PDA

View Full Version : If Money Were No Object What Would You Do For Your Hair?

MadeiraD
April 20th, 2014, 06:53 PM
If you could spend literally anything on hair related stuff what would you get/do

I would hire someone to do my S&D and to style my hair for me.

I would fund scientific research into less damaging ways to colour and style hair and into reparative technologies (split end fixing nano bots maybe)

I would own every ficcare and keep buying whatever timberstone turnings put out.

I would have hair jewelry made with actual jewels.

I would sleep on silk sheets not just silk pillow cases to protect my hair.

I would let my hair soak in a vat of coconut oil.

meteor
April 20th, 2014, 06:59 PM
I would fund scientific research into less damaging ways to colour and style hair and into reparative technologies (split end fixing nano bots maybe)
This ^ plus, funding research into hairloss solutions.

And maybe a few hair sticks / forks made with the most rare diamonds. Pretty and extra-compact way of carrying millions of dollars in hair. :)

ArienEllariel
April 20th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Invest in a hair treatment mask at a spa involving actual gold flecks. Just for the hell of it.

meteor
April 20th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Invest in a hair treatment mask at a spa involving actual gold flecks. Just for the hell of it.
Cool! :) According to some reports, Ancient Hebrew nobles scattered tiny particles of gold in their hair to make it shine, so I imagine it looks good: http://thehistoryofthehairsworld.com/old_age_2.html

MadeiraD
April 20th, 2014, 07:46 PM
Oh also mason pearson everything

dollyfish
April 20th, 2014, 07:49 PM
I would own every ficcare and keep buying whatever timberstone turnings put out.

:lol:

This was my first thought!! My god, the ficcare clips I could buy...!!!

Yeah, hair toys. Hair toys for sure.

I think I would also buy a very large and diverse collection of oils and essential oils. I would love to have more of those, but I can't really afford things like that right now. If only I could have 200 different essential oils and a few hundred spray bottles. MMmmm.

Vanilla
April 20th, 2014, 07:55 PM
I'd go to madora in NYC for more of their famous hair treatments and trims. They also do amazing styling as well. So I'd go there all the time.

CurlyCap
April 20th, 2014, 10:07 PM
1. Pay for someone to do S&Ds.
2. Having a stylist on call. Not every morning because, bah, I value my free time. But literally be able to pick up the phone and say "Come crown braid my hair" or "Begin mixing up absorbable oils. I want my DT to start at 8:30."
3. A room full of hair stuff. Oils, toys, ribbons, hair jewels. Like some women dream about the ultimate walk-in closet.
4. WIGS. Lots and lots of high quality wigs. I love how they give you a completely different look. But it's really hard to find wigs that fit my giant head + all my hair. My wigs would be custom using high quality hair and I'd have hundreds.
5. A valet for the hair room. Because, dude, I'm not taking care of all that stuff.

Bene
April 20th, 2014, 10:21 PM
Probably shave it all off. Start from scratch. Invest in some nice head scarves and hats, then grow it out as long as possible.

Rosa Harris
April 20th, 2014, 11:19 PM
Buy ancient hair toys!

Start the hair museum of the ancient world.

Fund investigation into ancient hairstyles and haircare practices with special focus on pre-historic cultures.

And of course put this stuff back into practice.

Ambystoma
April 21st, 2014, 12:12 AM
Get a pair of Hikari Cosmos wet/dry cutting shears for my self trims and s&d, a Thomas Liroac horn comb, pear wood handle soft boar brush, (and for my son, one of their ultra soft goat hair baby brushes - although I'm sure I'd steal it to smooth updos :laugh:) and commission an exact copy of my favourite conditioner and serum with no added scent, so that I could add my own stuff like 100% pure sambac jasmine and tuberose oils and Rose Otto, styrax benzoin, oud etc

Aww man, now I wish I could afford all this stuff!

julee
April 21st, 2014, 01:43 AM

I would have hair jewelry made with actual jewels.

This! I would hire a team to search the globe (and stalk ebay) for every ficcare ever made and open a ficcare museum. I would also commission Nightblooming to make a range of custom designed ficcares which contained real gemstones (I'm thinking a silver glittery primavera with real emeralds :D)

woolyleprechaun
April 21st, 2014, 01:55 AM
Ahhhh I'd definitely buy a ton of hairtoys. Just Eaduard hairsticks, flexis and ficcares for me, I think. And a butt load of essential oils and such. Nothing too extravagant, I don't think ;)
To be honest, I'm sort of glad I can't afford everything I want all the time. I treasure the things I do have, and when I have a toy splurge (I live in the UK so it makes sense to buy more than one item from a seller for shipping and that) I hide them away and my family give them to me as gifts on special occasions. Every toy I have, I know when I had it and who gave it me :) Sorry for the derailment....

ErinLeigh
April 21st, 2014, 02:16 AM
I would have a personal hair person to wash, deep condition, clarify, style and set my hair. I would do lots of special hair treatments. I would also have them give me a daily scalp massage. They would live in my guest house area with my masseuse. I would adorn hair with the coolest pins and jewels. That is about it. There are many more things I would do for others but list is too big.

ErinLeigh
April 21st, 2014, 02:17 AM
Ahhhh I'd definitely buy a ton of hairtoys. Just Eaduard hairsticks, flexis and ficcares for me, I think. And a butt load of essential oils and such. Nothing too extravagant, I don't think ;)
To be honest, I'm sort of glad I can't afford everything I want all the time. I treasure the things I do have, and when I have a toy splurge (I live in the UK so it makes sense to buy more than one item from a seller for shipping and that) I hide them away and my family give them to me as gifts on special occasions. Every toy I have, I know when I had it and who gave it me :) Sorry for the derailment....

aww that is nice to read.

Frozen_Farmgirl
April 21st, 2014, 04:45 AM
I'd buy lots of gorgeous hair toys =D

sarahthegemini
April 21st, 2014, 04:54 AM
Tbh I don't think I would do anything different. Except perhaps invent a potion that made hair grow quicker.

Crumpet
April 21st, 2014, 05:44 AM
I'd go to madora in NYC for more of their famous hair treatments and trims. They also do amazing styling as well. So I'd go there all the time.

My first thought also!

kaydana
April 21st, 2014, 06:01 AM
I'd hire Gumball as my personal stylist so I could have gorgeous braided updos every day. If money were no object I'm sure I could pay enough to convince him to relocate.

And I'd buy a few hair toys, of course.

Weewah
April 21st, 2014, 07:29 AM
My first thought is I'd buy a lot more of these pricy curlmart products and not feel bad about it.

lapushka
April 21st, 2014, 07:33 AM
I think I'd get a few more Ficcares, and Flexi8s as well as a few nice Quattro pieces. No Grahtoe anymore even though maybe I could (because IMMHO they're getting to be overpriced for what they are).

I'd continue to use my cheapo hair products, though, and nothing else would really change. Myeah maybe I could be convinced to get a few Devacurl products and Jessicurl ones, as well as some Knot today stuff. Like 'em but too expensive for me.

Madora
April 21st, 2014, 07:40 AM
Go to NYC and the George Michael salon for treatments every 6 months!

CurlyOne
April 21st, 2014, 09:32 AM
I would hire someone for personal hair care, fully skilled in the ways of curly hair. Then get a ton of new toys and oils!

eva888
April 21st, 2014, 09:44 AM
I would have a personal hair person to wash, deep condition, clarify, style and set my hair. I would do lots of special hair treatments. I would also have them give me a daily scalp massage. They would live in my guest house area with my masseuse. I would adorn hair with the coolest pins and jewels. That is about it. There are many more things I would do for others but list is too big.

Yes this is what I would do too! I would also buy so many products it would be terrible. Lots of Devacurl, Ouidad, Wen, etc. But mostly it would be all about the scalp massages and the deep treatments. :)

GoldenSilk
April 21st, 2014, 03:54 PM
I think I'd get a few more Ficcares, and Flexi8s as well as a few nice Quattro pieces. No Grahtoe anymore even though maybe I could (because IMMHO they're getting to be overpriced for what they are).

I'd continue to use my cheapo hair products, though, and nothing else would really change. Myeah maybe I could be convinced to get a few Devacurl products and Jessicurl ones, as well as some Knot today stuff. Like 'em but too expensive for me.

Agree with all of this!

Oh, I'd buy some nice silk sleep caps, pillowcases, and maybe even sheets, enough so that I could alternate for washing. Extra Tangle Teezers and hair scissors to scatter around the house and my purses.

