PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please.

Jeno86
April 21st, 2014, 01:45 PM
So I tend to get into ruts and have to do something "drastic" to get out of it. This tends to be either a new piercing, dying my hair, cutting my hair or something similar. Currently my hair is getting on my nerves greatly and the lower half is (to me) damaged (from the last time dyed my hair purple/bleach) and tends to tangle really badly and gets very dry. I'm thinking about cutting my hair to about collar bone length and cut off all the previous damage/old dye I still have. I also have a "long face" so really short hair does not look good on me. I took a picture with my hair tucked into my shirt to see how it would look short (haven't cut my hair in five years) and would like people's opinions on it. Please be honest. Thank you. Also, ignore the look on my face :P had a very long week and was very tired.

Current hair.
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z325/Ronin_Kitra623/20140420_194802_zpsa877ad06.jpg (http://s1184.photobucket.com/user/Ronin_Kitra623/media/20140420_194802_zpsa877ad06.jpg.html)

What I'm thinking about cutting it to.
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z325/Ronin_Kitra623/20140420_194743_zps07d45b52.jpg (http://s1184.photobucket.com/user/Ronin_Kitra623/media/20140420_194743_zps07d45b52.jpg.html)

eadwine
April 21st, 2014, 01:49 PM
DO NOT CUT THAT HAIR!

:lol:

Seriously, you will regret it to cut it back that much at once.

What I would do in your shoes is cut 2-3" TOPS, and then baby the heck out of the ends with oil or what works for you to make dry ends softer. It will feel a whole lot different already with just the short trim, take my word on that one :)

kaydana
April 21st, 2014, 01:58 PM
Your hair is really pretty. I wouldn't cut it. There's nothing wrong with it in the "short" picture, but it just looks ordinary.

If it's tangly, maybe try a little trim. Even half an inch can make a lot of difference if it's not been cut in a while.

mysticmanic
April 21st, 2014, 02:00 PM
Your long hair is AMAZING! I love it. I don't want to tell you what to do, but personally when my hair has been that length and I cut it off, I regretted it so much. I used to cry every time I got out of the salon, and now I just trim it myself. I will admit that the short hair looks good on you! But your long hair is so unique and beautiful. It doesn't APPEAR unhealthy or damaged. I have seen so much worse. It actually looks very shiny and strong.

bunnylake
April 21st, 2014, 02:03 PM
If you feel that much of your hair is damaged and having healthy hair is more important to you than having long hair, cut it.
Mine was a bit longer than yours and I cut it to chin length and I'm really glad I did. You may feel differently, though, so take time to think it over. I think that shorter hair looks good on you. If you want, you could consult with a stylist about what cuts would look best with your face shape.
But in my opinion, nothing feels better than having all healthy hair, no matter how short or long it is.

Larki
April 21st, 2014, 02:03 PM
What I would recommend if you want to cut it is to trim like an inch at a time, like an inch or so every weekend. I once cut 13 inches off in one go and cried for hours afterwards, cut too much too quickly. It felt crazy weird, like ten pounds lighter, and I hated it. You might find that you like it after just trimming a few inches.

Although personally, I don't think your hair looks damaged, it looks lovely!

lapushka
April 21st, 2014, 02:04 PM
Your hair needs to exceed your chin by the same length that your face is, at the *very* least! This is because your face is quite long. I agree, short hair does not suit you and what you showed there is already too short.

I wouldn't cut it. If the damage bothers you greatly, then just microtrim. You don't need to do drastic things if you just want a trim!

Else
April 21st, 2014, 02:05 PM
DO - NOT - CUT - YOUR - HAIR! :whip:

Your hair is beautiful and it doesn't looked damaged. It looks very neat and the length suits you well. :)

edit: If you want a change, I would suggest a piercing on your philtrum. :cool:

bunnylake
April 21st, 2014, 02:06 PM
Actually looking at the pictures again, the "short" hair pic makes your face shape seem a bit less narrow!

