it apart to investigate what killed it. My hair was all over on the inside of that thing...

Vanilla
April 22nd, 2014, 11:35 AM
I find hair in my underwear and bras as well. I also find clumps of hair knotted together whenever I wash anything of mine. It usually winds up in the lint tray.

two_wheels
April 22nd, 2014, 11:36 AM
In my ear piercing shudder:
It must have got caught in the earring when I put it in shudder: shudder:

queenovnight
April 22nd, 2014, 11:41 AM
Odd but once I found one of my hairs knotted in my boyfriends hair xD

Ocelan
April 22nd, 2014, 11:41 AM
My hairs seem to like to make balls in my woollen jacket armpits and when I used to wear woollen fabric trousers they were also sometimes found in the crotch. Talk about awkward if someone is to see that hanging on there before I manage to find it and remove it...

LunaHuntress
April 22nd, 2014, 11:51 AM
On laundry days I've sometimes taken clothes out of the washer and discovered a sock, nightgown and pair of panties tied together with only one hair. Weird since my hair isn't that long.

Squiggy
April 22nd, 2014, 12:15 PM
Everywhere! Socks, wrapped around the legs of chairs, in the refrigerator. I am truly astonished at some of the places I have found sheds! I mean, its not like I stick my head in the fridge and shake it around with my hair loose!

In my crochet - somehow I manage to crochet them in without noticing.. they will be half in so I just finish them in. Figure hell, I'm making it why not mark it with my DNA.

Haha! Everything I knit has some of my hair in it! I joke that it makes the piece that more personal and precious to me.

LavenderStar
April 22nd, 2014, 12:55 PM
I thought this was weird, but I found some shed hairs stuck to the back of some sticky notes on my desk......

ARG
April 22nd, 2014, 01:05 PM
My poor husband finds them on certain body parts (particularly if its after my wash day), and in his beard. I've found it in my daughters diaper, in the laundry, stuck to a cat claw, a cob web when dusting...

hananabread
April 22nd, 2014, 01:08 PM
My husband is a goalie on a hockey team and somehow shed hairs end up in his mask and then make their way into his mouth while he is playing!

Marbid
April 22nd, 2014, 01:14 PM
Inside the desk top computer..

In the freezer... Always in the frizzer.. When i clean it up, there are always hairs on the floor of the freezer, and never just one.. How?

I once found a hair in an electrical outlet. It was a long hair, i took it out with rubber gloves, don't know if hair conducts electricity, don't want to find out.

Inside my dvd player, i tend to find hair in electrical equipment for some reason.. They always migrate into the vents..

In a pie i baked.. Dont know how it got there, i had my hair up, and it took but 5 minutes to make that pie from a pie kit.. How did it find the opportunity to get itself baked into the pie?

I found my hair in a perfume bottle... It was an open cap ( not spray) perfume... But still... I dont have it open long enough for a hair to migrate there.. How did that happen?

In my husbands under wear.. We do our laundry together.. No surprise there.. But still funny. I let him wear it.. Wondering how long till he noticed it. Lol.

Vanilla
April 22nd, 2014, 04:01 PM
My hairs seem to like to make balls in my woollen jacket armpits and when I used to wear woollen fabric trousers they were also sometimes found in the crotch. Talk about awkward if someone is to see that hanging on there before I manage to find it and remove it...

I totally get that too! Also in the armpits of my sweaters. Always there as well.

Garnetgem
January 22nd, 2016, 01:25 AM
I find them in odd places too such as stuck to a pen kind of wrapped around it,other odd places are in our dogs mouth and even after our dog has digested it,on my tooth brush one time in in the freezer entwined around the frozen veg bag! around my big toe one day when i woke up and i am wondering how it got there even now as it was wrapped a few times around and all tidily lol!

vpatt
January 22nd, 2016, 03:29 AM
Everywhere! Socks, wrapped around the legs of chairs, in the refrigerator. I am truly astonished at some of the places I have found sheds! I mean, its not like I stick my head in the fridge and shake it around with my hair loose!

Haha! Everything I knit has some of my hair in it! I joke that it makes the piece that more personal and precious to me.

My hair isn't even very long yet and I find it in my knitting....just like I used to when it was longer.

PristineAllure
January 22nd, 2016, 06:23 AM
Books that I haven't read in years.

Amode
January 22nd, 2016, 07:03 AM
After I visit my friend who has super long blonde hair, I find her hair in unlikely places. Like my underwear. And clothes I WASN'T WEARING when I was visiting her.

irodaryne
January 22nd, 2016, 08:38 AM
I find them in my toothbrush surprisingly often and I can't figure out how on earth they get there.

lapis_lazuli
January 22nd, 2016, 08:41 AM
My hair isn't even very long yet and I find it in my knitting....just like I used to when it was longer.