The personal hair stylist sounds like a good idea, until I remember that I'm tangle-prone, tender-headed, prone to breakage, and a control freak besides... :P

My big extravagance would be a fully equipped and stocked analytical and synthetic chemistry laboratory, for my hair experiments. I could reverse engineer my favorite products and tweak them directly. I mean, I'm really more of a theoretical chemist, but I could make an exception for my hair! :D

chen bao jun
April 21st, 2014, 05:28 PM
I can't think what I would do differently. I hate other people to do my hair. I love my (cheap) products I am currently using. I just made another satin pillowcase, so now I have two and if I want more, I will make more and while I could buy more hair toys, I find that they, like most things, are only really fascinating until you get them, at which point they become something else that you aren't using all that much and feeling guilty about. I am not exactly suffering from hair toy dearth now, even if they aren't made of precious jewels or gold.
I might buy lots of supplies to make more hairtoys, I do love experimenting and making things, though you get oversupplied with those, too.
I would certain travel and go to rosa's museum of ancient hair, that sounds fascinating.

Nadine <3
April 21st, 2014, 06:25 PM
My conditioner hoarding would probably just get worse LOL

vindo
April 21st, 2014, 07:07 PM
I would invest all the money into hair science and treating hair loss as well as all other hair related issues. :)

norths
April 21st, 2014, 07:26 PM
I would pay someone to braid my hair in intricate braids. Because im not very good. Or i would buy a bunch of jewelled hair pins and accessories. Like encrusted with diamonds and emeralds.

YvetteVarie
April 22nd, 2014, 08:08 AM
I would buy lots of high quality wigs for when I just don't want to deal with my hair. I would also be able to import all the products I really wanted to try. And also invest in a salon quality hair steamer, blow dryer and flat iron (and finally dump my cheap blow dryer and flat iron).

knhess
April 22nd, 2014, 08:35 AM
I would hire my own personal S&Der! And someone to braid my hair (gently of course). I would also want to help fund research preventing baldness... It really hurts my poor DBF's self-esteem... Oh and I wouldn't mind all silk sheets and pillowcases!

clioariane
April 22nd, 2014, 08:49 AM
A personal hairstylist at my command and a lifetime supply of Kérastase products! ;)

Also: daily scalp massages.

prettigurl
February 28th, 2015, 08:05 AM
I would buy every Kerastase product and go to the salon regularly for deep treatments and blowouts.

Heck I might as well just build a salon in my house and hire an on call hair stylist.

Stray_mind
February 28th, 2015, 08:18 AM
Unlimited supply of hair toys and natural hair care products :)

EdG
February 28th, 2015, 08:38 AM
Nothing. Money can't buy love, happiness, or longer hair. :lol:
Ed

butterfly_dream
February 28th, 2015, 08:55 AM
I would buy Rene Lalique hair combs. :crush:
https://www.google.it/search?q=Rene+lalique+hair+combs&safe=off&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=1uLxVN-2IIvmaMaggsAL&ved=0CCEQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=639
I tried to buy one of those at auction antiques, but I was outbid by an old and BALD collector. :evil:

*ReiKa*
February 28th, 2015, 08:56 AM
I vote for a personal hairstylist too, that I would give a call and would come at my house straightaway. Someone that would comb and style my hair specifically the way I ask him/her, and that is gonna work with the products, the tools and the heat setting that I choose (you know, if you ask the hairdresser in the salon to use your products or to use a milder heat setting they look at you as if you are a freaking alien)

ExpectoPatronum
February 28th, 2015, 09:10 AM
I would get it colored professionally as I really want dark purple hair. You wouldn't think that would be hard to get without bleaching, but it's proving to be an elusive color. I'm getting close though.

divinedobbie
February 28th, 2015, 09:27 AM
I would buy lots of hair products even if I just want to "try" them and don't know if they'll work for me. I'd buy beautiful hair toys. Go to the salon for deep treatments and hire a personal stylist.

Shibe
February 28th, 2015, 09:53 AM
Lots of Argan oil, and someone to make my catnip tea batches for me!

bonbon58
February 28th, 2015, 10:30 AM
I would go to GM salon regularly! Oh and can't forget, unlimited hair toys and oils/whatnot

bonbon58
February 28th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Ed

This is so true!! I should remind myself of this every day :p

endlessly
February 28th, 2015, 10:39 AM
If money were no object, I would still use the same products I'm using since I know they work so well for my hair, but I would stock up. Since my go-to brand is Lush, I would most likely purchase everything they sold for hair and probably be pretty greedy with the amount I use versus limiting myself like I do now. Otherwise, I wouldn't be opposed to hiring my own stylist to have on stand-by so my hair always manages to look amazing.

