PDA

View Full Version : What hair color best suits my skin tone/eye color? (Pictures)

Ravenwind
April 18th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Hi!

So I've been growing out my natural hair color for almost 2 1/2 years now, and henna, because I wanted to see what my natural hair color actually looked like since I hadn't seen it in years. But lately I've been itching to dye it again. It's dirty blonde, and I have fair skin and green eyes. I can't tell what my skin tone is though (warm, cold, or neutral), and I can't decide what color looks best on me.

I love red, henna especially, but it's too dark on me. I have been thinking about using a henna/cassia mix, but I want to get the right mixture for the right color for my skin tone.

In the pictures you'll notice my eyebrows are darker, but truth is I fill them in because they are really blonde compared to the hair on my head.

Here is a recent picture of my hair. The top half is my natural hair color (slightly lightened with Easy-Lights) and the bottom half is grown out henna.
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/kirstiedawn/10154404_4008167940122_78878272_n_zps6e05544e.jpg (http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/kirstiedawn/media/10154404_4008167940122_78878272_n_zps6e05544e.jpg. html)

This was when I was back in high school, had shorter bangs, and my hair was very dark brown, almost black. I miss those bangs and I like the color!
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/kirstiedawn/392134_1581127985640_561796986_n_zps0821a82f.jpg (http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/kirstiedawn/media/392134_1581127985640_561796986_n_zps0821a82f.jpg.h tml)

Here, I think this was new henna, and I decided to add some black into my bangs.
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/kirstiedawn/430498_1793417932756_985128723_n_zps96f62e76.jpg (http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/kirstiedawn/media/430498_1793417932756_985128723_n_zps96f62e76.jpg.h tml)

And lastly, I had light blonde CURLY hair when I was little.
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/kirstiedawn/65657_2973416031971_2045802818_n_zps3fb90eff.jpg (http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/kirstiedawn/media/65657_2973416031971_2045802818_n_zps3fb90eff.jpg.h tml)

I hope these show what color suits my skin tone and eye color and that maybe someone can decipher exactly what my skin tone is ;) Honestly I think my natural hair color suits me the best, but it looks kind of boring and I wanted to enhance it!

Thanks for looking!

Marbid
April 18th, 2014, 11:56 PM
I personally like the top picture.. The one with the lightest hair color.. All the others look cute.. But that one has a certain softness to you. Cant quite put my finger on it.. But you look... Pinker in it.. The other ones bring out a yellower under tone in your skin, specially the middle picture.. The top picture seems... Like your skin has more pink in it. I like it like that..

But again... Just personal opinion. Also.. You seem to have some freckles... Cute.. You are very pretty.. I think freckles look cuter in lighter hair colors and pinker skin..

Autumn_Fairy
April 19th, 2014, 12:24 AM
I always advocate first for embracing one's natural hair color, but for the sake of answering your question more clearly: I think that you have a neutral bordering on warm skin tone. Its not warm enough to make you look bad in solid black (if I saw that picture alone I would think it looks fantastic), but the henna with black bangs is very striking and makes your whole complexion come alive.

ErinLeigh
April 19th, 2014, 02:22 AM
I like the picture on top best (the natural color with highlights) for if you are going for a subtle look.
The henna mixed with cassia could be wonderful also for a warm strawberry blond or light copper. Red is quite striking on you. Maybe you are a neutral color since they all look good?

EDIT hmm I maybe would need a full face pic of natural color before being firm on decision. The red keeps appealing to me more and more. It plays up the green eyes and highlights a hint of freckle in skin. I guess it comes down to what type of look are you going for? Something soft and beautiful or something more bold and beautiful. The red appears more daring on you but a softer red might get you right in the middle of the 2 so its hard to guess.

LanaBanana
April 19th, 2014, 03:08 AM
I love your natural color, but that third picture is just striking! Do you have a picture with your hair now where you can see your eye color too? I feel like I can't get a good idea of what your natural color looks like with your features from the first photo. Regardless of what you choose, you are gorgeous and look great in all the colors above.

Annibelle
April 19th, 2014, 08:51 AM
I think you look incredible in all of them, but honestly I love the first. It gives sort of a beachy vibe. But the last one looks great, too, in a different way. BTW I love the ombre effect you have going on in the first pic. :)

lapushka
April 19th, 2014, 08:55 AM
I like your natural color the best on you. You're absolutely right in thinking henna is too dark for you. I'd keep growing it out. Least amount of damage and best of all: no upkeep on color!

Budgie
April 19th, 2014, 09:14 AM

Ravenwind
April 19th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Thank you everyone!! Your responses help a lot! I do agree that my natural color looks the best right now, and it was a goal of mine to let it all grow out completely so I have a full head of virgin hair. If it helps I can post a picture of me from the front so it's easier to see my face and get a better look at my skin color and eye color. (I'm more on the creative side so my pictures aren't usual pictures ;))

MsBubbles
April 19th, 2014, 09:18 AM
I like all the colors actually... I think you have a warmer skin tone.

Also, spongebob.

:lol: Yes! Very good.

You look great in all colors (I can't really tell too much in the beach/child pic but you were a child so you look cute anyway). I'm biased towards natural hair color but you are young and I can understand you wanting to sport a whole load of different looks.

Ravenwind
April 19th, 2014, 09:19 AM
I like all the colors actually... I think you have a warmer skin tone.

Also, spongebob.

Hahaha yesss :)

Ravenwind
April 19th, 2014, 09:20 AM
:lol: Yes! Very good.

You look great in all colors (I can't really tell too much in the beach/child pic but you were a child so you look cute anyway). I'm biased towards natural hair color but you are young and I can understand you wanting to sport a whole load of different looks.

Thank you! I wish I could dye my hair purple honestly! If it wasn't because of my job I totally would haha.

Weewah
April 19th, 2014, 09:21 AM
The first picture is my favorite, I agree that it has a beachy vibe. :)

meteor
April 19th, 2014, 09:46 AM
I really love the first picture the most. I think you look both very natural and classy with that color - and you are lucky that you have it naturally! :)
My close second vote would be your last picture - beachy sandy blonde/brunette curls.

But the other colors look excellent on you, too.
You've got that great look where you can pull off a bunch of very different hair colors and textures naturally.
Personally, I wouldn't dye hair any of those colors though as I know too much about damage now. I'd recommend getting wigs or clip-in extensions in the colors you like. No commitment, no maintenance, no damage.

Ravenwind
April 19th, 2014, 09:57 AM
The first picture is my favorite, I agree that it has a beachy vibe. :)

Thank you! :)

I really love the first picture the most. I think you look both very natural and classy with that color - and you are lucky that you have it naturally! :)
My close second vote would be your last picture - beachy sandy blonde/brunette curls.

But the other colors look excellent on you, too.
You've got that great look where you can pull off a bunch of very different hair colors and textures naturally.
Personally, I wouldn't dye hair any of those colors though as I know too much about damage now. I'd recommend getting wigs or clip-in extensions in the colors you like. No commitment, no maintenance, no damage.

Thanks! Honestly I don't mind dyeing my hair chemically once in a while. I rarely do that anymore so the damage would be very minimal. Plus I'm low maintenance so I don't worry about the upkeep :) But if or when I do decide to dye my hair again I'll probably do a henna/cassia mix. Wigs are a good way to see what hair colors would suit me, but I wouldn't wear them ;)

Larki
April 19th, 2014, 10:14 AM
I also like the first picture best, but all the colors looked great on you! I love how bangs looked on you, and you mentioned that you missed them, so maybe if you feel like a change, you could get bangs again?

Nedertane
April 19th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Gonna go against the majority, and say the third picture looks best - everything just "comes alive". I think your skin tone is warm enough for henna, and your eyes are a deep enough color to handle some darkness (I wouldn't go full black, though).

Colourful
April 19th, 2014, 10:41 AM
I also vote for the first photo. It goes with your skin tone the best. :)

slynr
April 19th, 2014, 10:50 AM
I'm also going with picture 1. My second favorite would be the henna.

FallingDarkness
April 19th, 2014, 11:18 AM
First picture I think suits you best, but you are just drop dead gorgeous so I think you can pull off anything!

xoChesleyy
April 19th, 2014, 11:29 AM
I think all of those hair colors suit you!

But personally, the top picture (your natural hair color) is my favorite.. Or maybe I just really like that hair color in general. :shrug:
The red is also gorgeous as well.. In the end, what matters is your personal preference and what would make you feel most yourself. (:
Lucky for you, you have features that can pull off several different types of looks and hairstyles!

Isilme
April 19th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Your natural hair colour is very very pretty! And I'm not against dyeing at all. If you want something different I think a weak henna gloss to just give you a hint of red/strawberry red would also look amazing.
Your current colour reminds me of a deer, soft warm brownish. Looks really great, I wish the colour that grows out of my head would look that good!

spidermom
April 19th, 2014, 03:07 PM
I think your skin tones comes in on the warm side, but very delicate, almost neutral. You're probably a spring, so any warm color should suit you. I don't like the darker colors on you; I think they kind of wash you out and overwhelm the tones of your skin.

Your natural color is very pretty.

divinedobbie
April 19th, 2014, 05:59 PM
I'm not a fan of the dark hair on you (the highschool pic). The henna looked pretty good, but your natural colour looks absolutely amazing. It just gives off a really great "classy/sophisticated" vibe.

ETA: I'd love to see a front-face photo with your natural colour to see how it goes with your eyes and skin tone.

IubireaDraga
April 19th, 2014, 06:41 PM
I'm usually NOT pro-natural hair color... but your hair color is absolutely gorgeous!

DO NOT COLOR IT !

that's my opinion but do what feels best for you :))

vindo
April 19th, 2014, 08:16 PM
I like the first picture. The top half is natural? It looks like a warm strawberry blonde to me. Some reddish undertones. I think it suits you perfectly.

Brileeka
April 19th, 2014, 10:35 PM
I like them all. I like the first one because of the effect of the grown out henna kinda given a reddish brown ombre effect. You would look good with like a strawberry blonde hair color if you could get the right mixture of henna and cassia to do that. But about every hair color suits you.

cole
April 20th, 2014, 12:43 AM
I'm quite jealous, you seem to pull them off all so well. I do think you do well with darker hair, but the black seemed to really contrast too much for my taste. Perhaps, though, it is just the photo. I am simply envious of the henna/black picture, how lovely! Your eyes are beautiful. That said, your natural color is wonderful as well. I think that so long as you feel confident and beautiful in something, you'll pull it off. (: So that is good! Doesn't make deciding what to do any easier, though. I do second doing a cassia/henna for strawberry blonde, but maybe just doing cassia would give it a little fresh breath of life and you'll love what you've got even more after it?

Ravenwind
April 20th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Aww thank you everyone!! I really appreciate your comments and compliments :grouphug:

I have to agree that darker colors and even too light of colors don't suit me very well. I had my bangs bleached (underneath some brown) and it really washed me out. Darker colors do make my eyes stand out more but they make me look paler than I already am. I'm trying to find that happy medium that I can stick with for a while :)

Does anyone recommend a henna/cassia mix, or gloss? I've never done either.

Ravenwind
April 20th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Here's a couple more pictures. (Sorry if they're too big!)

This is fairly recent, end of last year
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/kirstiedawn/994924_3537312409028_1228999361_n_zpsedd54276.jpg (http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/kirstiedawn/media/994924_3537312409028_1228999361_n_zpsedd54276.jpg. html)

This was taken about a year and a half ago
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/kirstiedawn/45943_2646352495587_919638783_n_zps964692e2.jpg (http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/kirstiedawn/media/45943_2646352495587_919638783_n_zps964692e2.jpg.ht ml)

MadeiraD
April 20th, 2014, 08:18 PM
I love the henna, I think it looks gorgeous on you

ravenheather
April 22nd, 2014, 06:12 AM
I like the henna too. Keep it light by mixing with cassia or glossing. Or you natural color.

queenovnight
April 22nd, 2014, 08:47 AM
Another vote for your natural color.

koolkittychick
April 23rd, 2014, 11:02 AM
I also vote for your natural color. They go best with your beautiful mossy green eyes. I agree that you are a "warm spring" in coloring--blonnette hair, pale golden skin, deep green eyes. It's like Mother Nature pulled the colors from a freshly bloomed meadow in April just after sunrise and decided to paint you with that palette. I say she knows best, so don't change a thing. :)

SleepyTangles
April 23rd, 2014, 01:33 PM
I'm really biased toward your red hair, it just seem the perfect shade: natural and very flattering against your eyes and skintone. However you are a natural beauty, you look good with all these hair colours.
My second favourite is your natural colour in the first photo :).

LAG93
April 23rd, 2014, 02:29 PM
your natural color is great, maybe try honey lightening if you want something subtle and different but itll still look natural...plus its good for your hair!

Ravenwind
April 24th, 2014, 07:55 PM
I also vote for your natural color. They go best with your beautiful mossy green eyes. I agree that you are a "warm spring" in coloring--blonnette hair, pale golden skin, deep green eyes. It's like Mother Nature pulled the colors from a freshly bloomed meadow in April just after sunrise and decided to paint you with that palette. I say she knows best, so don't change a thing. :)

Awww wow thank you! I have never gotten that kind of compliment before :)

And thank you everyone! I'm stuck between wanting to keep growing out my natural color or doing a henna/cassia mix. Hmmm....

mcgg417
November 4th, 2015, 10:52 PM
I can honestly say your natural color suits you the best by far :agree:

Mirabele
November 5th, 2015, 01:05 AM
you are very beautiful! i like your natural color, it brings out that delicate beauty of your pale skin. than natural/henna ombre is very nice as well. you also look stunning in henna/black too!

tigress86
November 5th, 2015, 01:18 AM
I agree that you are definitely a Spring when it comes to seasonal color analysis. I like your natural color best, very pretty and soft. If you want a change then maybe try some natural/non-damaging ways to lighten it all over or to get some highlights. You look good with the darker colors too, but for me, even thought the black makes your skin and eyes look good, it looks kind of artificial.

Sweets
November 5th, 2015, 02:09 AM
Another vote for natural, but I also like your idea of a cassia/henna mix. Henna does seem to suit you well also, but I like natural best.

Dommydomdom
November 5th, 2015, 02:46 AM
I think your natural hair color is gorgeous! But if you want to darken it slightly, you can also use black walnuts as a natural dye or even rosemary for a less permanent darkening color. I think that that the combo of green eyes and dark brown hair or red hair is beautiful (always what I wished I had!)

Nuala
November 5th, 2015, 09:02 AM
I think your natural colour fits best with the colour of your eyes and your skin tones. The dark colours are a little bit too harsh, in my opinion.

lapushka
November 5th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Guys this thread is over a year old. ;)

parkmikii
November 5th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Guys this thread is over a year old. ;)

I just realised that too :))

xoAshley
November 5th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Your natural color!! :)

xoAshley
November 5th, 2015, 09:26 AM
LOL. I didn't read the last page before I posted.... silly!