ErinLeigh
April 21st, 2014, 02:10 PM
I would keep the hair. Try a clarify/chelate and deep condition on the ends. Will make you feel better. I did it this weekend and it made a big difference in my tangles.

You hair is soooooo beautiful. I really think you would regret it if you cut. Maybe just take a 1/4-1/2 inch off the ends to kill the craving? That tiny amount will even make a change in how the ends feel. Just don't chop on a whim. I would hate for you to be sad.
My eye tends to see "damage" usually and you hair doesn't visually look damaged at all. The ends are smooth and pretty so whatever you are feeling and seeing can obviously be hidden. Just enjoy nursing the ends and save the hair! :)

Fairlight63
April 21st, 2014, 02:16 PM
Your hair is so beautiful! Please do NOT cut it any shorter than waist length, if you decide to cut it. Last Nov. I was wanting a change. My hair was TBL. I cut it to about waist length. It was still long looking & I could still do my favorite hair buns but it was much thicker from the trim & felt much better,but it felt so short, lol. If you decide to go shorter - just cut it a couple of inch. at a time, so it is not such a shock to you. It would take forever for it to get really long again if you decide to grow it out again. If you cut it to waist length & miss your long hair it won't take very long for it to get long again.

ErinLeigh
April 21st, 2014, 02:19 PM
What I would recommend if you want to cut it is to trim like an inch at a time, like an inch or so every weekend. I once cut 13 inches off in one go and cried for hours afterwards, cut too much too quickly. It felt crazy weird, like ten pounds lighter, and I hated it. You might find that you like it after just trimming a few inches.

Although personally, I don't think your hair looks damaged, it looks lovely!

That's a good idea. Or if you crave bigger chop go to waist and stop and think about it. This way there wont be any deep regret.
I am all for cutting if it feels right, a fresh cut is exhilarating for me.. but I don't think you would post and ask opinions if you deep down wanted to cut. You may just not be ready for anything drastic as much as the thought is there. Think about it and see how strong the urge really is before deciding. I have noticed most people that do big chops do it without asking opinions. Their resolve is strong and do not want talked out out of it. That difference tells me you should wait a bit and think it over so that whatever you decide you can say it is truly what YOU want.

Maybe try changing up the part for a side part. This will change up the look a bit and give you something "different" to try while you think about things. In my opinion (Just my opinion) If you do cut, the short cut would look better with a side part and long angled bangs.

misspurdy06
April 21st, 2014, 03:06 PM
Don't cut! When this happens to me I deep condition and tuck it away for a bit and start experimenting with my makeup and nails.

Aderyn
April 21st, 2014, 03:16 PM
I concur with only cutting a little bit off at a time (a couple inches or so) rather than a drastic change all at once. Just really don't want you to change your mind after a huge chop and wish you had kept your hair longer.

kganihanova
April 21st, 2014, 03:20 PM
If you want to cut, do it. I won't try to stop you. I would recommend going a tad longer than collarbone. Your face is long and as such, you would need the extra length to balance it out.

robin000
April 21st, 2014, 04:02 PM
Your hair is pretty, but the length you're thinking about would also be cute.

I often get an itch to change something, so I usually impose a rule that I won't do more than 6 or 9 or 12 months worth of damage. Meaning I think about my growth rate and make sure that an impulsive decision won't take longer than that pre-determined amount of time to regrow if I regret it. Then if I still want to cut more in a few days, I'll apply the same rule again. Over the course of a week or two, my hair might get quite a bit shorter, but not by 15-20" in one fell swoop like you're considering.

misspurdy06
April 21st, 2014, 04:41 PM
Also when I'm in a hair rut I walk around naked with my hair down. It tickles and because you are naked it tangles less and it's fun to play with. Dirty. lol but it helps me.

AcornMystic
April 21st, 2014, 04:51 PM
What I wouldn't give to have that hair. Heck, just the length you're thinking of cutting. Damaged ends can always be made to feel healthy. Use cones until your hair grows out. I detest cones which is why I don't use them, but if I had to choose between wearing my hair that drastically short and using cones... I'd stick that nasty plastic on my strands until my hair grew out healthy again. Then I'd do a clarify to get the cones offand never look back from my current routine. If you already use cones.. Try clarifying... it could be build up is a contributing factor. Cutting that much that fast is wayyy compulsive. *shudders* I'd probably never recommend it.

Tini'sNewHair
April 21st, 2014, 05:01 PM
I agree with what the people above said and i hope that you will take it one step at a time. Your hair is super super gorgeous!!!!!!!

Lucky_Lucy
April 21st, 2014, 05:02 PM
I agree with everyone else, don't cut the hair! A 1-2-3 inch trim would be more than enough; though your hair does't look damaged to me, if it feels all tangly, dry and damaged to you, trimming a bit off the ends would be great :)

If you still feel like you need a change after that(impulsive always-stuck-in-a-rut girl here :P), maybe you could try some other stuff like getting yet another piercing(I also tend to get tattoos, but I wouldn't recommend that in case it's not something you've been thinking about for A WHILE), or if the change needs to be hair related, there's still so much you could do, like dying only the ends(also, last 2-3 inches), and when you get bored of that just cutting them; or buying a bunch or hairtoys, or even trying some new hair products :3

irishlady
April 21st, 2014, 05:05 PM
Please don't cut your hair!!
I made a similar mistake in 2012, I cut it to pixie from almost waist length, and I really regretted it instantly.
I have also cut it from waist to collar bone and I only liked the results for a day, then wanted the length back :(

Please think very carefully, and follow the 2 week rule, before going through with this.

Jeno86
April 21st, 2014, 05:13 PM
I truly want to thank you all for your opinions and advice. I'm still not sure what I want to do but I will definitely mull it over before grabbing the scissors ^__^.

RavennaNight
April 21st, 2014, 05:33 PM
Try changing your part first. Maybe a side part or a side swept look. Flip it around, I think the center part is severe. Your texture and color from the pic looks really great, it would be a shame to cut all that hair. And definitely clarify, that usually helps with tangles. :)

xoChesleyy
April 21st, 2014, 07:06 PM
Your hair is gorgeous. I wouldn't cut it if I were you! I also don't think your hair appears damaged. O:

If you want to cut it just for a change, that you should try adding side bangs. They would suit your face shape and flatter you more, in my opinion! If you are seriously still wanting to cut it, you could start doing microtrims. This way, you can still shorten your hair length a bit while also cutting off the 'damage'. (:

Syren_Curls
April 21st, 2014, 09:19 PM
Your hair is beautiful. You look lovely with both the length you have now and the mock short look.

I can understand your urge for something different every so often. Usually, when I am hormonal, I either want to dye my hair something drastic, cut layers or bangs, or go with a bob to my chin. Most of the time, I buy myself time or complain about it to my former hairstylist mother. Twice last year, I *didn't* do that... and I'm still upset about it. During Hurricane Sandy (only so many ways to stay entertained with no power, no heat, no gas, no phone for over a week), we cut long layers into my TBL hair and angled bangs. Still growing that out. I even did a bit of a chop to waist six months after that. I'm at TBL again but with more fairy tale ends than I like and, sometimes, it really frustrates me how thin my buns end up looking. And now I'm a bit too nervous about trimming after that, lol.

That aside, the way I normally handle the urge is to try and buy myself time... if I still feel like I'm in a rut when I'm not hormonal, I'll try *something*. A few have suggested trying a side part for a bit. I would also add trying one of those clip-on bang pieces. I think it would give the illusion of changing the shape of your face for a bit. Also, maybe try doing some heat-less curls for a bit to feel a bit of a difference in addition to a visual difference. Some curl styles eat up a lot of length and your hair will move differently. The sensory experience of that might help you get that need for something different met.

After that, if you're still feeling like a cut is what you'd really like, I'd say go for it. I would do a little at a time right now, like a few others have suggested, but in the past I have done some less cautious cuts. I would say once you've really weighed and considered and decided, rather than impulsively go with it, you want a cut, you'll know which strategy feels more right to you.

Either way, hope you'll post some pics!

queenovnight
April 22nd, 2014, 07:37 AM
I love your hair! But if the damage is bothering you, you could try slowly cutting off the dyed hair as time goes by. I wouldn't cut it all off at once though. It's just so pretty.

UP Lisa
April 22nd, 2014, 07:44 AM
I think I would try bangs of some sort to shorten the face.

clioariane
April 22nd, 2014, 08:51 AM
You look great in both pictures! If you want to cut it, I would take small steps instead of chopping to collarbone length. If you cut it a few inches and still want it shorter you can always cut off more.

lazuliblue
April 22nd, 2014, 09:03 AM
My first instinct is to say 'Don't cut it!!' You have beautiful hair and it really suits you.

However, if you're not enjoying it, maybe just take a little bit off the ends like other people have suggested, and then work your way up if you want. Or maybe learn some new hairstyles, that way you can change things up a bit.

umbrellabones
April 22nd, 2014, 09:07 AM
I agree that side swept bangs would look really nice and make your face look less long. They also will provide a big change without a big chop! Don't cut it all off its beautiful!

Beborani
April 22nd, 2014, 01:51 PM
Well, I have gone from very long (classic, tailbone hip--progressively shorter i see) to very short--shoulder, chin, ear length three times in my life after long period of no cutting at all and didnt regret them at all either immediately or delayed. Not saying you should cut but just telling you my experience. You know yourself best!

AmyBeth
April 22nd, 2014, 01:58 PM
JHMO, no way would I cut that. I'm partial, but after all this is the Long Hair Community :).Periodic microtimming and babying the heck out of the ends would help and keep the length. BTW, your picture looks so much like me, we could be sisters, I showed your pic to DH and he thought so, too. He thinks we're both beautiful, long face or no:p.

longhairdreamin
April 22nd, 2014, 02:05 PM
I might trim it but it's beautiful the way it is!!! I would regret cutting that much off if I had hair your length! I haven't had my hair that long since I was very young though... It takes so long to get there!

Anje
April 22nd, 2014, 02:52 PM
Keep the hair. Get your septum pierced?

duchesswannabe
April 22nd, 2014, 03:11 PM
While I generally tell people to experiment if they want to and do what they feel comfortable with, this is the second of two cases in which I will venture a solid opinion: your hair is excellent just the way it is. (In the first case I told a poster that going for layers would be a PITA, but then I ended up getting long layers as well and not regretting it!) However, the color of your hair is so lovely, and the texture is so enviable, that I think you should enjoy it the way it is.

CarpeDM
April 22nd, 2014, 03:20 PM
Don't cut it!

Jeno86
April 22nd, 2014, 03:25 PM
I again, want to thank you all for your comments! I really appreciate it and it has made me think about the actual reasons why I want to cut as far back as I'm thinking. The last time I did a massive cut, from TBL to chin (which now that I think about it seems to be a pattern for me as I have done this many times). I regretted it for only a brief moment until I got use to it. Cutting it was almost like a new start, which is what I needed. I feel that this is what will happen if I end up cutting my hair again. I have been thinking about this for a week or so and have discussed this with my husband. He quite recently did the same thing on his hip length hair, cutting it to just above armpit, for similar reasons. My hair use to have such a great meaning to me and brought me a great deal of happiness but now, it is more of a burden than anything. I worry about it constantly, to the point where it has affected my sleep, I rarely get to wear it down because it tangles so badly very quickly, it gets in the way of simple things, I feel like I don't enjoy it at all anymore. I believe that cutting it will not only give me a greater appreciation for it but it will also give me something to look forward to and work for. I also feel that it will be "easier" for me to grow it back out as I am in much better health, nutrition wise, and actually know how to take care of it. I'm rambling somewhat but I wanted to get that out there, for my own benefit possibly haha.

