PDA

View Full Version : Hair typing help please

diddiedaisy
April 19th, 2014, 05:49 AM
Hi all, could you please help me type my hair. I asked a while ago but didn't do it properly. This time I washed my hair and left it completely untouched, no towel, combs or finger touching. Boy is that hard!!!

I'm too dumb to get my photo on here, so could you please look at album titled hair typing.

Thankyou

momschicklets
April 19th, 2014, 06:01 AM
I'll take a stab at it, but I'm fairly new to this just so you know :) But I think you're 1c maybe 2a. I consider myself 2a and I think I have a little stronger wave. I'm sure someone else will chime in soon enough too!

Budgie
April 19th, 2014, 06:11 AM
I think 2b.

Wosie
April 19th, 2014, 06:30 AM
2a is my pick. ^_^ Much wavier than 1b/1c, for sure!

Brattina88
April 19th, 2014, 06:42 AM
I think 2a/2b. It looks a bit waiver than my own :) I like your texture & color

lapushka
April 19th, 2014, 07:03 AM
I think that's about 2a.

Weewah
April 19th, 2014, 07:12 AM
I think 2a/2b

ARG
April 19th, 2014, 07:44 AM
I agree with everyone else, 2a/2b!

diddiedaisy
April 19th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Thanks all. I thought I'd slipped into the 2 catagory.

I'm surprised at how even the wave/curl was. Usually if I let me hair dry naturally I get some curly bits, some wavy bits, some straight and a fair bit of frizz thrown in just for good measure. I do usually comb it though and fiddle with it while it is drying. I definitely have a problem with frizz though. At least I know why now.

All I need to do now is figure out a way to work with it, after 40 years of straight (I'm going to deny my 80s perm). Any suggestions would be welcome.

Weewah
April 19th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Thanks all. I thought I'd slipped into the 2 catagory.

I'm surprised at how even the wave/curl was. Usually if I let me hair dry naturally I get some curly bits, some wavy bits, some straight and a fair bit of frizz thrown in just for good measure. I do usually comb it though and fiddle with it while it is drying. I definitely have a problem with frizz though. At least I know why now.

All I need to do now is figure out a way to work with it, after 40 years of straight (I'm going to deny my 80s perm). Any suggestions would be welcome.

Squeeze leave in conditioner into your soaking wet hair, then scrunch it up to squeeze out excess water, then blot/scrunch some more with your hair towel. Then let air dry without touching. Detangling in the shower and applying product to wet hair without combing after will help the waves clump better, and squeezing conditioner into the hair helps with dryness and frizz a lot. There's a big wavy and wurly thread on here that might be helpful for you too!:)