Another thing I would be interested in is having some sort of invisible device that protects my hair from any and all types of damage. If it was a windy day, I could wear my hair down because it wouldn't go anywhere. If it were rainy, my hair would stay magically dry. Something like that! Scientists need to get on this one!

truepeacenik
February 28th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Ed

Except, I'd travel to meets all around the world. Inciting them if I had to.

chen bao jun
February 28th, 2015, 11:36 AM
https://www.google.it/search?q=Rene+lalique+hair+combs&safe=off&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=1uLxVN-2IIvmaMaggsAL&ved=0CCEQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=639
I tried to buy one of those at auction antiques, but I was outbid by an old and BALD collector. :evil:

Okay, I'd get one or two of these.

gthlvrmx
February 28th, 2015, 12:30 PM
I would get people to find a cure for hairloss. I'd pay them to make scientific discoveries and help with hairloss that way there's a solution rather than just going bald or have patches on your head :p I would also buy as many hair sticks and hair forks as I can with crystals on them! I would also buy some more baby oil but 1 bottle lasts me for maybe 2 years or more :p So maybe not so much baby oil to buy.

laceyfairy
March 1st, 2015, 06:12 AM
I would go to GM salon regularly! Oh and can't forget, unlimited hair toys and oils/whatnot

I agree with this though I might want to limit my space for storage for toys and potions

DaveDecker
March 1st, 2015, 08:30 AM
Except, I'd travel to meets all around the world. Inciting them if I had to.

Or around one's home country, anyway. ;)

jacqueline101
March 1st, 2015, 08:35 AM
I'd bought that caboodle from my kmart going out of business sale and return my food bowls to the kitchen. Then I'd buy hair toys, I'd buy my favorite products, and I'd get ficcare type clips to redo. That sounds fun.

truepeacenik
March 1st, 2015, 09:45 AM
Or around one's home country, anyway. ;)
I have a passport and I intend to wear it out. Plus, YOU already have the homeland hair security gig locked down.

Angels+Eyeliner
March 1st, 2015, 11:02 AM
I wouldn't go mad buying every hair toy, or get diamonds or anything, but I would commission pieces I really like rather than feeling like I need to choose between this colour and that design. I'd spend hours on Etsy commissioning all sorts of beauties from lots of different people to support independent crafters.

I'd replace all the bedding with silk. Enough that I can change it whenever I like.

I'd have my own bathroom built. Somewhere I could keep all my bits, with a soundproof and lockable door so I could deep condition without being called to do anything else. All the surfaces would be incredibly easy to clean no matter what I spilled on them (I daren't henna or dye my hair for fear of messing the bathroom right now).

I'd probably get someone to S+D my hair, and I would definitely hire someone to put it up for me for special occasions.

Salty Sloth
March 1st, 2015, 12:47 PM
I'd have a George Michael appointment every 6 months for the works and I'd pay someone to maintain and style my hair in the meantime. =D

Hairkay
March 1st, 2015, 12:59 PM
I'd migrate in winters to the tropics annually since it's better for my skin and hair.

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
March 1st, 2015, 01:00 PM
Ed
I love this! :)

If money were no object though, I'd probably have a few more hair toys. Not a ton, but a few more... Also, definitely silk sheets. And I'd visit the GM salon at least once. :o

Sarahlabyrinth
March 1st, 2015, 01:11 PM
All the money in the world can't make your hair grow faster, sadly.... But it makes what we have/are acquiring all that more precious and special.

If I had ridiculously large amounts of money I might - persuade GM salons to open a salon here in my local town.....

MiamiPineapple
March 1st, 2015, 01:33 PM
Fly to the George Michael salon in NYC and have my hair cut every 6 months. I am still trying to figure out when I can get to NY so I can go there for the first time.

Colochita
March 1st, 2015, 02:01 PM
I would hire Reneice of Reneice and Company in Rockville, MD.

I would fly her out to wherever I was and have her do my hair on a weekly basis. I wouldn't touch it ever again.

TaterTot
March 1st, 2015, 03:20 PM
Probably shave it all off. Start from scratch. Invest in some nice head scarves and hats, then grow it out as long as possible.

I shaved all mine off - bought a 60$ wig - it's going great.
I wish I could buy more patience though!

Beckstar
March 1st, 2015, 03:32 PM
I would go crazy and develop a Flexi-8 addiction that I could support. :)

Mimha
March 2nd, 2015, 05:01 AM
(...)
I wish I could buy more patience though!

Ha ha ha ! THAT !!^^ :D

jacqueline101
March 2nd, 2015, 05:12 AM
I'd buy ficcares,flexi8's, and wooden hair forks. I have a large hair stick collection. I'd send off to eBay for a lot of craft supplies. I'd build a hair you box.

Nimia
March 2nd, 2015, 08:58 AM

AAAaaaaaaa! Too… much… beauty. Can't stop looking at photos of the hair combs. It had never occurred to me that one might be available for purchase by a lowly mortal, through an auction. (A couple years ago I went to the Gulbenkian Museum in Lisbon, and saw the Lalique collection… So much beauty, so hard to leave.)

With endless money, I would have a hairdresser on call who'd come to the house and put my hair up in elaborate historical styles, complete with period-appropriate combs, sticks, etc.

iYaap
March 2nd, 2015, 10:23 AM
I would invest in research that gives you more hair. Maybe by culturing hair follicles and planting them back on your head.

dellad
March 2nd, 2015, 11:17 AM
MiamiPineapple, there is a NYC GM salon meet happening in October. :-)

Fly to the George Michael salon in NYC and have my hair cut every 6 months. I am still trying to figure out when I can get to NY so I can go there for the first time.

StellaKatherine
March 2nd, 2015, 11:24 AM
Ohh I would buy some many toys....... crazy amounts hahaha. But most of all, I would have a professional chef making all the meals for me, the most healthies and good for my hair ;)

nitagurl
March 8th, 2015, 02:19 PM
hmm.... .there's nothing a few extra dollars could do for me that isn't getting done already. I mean, what would an extra $100, $1000, or $100,000,000 buy my hair? A hair dryer built in space? Don't need it.

AlexDig
March 8th, 2015, 03:04 PM
What a fun question! I'd get more hair toys as well but I would definitely pay someone to come to my house and style my hair! Heat-free, of course :-)

Tristania
March 8th, 2015, 03:21 PM
Probably hire someone who actually knows how to care for long hair.

Nettyx
March 8th, 2015, 04:08 PM
I'd get a soft water filter for my shower. Then just buy Ficcares in all the colours of the rainbow.

butter52
March 8th, 2015, 04:27 PM
Also: daily scalp massages.

yuppp. I would get my hair washed and scalped massaged every day. aaaammmmm it relaxes me just to imagine it

MINAKO
March 8th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Ugh, i dont think i could spend any more then i already do, haha. Ok to get really fancy i would have two geishas trained to apply my products and handle my hair in EXACTLY the way i like it and i would buy any sterling silver toy that crosses my path. I also would have custom made ones. Also i would my own spring water fountain in the bathroom.

Talking about Nano Bots to fix split ends, how about a bunch of friendly spiders doing that? lol. someone should find a species that is skilled and willing to glue these buggers together and also undoes fairy knots.

chen bao jun
March 8th, 2015, 10:45 PM
Off topic, but MINAKO, I love your new avatar. is it you? the bun and the hairtoys in it look lovely

ghost
March 9th, 2015, 12:27 AM
I would actually probably visit salons a lot more? Not for trims, but for deep treatments. I know Aveda salons have some really good ones, and probably other salons do as well! I'd probably start getting my color done in a salon, too -one less thing to have to clean up after around the house.
Otherwise, lots of hairtoys, lots of hair oils and salves (I'd probably try to order like an economy-sized thing of NightBlooming Freyja Salve), and in addition to all the hair toys, I would use the money to get started on woodwork, so I could learn how to make my own hair forks. I think that would be pretty cool.

...And veering off into total fantasy-land, I'd go find some Dwarves and pay them to make me a hairpiece like they did for Thor's wife, Sif: all out of metal (hers was gold, I'd probably ask for platinum, or something black...black metal!! \m/\m/) but it would bond to the head and grow like real hair. And I'd pick Classic for my starting length, so I could cheat :p

animetor7
March 9th, 2015, 01:07 AM
I probably wouldn't change my products or anything, but I'd pay to go to a professional hairdresser who actually listens to what I have to say to get it cut. I would also buy some more hair toys, and maybe some essential oils, but I don't know, I don't think much would change for me. :)

ladyfey
March 9th, 2015, 05:32 AM
I'd want to try one of those Saraband headbands from etsy.

MINAKO
March 9th, 2015, 05:46 AM
Off topic, but MINAKO, I love your new avatar. is it you? the bun and the hairtoys in it look lovely

Thank you Chen :) ! Yes its me, i did upload a closeup in the general picture thread too. Im wearing a center held cinnabun and the toys are aluminium knitting needles topped with black acrylic drawer knobs. I recently moved and had to go to the hardware store alot. kind of my industrial interpretation of traditional Tama Kanzashis.