Haha! I always find my hair in my knitting :rollin: I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Miss P
January 22nd, 2016, 08:47 AM
I got back an assignment and found a hair stapled in...hope I didn't get marked down for it :P

lapis_lazuli
January 22nd, 2016, 08:51 AM
I've found shed hairs piling up at the end of my bed underneath the comforter shudder: And I mean a LOT of them. I also find them in the pages of my textbooks at times. :lol:

gustavonut
January 22nd, 2016, 09:32 AM
On my mom's hair lol. And hers is much darker so you can really see light colored stuff. And it was a couple of them too. :eek:

missrandie
January 22nd, 2016, 09:52 AM
I think the worst weird one was wrapped around my hubby. Yeah.

Right now, it's not my sheds I have to worry about. It's my Persian/Himalayan kitty. She has sheds finer than angora, and I sleep with my eyes half open. I have pulled more 5 and 6 inch hairs out of my eyes than I care to recall.

lapis_lazuli
January 22nd, 2016, 10:38 AM
gustavonut and missrandie, that's so funny how your hair ended up on another person :laugh:
Thought of another one: I've found my shed hair tangled in my dog's fur. Poor thing, it's hard to get out :rolling:

But most often, it ends up between my toes as there is literally shed hair all around my room and stuck in my carpet. I can't vacuum enough to get it out!

irodaryne
January 22nd, 2016, 10:56 AM
I think the worst weird one was wrapped around my hubby. Yeah.

Right now, it's not my sheds I have to worry about. It's my Persian/Himalayan kitty. She has sheds finer than angora, and I sleep with my eyes half open. I have pulled more 5 and 6 inch hairs out of my eyes than I care to recall.

My hair has ended up wrapped around my boyfriend as well. He complains a lot about it.

Even weirder is when he finds my shed hairs in his BCL area. That one is a mystery to stump historians for ages to come. I don't go near that area.

Hairkay
January 22nd, 2016, 11:32 AM
I hope you're not eating whilst reading this. I was eating a sandwich and I found this hair in it. That put an end to my appetite and I put the rest of it in the bin. The hair wasn't mine. It wasn't even my hair colour or hair type. I did figure out who it belonged because it had been dyed a bright unnatural shade and I only knew one person with hair like that. I had words with this person.

Sarahlabyrinth
January 22nd, 2016, 01:18 PM
....The question is - where DON'T I find my hair? That would be a much easier question to answer. ;)

Islandgrrl
January 22nd, 2016, 01:38 PM
Last time I went fishing (a few weeks ago) I found a shed hair tangled up in the spooled fishing line on my reel.

lapis_lazuli
January 22nd, 2016, 01:59 PM
....The question is - where DON'T I find my hair? That would be a much easier question to answer. ;)

This. Just... this :laugh:

Freija
January 22nd, 2016, 02:40 PM
Wrapped around my wrist like a bracelet.

I was swimming at the time, in a public pool, and had been for about an hour. My hair was pinned right up in a bun, and the hair wasn't there when I got in. Definitely mine, though, unless I have a hair twin who also dyes the bottom few inches bright red : p

lapushka
January 22nd, 2016, 03:14 PM
Down the toilet bowl, and still stuck to my butt cheeks. Don't ask me... :rolleyes:

jupiterinleo
January 22nd, 2016, 04:11 PM
My roommate has ended up with my hairs wrapped around his, ah, nether regions. :lol: I think it's from sharing a washing machine. I have to pluck out long hairs from my laundry at every load; I probably miss a bunch.

trolleypup
January 22nd, 2016, 06:47 PM
I'd go with this.

I think my record was being asked if I had been doing trailwork on a particular trail. A friend said they spotted a very long hair at a work location (tangled on tree bark). And I had...a year earlier!

winship2
January 22nd, 2016, 06:50 PM
My boyfriend would like to complain/me to reply: Wrapped around his ***. Even when we haven't been ***. I have no idea how this happens.

missrandie
January 22nd, 2016, 08:12 PM
I'd go with this.

I think my record was being asked if I had been doing trailwork on a particular trail. A friend said they spotted a very long hair at a work location (tangled on tree bark). And I had...a year earlier!

Trollypup, it's okay. We know you just wanted to mark your territory. Lol

ashke50
March 3rd, 2016, 05:31 PM
My husband found a clump of my hair inside the sleeve of his pyjamas last night in bed. The look he gave me was so unimpressed I burst out laughing.

Obsidian
March 3rd, 2016, 06:01 PM
I found on of my daughter hair tangled up in the end of one of my curls.

endersworld
March 3rd, 2016, 07:00 PM
Back in freshman year, one of my guy friends found a hair on his pillow that could ONLY have belonged to me - he didn't know anyone else with long, dark hair, and his hair is short and blond. The funny part is that I had never once been in his room. To this day, neither of us are sure how it got there.

JustPam
March 4th, 2016, 03:56 AM
Just. Everywhere!

Every load of laundry I put on comes out of the machine with a decent wad of sheds. And once I thought I had a splinter or something in my sock, took it off and nope, just a single hair wrapped around my middle toe that tightened whenever I moved it.

mira-chan
March 4th, 2016, 06:31 AM
Cat's butt, wrapped around DH's body parts, in my spinning/knitting/crochet. Inside books, amongst the sewing threads.

Hairkay
March 4th, 2016, 11:43 AM
At work packed away with the toys. A little one said it was mine. It turned out she was right.