Syren_Curls
April 22nd, 2014, 04:31 PM
With that kind of reflection in mind, I can completely understand and relate. I'm happy to hear that you have sat with it and figured out what was driving your urge and it definitely doesn't sound impulsive or fed-up/frustration. I'm of the mindset that our hair is part of our self expression, to both ourselves and others. If it is a meaningful part of expressing and reflecting a new start for you, that's awesome! I support you :-) And you'll look great with the cut as well as the healthier, better cared for progress you'll make if you decide to keep growing ;-)

Mizumi
April 22nd, 2014, 04:36 PM
For me your hair does not look damaged at all, it's pretty. I wouldn't cut it. The shorter hair looks ok but longer looks more interesting on you I think

FallingDarkness
April 22nd, 2014, 04:51 PM
Your hair is simply too pretty to cut.

SleepyTangles
April 22nd, 2014, 04:57 PM
A big part of me wants to scream "PLEASE DON'T DO THAT" with all my lungs power, because your hair is so, so beautiful and really suits your face and features!

But I get that life is too short for sticking with hair that you don't like anymore. Just don't cut it because you are bored, make sure you are going to get a haircut you really LOVE, and you are excited to get :flower:. Chopping to collarbone (to me) seems way too much and sudden and may not satify you and your need for "drastic" changes.
Waist or BSL sounds better to me. Its long, but you can actually enjoy it, wear it loose, and it won't be always in the way.
I also agree that there are a lot of options to change your haircut: side part, face-framing layers, long layers, bangs...

Your hair looks shiny and nice to me, if damage if the problem I'd trim few inches, then microtrim slowly the damage.

Two weeks rule ;)?

ARG
April 22nd, 2014, 04:59 PM
.... My hair use to have such a great meaning to me and brought me a great deal of happiness but now, it is more of a burden than anything. I worry about it constantly, to the point where it has affected my sleep, I rarely get to wear it down because it tangles so badly very quickly, it gets in the way of simple things, I feel like I don't enjoy it at all anymore. I believe that cutting it will not only give me a greater appreciation for it but it will also give me something to look forward to and work for. I also feel that it will be "easier" for me to grow it back out as I am in much better health, nutrition wise, and actually know how to take care of it.

Its your hair, if it's causing you problems, do what you feel is best for your emotional well being. I would recommend cutting it, based on what you said, but I would advise incremental cutting, you may find a length you enjoy that's longer than you originally thought you'd enjoy and it'll help you adjust to the shortening hair.

lapushka
April 22nd, 2014, 05:19 PM
My hair use to have such a great meaning to me and brought me a great deal of happiness but now, it is more of a burden than anything. I worry about it constantly, to the point where it has affected my sleep, I rarely get to wear it down because it tangles so badly very quickly, it gets in the way of simple things, I feel like I don't enjoy it at all anymore. I believe that cutting it will not only give me a greater appreciation for it but it will also give me something to look forward to and work for. I also feel that it will be "easier" for me to grow it back out as I am in much better health, nutrition wise, and actually know how to take care of it. I'm rambling somewhat but I wanted to get that out there, for my own benefit possibly haha.

This sounds like you're trying to justify it in your mind. You really want to go for that cut, don't you? We're not here to stop you from doing so, but if on any of those other occasions when you went shorter there was regret, I'd think long and hard before getting out the scissors.

Jeno86
April 22nd, 2014, 05:26 PM
This sounds like you're trying to justify it in your mind. You really want to go for that cut, don't you? We're not here to stop you from doing so, but if on any of those other occasions when you went shorter there was regret, I'd think long and hard before getting out the scissors.

I often have to justify things to myself hahaha it can get annoying. I'm also very indecisive so it can take me weeks to do something simple for myself (like a hair cut) so I don't expect to get the cut done for a while. Plus, the person I trust to cut my hair isn't in town so I have to wait anyway.

molljo
April 22nd, 2014, 05:31 PM
I don't think that you're trying to "justify" anything. Honestly, it sounds like you've thought about this deeply, and in my mind, the whole reason to have long hair is to enjoy it, in whatever form that takes. Losing sleep and referring to you hair as a burden doesn't sound like you enjoy it anymore, and just because it's pretty (which it really, really is) is absolutely no reason to keep it. Think about the LHC slogan, "I'm not here to decorate your world." Do what you think will make you happiest, and if that means chopping it off, then go for it.

Syren_Curls
April 22nd, 2014, 05:34 PM
I don't think that you're trying to "justify" anything. Honestly, it sounds like you've thought about this deeply, and in my mind, the whole reason to have long hair is to enjoy it, in whatever form that takes. Losing sleep and referring to you hair as a burden doesn't sound like you enjoy it anymore, and just because it's pretty (which it really, really is) is absolutely no reason to keep it. Think about the LHC slogan, "I'm not here to decorate your world." Do what you think will make you happiest, and if that means chopping it off, then go for it.

Well stated. I completely agree.

quiltlady
April 27th, 2014, 06:36 AM
Don't cut your hair. If you need to remove damage cut a small amount, about an inch. The second picture your hair is too short.

fairylover46
April 27th, 2014, 09:01 AM
It's your hair, so I am not going to tell you what to do with it. Just make a few suggestions. It sounds like you are bored with your hair. 1) Have you tried experimenting with different hairstyles? There are literally thousands of tutorials on how to do different hairstyles on the Internet. Experiment and try some! I have always liked Elven, fairy, princess, Medieval stuff. Found a ton of cool hairstyles that fit right in to the look. 2) Have you tried decorating your hair? The self made hair toy thread has alot of inspiring crafts. Now I have a new hobby I thoroughly enjoy and cool hair toys to play with. 3) Conditioning treatments? There are several different treatments/oils you can experiment with. Once a week at least I have "spa time" and put an oil treatment or conditioner in, pop on a shower cap, and sit under a dome hair dryer set on low heat for twenty minutes or so. I have a clay facial mask on while I do this, then after that I do my nails. Makes me feel like a new woman! Since I am into the fairy/Elven/Renaissance type stuff, I now do a cool protective style, put on my lacey flowing blouse, slide in self made hairtoys with matching jewelry, and set myself apart from the rest of the "inside the box" thinkers in the small Georgia town I live in. Get complemented frequently about my "unusual but cool looking" style. Even have small kids come up asking me if I am a fairy or a princess. I don't know what look you are into, but maybe you could find your own style you are happy with, try/learn new styles that fit with the look, experiment with decoration, and pamper yourself from time to time. That way you can keep your length and still do different stuff so you don't get bored. (Personally, I am having the time of my life trying new styles, clothes, accessories, and so on.) Again, not telling you what to do, just offering ideas, suggestions. Think long and hard before you cut, a few minutes in a salon can lead to years of regret.

fairylover46
April 27th, 2014, 09:14 AM
I know in the previous post I said I was not going to tell you what to do with it....

But I cannot resist......

Please don't cut your hair you are a beautiful woman just the way you are!!!!!

Sorry, just couldn't control it any longer:)

Suze2012
April 27th, 2014, 09:27 AM
In the photos your hair 'looks' perfectly healthy..but only you know how it feels....(and looks up close).

I grew my hair for 3 years with no cuts and it was in a pickle to be really honest!
Mine is curly so looked worse though..even in a photo.

I had before that had it highlighted and also used to blow dry and straighten it.
(all of this was years ago and way before I came here).

I went for a first cut and just had about 2 inches cut off. It was damaged further up but I still wanted to grow it so I just carried on every six months having an inch or two - whatever I felt happy with.

If you like your hair long don't go for such a drastic cut as you are thinking of.

I would suggest chipping into the sides and trying a long side swept fringe to soften up your face shape but if I were you only go for a graduation at first that makes the front only up to 2 inches shorter than the sides and back.

I have arguments with my hair dresser on the length she cuts my hair these days. She will never cut as much as I want....and she is always right...actually...

If you do decide to cut do it gradually. Each little chop of the damaged area will feel instantly better I promise you! It did for me!

MINAKO
April 27th, 2014, 09:50 AM
No such thing as having to walk around with long hair that finally bothers you, i knooo! It doesnt look that fried in the picture, so if you generally prefer long, i would take it slow and just trim. If you want short hair, then cut it. I personally think about this long bob thing all the time because i have to straighten mine. Didnt muster up the courage yet but i think it would look lovely. I dont think the lenght shown in the 2nd image would be too short. Long hair that doesnt feel healthy ist only am option if you can commit to permanently wearing it up imo.

patienceneeded
April 27th, 2014, 10:23 AM
OP - I get how you feel. I also get bored/in a rut and feel like I need to do something drastic to yank me out of it. Case in point - I got 3 new piercings last Tuesday. I think it's a "great, winter's finally over but the spring weather sucks and I'm bored" issue for me. I went with piercings because I didn't want to mess with my hair.

As far as your hair goes, do what will make you the happiest. I think your hair looks beautiful, but the pics don't show the damage you say you have. I don't think I would cut as short as your hair in the second pic, it seems unnecessary to go that short. If your heart is set on cutting, try taking it up to BSL. Still long, but it will remove a lot of the old damage and still balance your face. Once again, this needs to be a decision you are happy with. You can always cut again if BSL is too long, but you can't go longer once cut.

höpönasu
April 27th, 2014, 11:22 AM
I'll happily take all your length you cut. :flower:
I recommend to take a bit first, then another bit, another etc. so you won't take too much and regret. It's gorgeous hair!

UltraBella
April 27th, 2014, 11:26 AM
I say, cut it and enjoy your new style & healthy ends ! I've had several huge cuts and I loved every one of them. I was ready for it, and it sounds like you are too. Pictures !!!!

eva888
April 27th, 2014, 11:32 AM
I completely understand how you feel. I get that way too, so do whatever you gotta do: get a piercing, tattoo, jump out of an airplane, but step away from the scissors!

OUKess
April 27th, 2014, 01:03 PM
You have beautiful hair!!! I would not cut it, but you need to do what makes you happy!!!

Of the Fae
April 27th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Step. Away. From the scissors...

no seriously, if you are serious about your cut you should, however, I know the drastic change to get out of a rut, and personally I generally regret those decisions afterwards because they are made not because of the benefit of the change itself, but perhaps more to shift focus or for the sake of a change, no matter what.
Think it over, your hair is gorgeous.

gonzobird
April 27th, 2014, 01:32 PM
I like how everyone here is so quick to say don't cut it when there are so many replies on the article I posted where you say the guy who wrote it is disgusting for saying her prefers long hair... I digress...

What about a side part and some longer layers in the front of your hair? One length hair to me sometmes can get old and stagnant, but some face framing layers or long bangs brings new life to all one length hair sometimes. Changing it up a bit without going crazy.

Jeno86
April 27th, 2014, 02:27 PM
So this happened...

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z325/Ronin_Kitra623/1901380_10202670597539624_4961516204418251613_n_zp sa5c2d16d.jpg (http://s1184.photobucket.com/user/Ronin_Kitra623/media/1901380_10202670597539624_4961516204418251613_n_zp sa5c2d16d.jpg.html)
(I hate looking at photos of myself >_<)

I honestly am very happy with the cut! It is what I needed to do. All of the old dye and damage is gone and now I can start fresh. Cutting my hair has made me even more excited to grow it back out again. Every time I have cut my hair short (happens every five or six years or so) my hair grows back fuller, faster and much healthier. So I'm very excited to see what my hair will do this time. Enough rambling, thank you all for your comments and support! And now, to start my hair journey anew and with a rekindled passion and joy! My only regret is that I didn't go shorter.

Syren_Curls
April 27th, 2014, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the update... and I am glad to hear your enthusiasm and excitement. May this be an even more fun and fulfilling journey for you ;-)

ErinLeigh
April 28th, 2014, 12:30 AM
Well stated. I completely agree.

I agree with that too. It sounds like the hair is really on your mind way to often and I can understand that. Sometimes you just need to be free of certain things that weigh on you. Whether that is a big chop or something more moderate it does sound like you are putting some serious thought into it. It sounds like you have a very healthy attitude to the regrowth process though so that is good. There are actually quite a few people on this forum I have seen that have cut with the intention to regrow. They just wanted a fresh beginning. It is very understandable.

You know your heart. If cutting isn't going to through you into a despair, and you can look at it as an adventure, then sure...why not. CBL is a very flattering length in my opinion.

After all the responses...where is your head right now?

EDIT: HOW I MISSED THE REST OF THE THREAD!!! YOU DID IT!
How does it feel? You look very beautiful and happy. Relieved even. It is so very flattering. I just love it. It looks nothing like the picture with it stuffed into you shirt. The volume makes all the difference. It looks so full and light. I had to look twice. I couldn't believe you are type i and not ii. I am super happy for you.

ravenreed
April 28th, 2014, 12:49 AM
I actually think that this is a very flattering length for you. Enjoy your fresh start!

So this happened...

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z325/Ronin_Kitra623/1901380_10202670597539624_4961516204418251613_n_zp sa5c2d16d.jpg (http://s1184.photobucket.com/user/Ronin_Kitra623/media/1901380_10202670597539624_4961516204418251613_n_zp sa5c2d16d.jpg.html)
(I hate looking at photos of myself >_<)

I honestly am very happy with the cut! It is what I needed to do. All of the old dye and damage is gone and now I can start fresh. Cutting my hair has made me even more excited to grow it back out again. Every time I have cut my hair short (happens every five or six years or so) my hair grows back fuller, faster and much healthier. So I'm very excited to see what my hair will do this time. Enough rambling, thank you all for your comments and support! And now, to start my hair journey anew and with a rekindled passion and joy! My only regret is that I didn't go shorter.

Henna Girl
April 28th, 2014, 12:57 AM
So you did it in the end! This length suits you a lot, isn't too short. The most important thing is that you like it :)

Jeno86
April 28th, 2014, 09:16 AM
EDIT: HOW I MISSED THE REST OF THE THREAD!!! YOU DID IT!
How does it feel? You look very beautiful and happy. Relieved even. It is so very flattering. I just love it. It looks nothing like the picture with it stuffed into you shirt. The volume makes all the difference. It looks so full and light. I had to look twice. I couldn't believe you are type i and not ii. I am super happy for you.

Thank you ^_^ Yeah my mother (who cut my hair) was really surprised by just how much volume and wave my hair actually has. Sadly, when my hair is long it pulls all the volume and wave out of it.

ARG
April 28th, 2014, 09:25 AM
It looks amazing! But most importantly, you are happy with it and enjoying it! Go shorter if you want!

Mainesongbird
April 28th, 2014, 09:38 AM
The most I would do is cut to BSL if it is bothering you that much. It would still be a big change, but it would refresh things. Your hair is pretty!

Anje
April 28th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Looks cute on you! I wish you much enjoyment of your hair, at this and all lengths!

Elanadi
April 28th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Good for you, I love it!!! It looks free and happy, and you look great with that length! :)

patienceneeded
April 28th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Very cute! I love the waves you've got at that length. You look very happy.