PDA

View Full Version : My mom bought me hair ties/elastics that claim 'no damage'

FallingDarkness
April 20th, 2014, 05:53 PM
They specified that they were completely metal free, and they said that they were damageless, but IDK if I should trust them. I think Scunci or something was the brand? I'd love to be able to have hair ties for braid waves, because actual scrunchies don't work for that in my case. . . But I really don't want to cause any harm to my hair. <3

ArienEllariel
April 20th, 2014, 06:07 PM
I use them... however, I try to avoid making the tie too tight or repeatedly tying in the same location.

FallingDarkness
April 20th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Have you noticed any damage/breakage from using these? (We are talking about the same type of hair tie, right?)

Sharysa
April 20th, 2014, 06:10 PM
If your hair isn't too fragile and you don't tie them too tight, that type of elastic is perfectly fine. I use them with no problems but how fast I run out of them, due to my hair's thickness.

Valkyriejae
April 20th, 2014, 06:11 PM
If you're talking about the cloth covered ones, they're pretty good as long as you put them in and take them out carefully (ie: don't just yank them out of your hair like I used to!)
I use them for braids and pnoytails and haven't noticed any damage since I stopped being rough about it...

ArienEllariel
April 20th, 2014, 06:12 PM
In general, no. I don't notice damage from them. I switch between those and the silicone ones (just have to be extra careful with take down).

FallingDarkness
April 20th, 2014, 06:15 PM
OOH okay awesomesauce! :) I mean scrunchies are great for braid holders, but not when your hair is wet. . .
I'll be very gentle and careful upon removing them.

0xalis
April 20th, 2014, 11:41 PM
Yeah as long as you remove them gently and slowly, you should be all set!