Agnieszka
March 9th, 2015, 08:04 AM
I would start with a week of spa in Maldives to get myself detoxed and pampered, then I would visit George Michael hair salon in London every week to treat my hair and dry them with those famous huge rollers:-)

Khristopher
March 9th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Oh, I would buy so much henna! Enough henna for at least two years lol. And some oils to experiment and pretty hair toys but no more than that. I'm just not a fan of super-expensive-anything, and my hair doesn't complain either!

*ReiKa*
March 9th, 2015, 12:01 PM
You guys always talking about these GM salons are really tempting me.... especially after finding out that there is one here in London...
I have a hairdresser that actually cuts what I tell her to, so I can't really complain, but it's a bit embarassing to be laughed at everytime because of my usual "not-even-an-inch" haircut...
But I guess I'll keep getting laughed at since the difference in prices is not minimal...

MINAKO
March 9th, 2015, 12:10 PM
You guys always talking about these GM salons are really tempting me.... especially after finding out that there is one here in London...
I have a hairdresser that actually cuts what I tell her to, so I can't really complain, but it's a bit embarassing to be laughed at everytime because of my usual "not-even-an-inch" haircut...
But I'll guess I'll keep getting laughed at since the difference in prices is not minimal...

Look at at how pretty your hair is, no matter what people say, make sure you prove to yourself you have the last laught by communicating to your stylist exactly what you want. I have to admit i looked up GM salons in germany too and i cant figure out if they only sell the products or iftheir stylists are breathing the philosophy behind them. Im fine with cutting my own hair, but it would be nice to know a place for deep treatment, scalp massages, color and orstraighteninjobs that i really trust. I can do it myself but often it takes me an entire day :/

Anje
March 9th, 2015, 12:27 PM
If money were no object....

I'd probably find something more fun and rewarding to do with my life, do some cool traveling, and hope that my hair improves with the stress reduction!

*ReiKa*
March 9th, 2015, 12:35 PM
To be honest I'm fine with the treatments and the hair packs that I do myself... and my hairdresser, as I said, really cuts only what I ask her to and never plans to use thinning scissors on me or any other thinning stuff, which is an aspect that is hard to find on other hairdressers! there should be more hairdressers like her! it's just a bit annoying because she thinks that cutting only half inch is pointless and tries to convince me on cutting a bit more, but I can't be bothered to cut more, what can I do!

MINAKO
March 9th, 2015, 01:12 PM
To be honest I'm fine with the treatments and the hair packs that I do myself... and my hairdresser, as I said, really cuts only what I ask her to and never plans to use thinning scissors on me or any other thinning stuff, which is an aspect that is hard to find on other hairdressers! there should be more hairdressers like her! it's just a bit annoying because she thinks that cutting only half inch is pointless and tries to convince me on cutting a bit more, but I can't be bothered to cut more, what can I do!

Haha, of course its possible to get exellent results in the good ol' bathroom at home. I was thinking more about the entire image of how i would like to see myself during the process. Kinda like...

http://youtu.be/Ym9rDOObHdw

jacqueline101
March 9th, 2015, 01:34 PM
If money were no object I'd buy all sorts of hair toys and a make all sorts. Then I'd buy a nice toy storage box. I'd have a large one to keep everything together.

Breanna
March 9th, 2015, 06:10 PM
I love the idea of paying someone to S&D for me! I'll definitely get some nice expensive forks and sticks, and silk sheets sound great for my "hair" (my whole body and desire to feel extremely pampered lol)

AZDesertRose
March 9th, 2015, 07:04 PM
Add me to the queue of people who'd have a giant hair toy collection!

Other than that, not much, really.

veryhairyfairy
March 9th, 2015, 08:24 PM
Honestly, the only thing I'd do differently is find someone who would henna my roots for me (I just hate doing it so much! I have 3"+ long blonette roots on the back of my head from only hennaing my part, lol)!

If money were no object my hair would be the furthest thing from my mind. (I'd be too busy setting up my self-sustaining homestead!)

Sea_Otter spins
October 28th, 2022, 10:36 AM
I would search for a nice salon near me and get my hair trimmed, have pretty layers added in and ask for a gloss treatment. Then I would purchase all the products I've wanted to try, but couldn't afford before.

