PDA

View Full Version : My hair is tailbone and if I wear it in a low ponytail it tangles too much?

Leslieslsa
April 17th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Does anyone else have this problem? I didn't have this problem when it was long in high school. (Although I don't know that it was THIS long) But when I wear it in a low pony tail, it tangles a lot. Like almost matting depending on how long I leave it. And my hair is in good shape, so I don't really get it.

Rio040113
April 18th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Just the nature of long hair, for most people anyway! Loose hair = tangles. If you want to wear your hair in a ponytail/still show some of your length, you could try just wearing it in a braid, that should help keep the tangles away :)

kaydana
April 18th, 2014, 07:46 AM
At that kind of length, a ponytail is basically the same as wearing your hair down, with all the tangly joy that wearing hair down results in. I second Rio's suggestion for wearing a braid if you want to show off the length.

Madora
April 18th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Your hair moves around if you leave it down. Over time, it will get tangled. If you want to protect you hair, braid it, or better still, wear it up. I'd also replace that ponytail holder with a barrette or Flexi 8.

Hairitic
April 18th, 2014, 08:05 AM
I've noticed the same problem. It didn't get nearly as tangled/matted at Hip length or even at BCL. I wear it braided or up mostly now.

Isilme
April 18th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Yep, it happens. If we want long hair we just have to learn how to deal with it, comes with the territory so to say.

dulce
April 19th, 2014, 12:04 PM
How about a caterpillar braid?use cloth hair safe ribbons shaped like elastics down the length of the pony.

Marika
April 19th, 2014, 12:40 PM
I have the same problem with ponytails AND braids (and no matter what length). It's a shame because I really like the way braids look. But I do like my buns too! :)

Carolyn
April 19th, 2014, 12:56 PM
That's one of the reasons I don't have tbl hair anymore. The tangles were horrendous. I got sick of only being able to do a braid or a bun. I vary between bottom of bra and waist now and like it much better.

ladylowtide
April 19th, 2014, 01:04 PM
I'm almost BCL and I feel you on this particular problem. Actually all of these responses are solidifying my decision to grow to TBL then cut back to hip. I like the look of long hair, but I don't like bunning it all the time.

spidermom
April 19th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Me too. Ponytails and braids left loose swing around, resulting in lots of tangles.

meteor
April 19th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Yes, even when I braid my hair, I get some tangles at the base sometimes, and ponytails are way worse. I even had that problem at BSL, let alone TBL.
The hairstyles that are perfect against nape tangles are 2 braids and anything that uses 2 braids: e.g. milkmaid braids.

queenovnight
April 19th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Mine has recently started doing that. In fact, if its ever loose.. it gets all crazy and tangled. I find it's best to just keep it bunned or braided.

IubireaDraga
April 19th, 2014, 06:35 PM
I'm soon at hip and let's put it like this - it is constantly in a braid! I "accidently fell alseep last night with my hair loose. I will never do that again, that's for sure! It was a mess this morning and it took me alot of coconut oil and time to gently detangle it. :doh: