PDA

View Full Version : 8 months of growth and finally got hair trimmed...

MissPetite2010
April 19th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Well, it's been a couple of months since I've posted. Went to a salon not far from my house today, and may have found a person who I may actually see again when getting hair trimmed. My wavy/coarse/curly hair, a lot of times I have no luck with salons. Usually I don't like going, no hair luck. Either a person wants to cut too much...cuts too much or thin-out!?! Yikes! My hair type, thin-out, No!No! Never have, never will. I didn't have very many split ends thank goodness. She cut off a quarter of an inch was all. All I needed. Length still looks the same. haha Now just got about 5 more inches to go, to reach WL. Super excited. Will be my first time to reach that length. Okay stepping off my soapbox now. :) One happy LHC'er

ErinLeigh
April 19th, 2014, 10:16 PM
Congratulations on the great cut and not getting taken away from goal. Stylists are such a crap shoot that I totally understand how elating it is to find one who is respectful of you wishes. :)

MissPetite2010
April 19th, 2014, 11:18 PM
Congratulations on the great cut and not getting taken away from goal. Stylists are such a crap shoot that I totally understand how elating it is to find one who is respectful of you wishes. :)

Ty. Yeah, it can be rough at times. Just happened to luck out today. Noticed some of the splits were getting to the point that I was like, "Yikes, time for a cut!" If I could, I'd probably do it on my own, but who knows how it would turn out.... uh-oh! lol Thanks again.... now just gotta think Patience is key.... in the words of I think I can I think I can.... my hair can grow my hair can grow... lol

cole
April 20th, 2014, 12:32 AM
Awesome! Getting a good stylist feels like winning the lottery, doesn't it? ha. With my curls it has always been hard for me to find someone I trust. I've had a few I just loved but they really didn't ever cut my hair how I wanted. So, had to stop going to them. (Why do stylists always feel the need to straighten my hair, even when I sit there and talk about how I never ever straighten my hair because it is so damaging and fades color and blahblahblah? Oi.) I wish you an easy further 5 inches of growth!

Isilme
April 20th, 2014, 04:27 AM
Have you thought about cutting your own hair? I needed a trim yesterday so I took a spray bottle with water, combs, elastics and my hair scissors to the bathroom mirror and started to trim away! One and a half inches later and I'm very happy with the result. I have been trimming my own hair for at least two years.
http://feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/

MissPetite2010
April 20th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Have you thought about cutting your own hair? I needed a trim yesterday so I took a spray bottle with water, combs, elastics and my hair scissors to the bathroom mirror and started to trim away! One and a half inches later and I'm very happy with the result. I have been trimming my own hair for at least two years.
http://feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/

I would love too, but I'm afraid of what the results would be. Its also layered. I may have to check youtube vids to see if there's any on wavy/curly hair

cole
April 20th, 2014, 09:39 AM
There should be plenty. The Curly Girl book has a written out (and photo-illustrated) guide for maintaining a cut yourself, and I'm pretty sure the DVD it comes with demonstrates it as well. Might be worth checking out, or borrowing from a friend!

lapushka
April 20th, 2014, 10:30 AM
I would love too, but I'm afraid of what the results would be. Its also layered. I may have to check youtube vids to see if there's any on wavy/curly hair

You can self-layer your hair in two ways; it's called a "compact cut". You either put a ponytail on the top of your head and trim a tiny bit (for longer layers), or you put a ponytail on the top of your forehead and trim (for short layers).

MissPetite2010
April 20th, 2014, 08:53 PM
There should be plenty. The Curly Girl book has a written out (and photo-illustrated) guide for maintaining a cut yourself, and I'm pretty sure the DVD it comes with demonstrates it as well. Might be worth checking out, or borrowing from a friend!

thanks for the tip. I may have to check into it. :)