ArienEllariel
October 28th, 2022, 10:41 AM
Probably buy a bunch more expensive hair toys than I would otherwise. Try out more expensive products, pay someone to come to my house and carefully trim my hair how I would like.

tuanyiji
October 28th, 2022, 10:50 AM
I’d use the money to improve the living conditions and health conditions of me and all of my family, spend more on quality foods, with less stress and better life and more nutrition, it will surely benefit my hair growth.
I would not really change my hair care routine much, nor would I buy any products or ornaments for my hair, if I have the money and free time, I’d devote myself to DIY crafting and making tutorials, and possibly create my own brand. It would be nice to be recognized, though I won’t care how many followers are out there, being happy and doing what I love is the number 1 thing to me.

angel-baby
October 28th, 2022, 11:04 AM
Kerastase everything!! I resisted them for sooo long because of the price tag, but it works so well.
I would also go to a salon to get my roots touched up. Bleaching my own hair is a pain in the ass, and no matter how slow I go or how good my lighting and mirror situation is, I always seem to end up with one or two little leopard spots. Plus in a salon they could add Olaplex 1+2 to my formula, which I can't get on my own.
And I would try a Brazilian blowout at least once, to get that silky straight texture.

lapushka
October 28th, 2022, 11:07 AM
At this moment in time (because I had already answered this before), I would do the exact same thing. Still shop frugally and maybe maybe I would buy some Kérastase and Davines items; but that's it.

bparnell75
October 28th, 2022, 11:30 AM
I would get some hair implants to help with my balding hairline. O maybe just buy a really gorgeous wig.

AmaryllisRed
October 28th, 2022, 11:54 AM
Cut it more often. Even when growing it out, I'd like to have occasional trims in a nice salon.

rosenester
October 28th, 2022, 12:16 PM
* buy more silk (I have 2 scrunchies and 2 pillow cases so far)
*get a house-wide water filter system (but in this case I would have to buy my own house first :wink: )
*get fancy hair cutting scissors (i have $40 sally’s ones that are fine)
*try some top of the line conditioners, sustainable, plastic free, biodegradable and great for the hair. Or maybe hire a team to make a line like this super affordable and readily available. I do use bars already, but get the cheapest I can find and get on sale, 3 at a time, but have them shipped to me in tons of plastic :confused:
*Maybe I would get highlights or balayage and pay for the olaplex, k-18, whatever I need to keep it from breaking… but maybe just once, cause bleach is bleach whether DIY or salon.

Obsidian
October 28th, 2022, 05:54 PM
A house wide filter or RO system would be fantastic. I'd go for really high quality extensions until I got past all the worst growout stages

MusicalSpoons
October 28th, 2022, 05:56 PM
Oh boy, I had just two thoughts to start with:

Pay someone to S&D for me

Buy an Elymwold stick and try one of his forks (the main reason they're too expensive right now is because of VAT and postage, I don't think they are inherently expensive items, not like TT).

Then I had further thoughts:

Pay someone to wash my hair for me; it would save my arms and energy and I could do it more often. They could thoroughly scrub my scalp which would be great, and they can take their time and gently detangle and everything. I'm not keen on people touching my head or doing my hair but this would totally be worth it.
- Commission someone to design a washing system that can easily accommodate my hair while I'm reclining in bed, save my whole body not just my arms, and obviously have that system installed.
- Actually this hair person could enable me to try things like catnip rinses without exhausting myself.

Move somewhere with soft water, ideally Wales or the Lake District. I could pay for my whole family to live there without needing to find new jobs - they could if they wanted to, but they wouldn't *have* to - and my hair and skin would be so happy. I could employ a chauffeur to drive (and I'd install an electric charger in the house, to have an electric car) so my parents don't have to worry about windy and hilly roads, although I should fund a cure for anxiety so my Mum can enjoy all the journeys instead of only sometimes. Again, they could still drive if they wanted but they wouldn't have to. And yes this move really did start with thinking about my hair :lol: people say water softening systems aren't as good as naturally soft water. I'd like my own chauffeur too so I can have my independence. And the hair person I hire would be able to saturate my hair in distilled water before going on the beach, then wash it immediately after which would mean I could get it wet in the sea without worrying!

Get someone to formulate my holy grail conditioner - it would probably end up pretty much like a mix of the ones I currently use, with a custom range of scents (mainly rose and bergamot, I think).

Get my two broken Jeter forks fixed.

Commission someone to make flexi clips out of the ridiculous amount of supplies I have but don't have the energy for making. Then I could give them away completely free because I could cover the postage.

I could try different shampoos to see if any higher end ones worked better than what I currently use, without worrying about them being a waste of money. And if they don't work, my hair person could find out if any shelters want them, again saving my energy.

Try some different hairtoys that interest me, and then whichever ones don't work I can again give away for free.

Put out an ISO for MapleBurl forks, not worrying about the value and customs charges.

I could also go quite ruthlessly through my current hairtoys and be able to give away the ones I don't use, not worrying about getting any money back and being able to cover the postage. The hair person I hire could take the photos and write the descriptions for the post as well, saving me energy.
- [This hair person is beginning to sound like a PA. I do need one, but the situation isn't right even if I could get the funding. Whereas if we moved and started over somewhere else, it would hopefully be fine.]

Buy a Furnival helix.

I'd probably commission some other forks from different makers as well.

embee
October 29th, 2022, 06:38 AM
Since I practice benign neglect and NW/SO I don't have "hair" expenses... :D

I'd buy more fish to eat - or go to the local place that sells good fish dinners. I don't go often enough now because it costs so much and makes me crazy to spend half a week's food budget on one meal.

Shorty89
October 29th, 2022, 09:36 AM
I wouldn't change too much although I like the idea of having my own conditioner formulated. I'd probably stock up on conditioner first.

I would also buy some expensive hairtoys that I can't afford. Maybe get expensive S&D scissors too.

spidermom
October 30th, 2022, 10:46 AM
I'd go to a salon and have the galaxy colors professionally applied.

SandyBottom
October 31st, 2022, 01:04 PM
This is like "If I won the lottery..." for hair. I would like to eat a lot more healthier foods on a regular basis without having to consider the cost, have a professional photo shoot before I go too gray, and buy a few more hair toys since I have very few (but they are very cherished). My hair care consists of very little expense-wise.

Nefcerka
March 26th, 2023, 12:16 AM
Sorry for bumping, this is fun thread.

IŽd hire someone to do regency style updos on me everyday.
IŽd buy all the conditioners I crave.
I wouldnŽt feel guilty about using too much water on rinsing my hair.
And IŽd buy a lot of pretty hairsticks (they are not available in my country at all, except expensive handmade or ordering from abroad, also expensive).

mochichichi
March 26th, 2023, 12:05 PM
Hmm. I'd probably eat healthier for sure. Food is just so expensive .-.
I would also want to get soft water, I don't really notice buildup on my hair but I do notice how much more shampoo I have to use.
I would need a second closet for all the head wraps and silk scarves I would buy
Also buy nice conditioner, I have a couple nice ones I like but I use so much I can't justify using them as my main conditioners
Otherwise I'm pretty happy with my routine as is.

mortuseon
March 27th, 2023, 11:14 AM
Maybe buy a hairdryer and diffuser, lol. I have never used one but I was reading about hygral fatigue recently and wondered if it might be prudent. My hair never seems to dry fully overnight these days either (Scotland is cold) so it has been tempting...just seems like a potentially expensive waste of money if it does ruin my hair!

mortuseon
March 27th, 2023, 11:15 AM
Oh actually - someone to do my hair would be amazing! Mostly for all the intricate plaited styles that I am really bad at, lol.

LadyGuin
March 27th, 2023, 01:06 PM
Scalp massages once a week.

clairenewcastle
March 27th, 2023, 04:45 PM
Hmm. I'd probably eat healthier for sure. Food is just so expensive .-.

Exactly this.

Food is just too expensive, especially recently. I cannot afford to eat what I want to eat.

I would buy all the Solgar vitamins and supplements that I want to try....I would only buy organic food.

I would donate food to foodbanks.

Nefcerka
March 28th, 2023, 07:18 AM
Scalp massages once a week.

Oooh that would be nice! IŽd be tempted to try a champi (indian oil scalp massage) but IŽd worry about losing too much hair. Funny thing is, I am a certified massage therapist and can do an indian head and hair and scalp massage (a dry process, not with oil), but I cannot very well do it on myself! :laugh:

sipnsun
April 2nd, 2023, 12:15 PM
I would pay someone to give me a scalp massage with rose oil and then shampoo, condition and style my hair twice per week (since that's how often I'm shampooing atm).

puckish
April 2nd, 2023, 05:28 PM
If money wasn't an issue, I would only wash my hair at the beauty salon. Also, I would only do treatments with the most expensive products on the market. And, of course, I would have a personal hairstylish to do my hairstyles and finish my hair.

tsuki
April 6th, 2023, 02:12 PM
I'd probably dedicate and decorate an entire room with fancy hair sticks and hair toys, like how some people have entire rooms for their purses or shoes :D

SevereLocks
April 6th, 2023, 04:59 PM
ahhh that would be awesome id pay someone to massage my hair everyday when i wake up and when i go to bed id have the prettiest hair toys in all the land and i think someone brushing my hair carefully (not like the stylists) and conditioning it would great :pray: